Looking for TTC buddies

Thank you for sharing your journey, Karoolia. I am hopeful my period returns in a few weeks - my birthday is the end of this month and I almost want to have my period then! It would be about 4 weeks post d&c so it might be a little wishful thinking. FX it's within a month or so, and I ovulate quickly. We got pregnant fast last time so FX it's within a month or two this time as well!

So glad you got to hear a heartbeat this time - that 'there's no heartbeat' moment/memory is a scar on my heart that I don't think will ever fully heal :( Congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope you're feeling well! I was so sick with mine...I couldn't wait for the first trimester to be through. Of course now, I would go back to feeling sick in a heartbeat if it meant I got to keep that baby.

Some people get their cycles back right away, some don't. I guess 5 weeks is fairly average, but my OB said he wouldn't be concerned until I went more than 3 months. I felt like hitting him when he said that. I think that is rare though.

I actually didn't hear the heartbeat at my emergency scan. I was just given a report indicating what it was, which is obviously still nice to have. The tech wasn't allowed to tell us anything so he kept the sound off. I am desperately hoping it is still there and strong next week. As you said, being on that table waiting in silence then hearing that there is no heartbeat is one of the worst experiences I have ever had.

So maybe I wrote myself off too soon. I started having cramps this afternoon, which is unusual for me at 10 dpo, so I took another cheapie this evening (didn't want to waste a FRER), and there was a super faint line. I still had to tweak it to make it visible in a picture, but it's easier to see in real life. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it's enough to make me test again tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20170810_165136.jpg
    20170810_165136.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 12
I see it too spiffy! Fx for a good line today!

I totally see that line, Spiffy!!!! YAY! Hope it gets darker today.

Karoolia - my OB said the same...some women have periods in 4-5 weeks, some women it takes 8+. I was told if it takes more than 2 months to book an appointment. I have been peeing on sticks (IC's so I don't feel too bad) wanting to know when I'm clear of HCG (so weird wanting a negative test, but only so I can go back to wanting positives soon). On Wednesday night it was there but faint, I compared to photos of my previous tests and it was a touch lighter than the test I took the day my period was due last time. I'm hoping that means that the hormone is clearing out fast. I've gotten back into my workouts and eating better so I am hoping that's helping get me back to normal. I so hate that ultrasound techs can't say anything...so frustrating.

That's great Alligator! This is embarrassing, but I actually went through more tests after my miscarriage then I did while TTC. I became a little obsessed with getting a white negative. I guess I felt like that was the only thing I could do to get an idea of what was going on with my body.

I'll warn you that my HCG did fluctuate a bit post-mc and I had about a week where my tests got darker again then lighter once more. It did cross my mind that it could have been a chemical, but that really didn't add up for a number of reasons. Just wanted to share in case that happens to you.

That's great Alligator! This is embarrassing, but I actually went through more tests after my miscarriage then I did while TTC. I became a little obsessed with getting a white negative. I guess I felt like that was the only thing I could do to get an idea of what was going on with my body.

I'll warn you that my HCG did fluctuate a bit post-mc and I had about a week where my tests got darker again then lighter once more. It did cross my mind that it could have been a chemical, but that really didn't add up for a number of reasons. Just wanted to share in case that happens to you.

Oh goodness - scary, but thanks for sharing. I can be prepared in case that does happen. FX not, but I'm sorry you had to go through with that. And it's not embarrassing at all! I went through probably 18 tests when I was TTC and it was only one cycle. Thank god for ICs. I totally agree with you that it's the only way to have some idea of what's going on. I have a follow up pelvic exam next week (2w post d&c) and I'm hoping to ask about blood tests, getting my thyroid checked out and making sure I'm good to go. I miss my hubby and being intimate with him - what with the MC and feeling so ill with morning (all day) sickness before that it's been awhile.

Test today was a bfn, so that must have been a bad evap yesterday. :( I'm glad I didn't let myself get too excited.

Alligator, I went through about 20 cheapie tests between my miscarriage and my first AF (tests didn't go negative until 2 days into my period, which came exactly 4 weeks after I miscarried). Like Karoolia, my HCG also fluctuated a little towards the end and made me think I might be pregnant again.

Spiffy - I'm so sorry. If that was an evap, it really was a nasty one. I would still test again just to be sure. I'm sorry about the bfn :(

Alligator - the tests fluctuating wasn't that bad. I had been doing opks too and they had been all over the place so I was pretty confident I hadn't even ovulated so I was pretty confident it wasn't a new bfp. It was more frustrating that anything.

Alligator - just to give you some more info, I mc on May 19th and on July 3rd my HCG was down to 6. I O'ed a week and a half after that for the first time post O. So it took a while for things to be normal again.

Afm, I had been really good not starting opks super early and was hoping I'd be rewarded but instead no sign of O even at 18 dpo :( was hopeful I wouldn't end up with long cycles again but here we go.

I'm sorry ricschick you seem to have the same problem. It is so frustrating to now know when you will O :(

Spiffy - I'm sorry those tests got your hopes up :(

Sorry spiffy hopefully your not out yet!

Mom15 it is so frustrating I just wish my body was more regular !

Thank you for the advice and sharing your experience, ladies. What a miserable thing to go through and to take so long for our bodies to return to normal.. that's just the cherry on top of this terrible experience.

I'm not even 2 weeks post d&c and already struggling with the wait. I know I just have to be patient and trust my body but it's so hard! I'll probably continue to pee on cheapie tests but it's good to be aware it can fluctuate, so I won't get my hopes up about a future pregnancy too soon.

Spiffy sorry to see your BFN, tests can be so cruel.

Any signs of O Mom15 or Ricschick?

Alligator, I'm sorry you find yourself here. Just to add my experience to the mix, I had surgery when I should have been 11+6, I didn't do an OPK but I had ovulation symptoms 14 days later (scan later confirmed I had ovulated) and af returned exactly 28 days after surgery. I didn't track hormones after other than bwing told to do a test 3 weeks after surgery which was still a faint positive. By the time the hospital saw me for a scan a week later it was negative. My cycles were regular then and I got my BFP 2 weeks ago. I, like you struggled with the wait to get pregnant again, every af would send me into a funk for a few days. Everyone deals with it differently, but I think it's probably a fairly normal response to what's happened.

Ya, I can echo that the wait was really hard for me too. I know after a mc some people need time before feeling ready to try again, but for me all I wanted was to be pregnant again. We even started trying again two weeks after my D&C even though my OB said to wait until after AF arrived and even though I knew my body was confused.

The funny thing for me was that when AF finally did arrive I was extremely relieved and happy. It felt like a fresh start after going so long with lingering hcg and screwed up hormones.

Mom15 and Ricschick - I'm sorry O is being so elusive. Is a later ovulation normal for either or you or do you think your bodies are still adjusting post-mc?

I was hoping long irregular cycles aren't my normal and were the result of coming off of birth control and nursing. Post birth control and pre DS I has 6 cycles ranging between 5.5 and 7 weeks. So I thