Looking for TTC buddies

It is a bit ridiculous. I mean there was no harm in giving it to me in case I developed antibodies and they give it if you miscarry after 12 weeks but not before. And if you go privately they give it to you after any miscarriage. I was so annoyed because basically they said I would get it and then the dr wasn't there to prescribe it on a Friday! And after the weekend it would have been to late as has to be within 72 hours.

I also have strep B and luckily got antibiotics but I know some hospitals don't do it and babies die as a result! Crazy!

I also had to pay privately for my DD to have chicken pox vaccination and meningitis B - even though in the US and in other developed countries you get it the NHS doesn't do chicken pox at all and only one type of meningitis for my DD's age group (then they started giving it for younger children).

As far as D&C follow up I am in the US where they love to brag about their amazing health care, but my OB just had me come in, asked if I was bleeding pushed on my stomach, asked it it hurt, and said call if you get pregnant again. Then charged me for an office visit of course. No scans, no blood tests, absolutely nothing.I'm eager to move back to Canada where at least I won't have to pay for these things (1 year and 6 days until we can move home!)

So I have a question that maybe some of you can answer.

For the last couple of days I have been reviewing the supplements I am taking. I think I am overdosing on folic acid. I have been taking prenatal that contain 800mcg and Vitamin B Complex that contains 400mcg folic acid. I have been reading online that is too much. I have been thinking about dropping B Complex and maybe only taking one prenatal (bottle says to take 2 so 1 would be 400mcg)? The vitamin A on my prenatal seems really high too 4000IU, which I have read should be a bit lower.

Any thoughts? My OB won't see me until 10 weeks and there are no midwives or anyone to see before then so I'm on my own for the first while and thinking that is a long time to be overdosing. I have searched online, but of course have found a lot of conflicting information.

My husband (who is a doctor) was able to look up some guidelines from his medical journals. Apparently 400mcg of folic acid is recommended by most health agencies so my vitamin with 800 (for two gummies) is fine, but I don't actually need that much. He said for Vitamin A as long as you don't exceed 10,000 IU you are fine, but my pre-natal has the retinol kind (which we should be a little more cautious of). He said it is still fine, but that I can easily take one gummy instead of two since we have a very good diet anyway. I also take extra vitamin D and have a nutrient packed shake for breakfast every day so I am covered there.

Just thought I would pass that along in case anyone else had similar questions. Complicated stuff!

Good info on the supplements karoolia!

The more I here everyone's experience with doctors the luckier I feel. This last pregnancy which was right after a chemical they had me come in for hCG draws at 10 and 12 dpo. And then for a sono at 6 weeks which I think was too early back then and even more so now since it gave me false hope that everything was fine after seeing a heartbeat. I also usually get results the same day or next day and always see the midwife or doctor right after sonos. I'm sorry some of you have been or are treated the way have been.

My cervix is closed for the first time since the mc. Yesterday I really just saw some blood upon checking. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting some creamy cm which I didn't have at all post mc. And about a week I hope to start seeing ewcm!

Well I am 13 or 14 dpo today(FF says I'm 13dpo, but I'm pretty sure I'm 14dpo..because I believe I'm one of those women who ovulate on the same day I get a +OPK) .. no AF yet.. but I'm pretty sure she will start tomorrow.. I'm out of my IC tests.. I didn't buy another test because I'm convinced AF is coming..if I don't conceive this cycle I will be fine with it.. because next month, my fertile time happens to fall on our 10 year wedding anniversary! And we have a romantic getaway planned, so I think it would be neat to conceive then😊 Especially because I conceived our son literally on our wedding night .. so just try to eat really healthy and exercise and lose as much weight as possible before then.. doing pretty good, already lost 4lbs.. I'm trying to lose 10% of my body weight.. because the doctor told me that can boost fertility.. I'm only like 2lbs overweight but still.. can't hurt right?

ladyapril I think it would be really sweet and romantic to conceive on your anniversary!

You have probably already said, but where are you going for your getaway?

Karoolia I take 5mg of folic acid a day! When I was pregnant before I was taking the normal recommended 400mcg a day but when I saw the mw she told me to take 5mg of folic acid as my bmi is slightly over 30 ( heaviest I've ever been) so my body needs more. So I've just continued to take that plus my prenatals. But if I don't fall this month il get cracking on losing some weight. X

Karoolia I take 5mg of folic acid a day! When I was pregnant before I was taking the normal recommended 400mcg a day but when I saw the mw she told me to take 5mg of folic acid as my bmi is slightly over 30 ( heaviest I've ever been) so my body needs more. So I've just continued to take that plus my prenatals. But if I don't fall this month il get cracking on losing some weight. X

For sure if your mw recommends more! I'll up or down in accordance with the OB if I make it long enough to see him. I just hate that I have to wait until 10 weeks to even ask the question. At least my husband has some knowledge in the area, but OB really isn't his thing so I'm still eager to talk to the OB.

I'm still taking my two pre-natals for now, but I did drop my B complex so I'm at 800mcg of folic acid now. I'll probably cut down to the recommended 400 soon.

Isn't 5mg = 5000mcg? It would never occur to me to take that much, but I'm glad your mw was able to direct you. I'm envious of the midwife system you have there. I think I would prefer that. My OB has a midwife starting with him in August, but I don't think you get access to her until after that first appointment.

By the way, I told DH yesterday!

When I was asking him about my vitamins he thought I was just researching because I *could* be pregnant. He was still very surprised haha.

I didn't do anything big this time. Last time I bought cupcakes and surprised him with the positive test. This time I just told him and showed him my digital test. He was shocked that it had happened so quickly. Like me he is nervous and excited all at once.

The best part is that his father was born 01/01 and he was born 02/02 and if things go well with this pregnant my due date is 03/03. Obviously chances are good it would come on another date, but he is very excited to try to carry on the trend.

I was taking extra folic acid (like 4 of 400mcg plus the prenatal) but then googled and read that excessive folic acid is linked to autism. My friend's daughter has just been diagnosed as autistic and she is really upset. Anyway, now just taking prenatal which has folic acid in it.

Ahh karoolia that would be so great if baby was born on that date!!! I'm sure everything will be fine! Xx

ricschick - I know! DH has always joked about how cool it would be to have an 03/03 baby. It's cute how excited he is that it could happen.

How you feeling karoolia?

My opks are still not positive! Ugh it's so frustrating they seem stuck at a certain darkness! Fx as I'm apparently in my fertile window that il ov soon!!!

I'm feeling everything. Emotionally both hopeful and scared. Physically, I feel like I have been having more symptoms sooner compared to last time. I have felt queasy several times and some smells have really bothered me. I have also noticed that I feel much hungrier than usual and have been taking afternoon naps. I'm actually wondering if some of it is in my head. I barely had any symptoms last time so this is odd (hoping it is a good sign).

ricschick when do you normally ovulate? Do you usually get slightly darker opks before the actual positive. I know some women just go from very negative to very positive quickly. I have my fingers crossed for you. I was convinced I wasn't going to ovulate and obviously it happened for me. I think we might just feel more anxious about it after our mcs and wanting to be able to try again asap.

AF got me this morning, booooo! But I'll definitely keep trying again in July and updating you gals!

I've just had a voicemail out of the blue from the early pregnancy unit regarding some results. I've tried to ring them back but the lady is back in clinic now and will have to ring me back! I didn't know they were doing any tests! I'm actually shaking.

Sorry to hear that LadyApril.

Karoolia - Keeping my fingers crossed that all your symptoms are a good sign!

Ahh sorry ladyapril xx
Ahh bless you cookies how awful they didn't tell you they were doing tests.

Karoolia I ov cd25 last cycle straight after dnc. And the cycle I feel pregnant it was cd22. So some wriggle room on when I will ov. Just worried il miss it. lol I'm trying not to get too anxious over it! 😱

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->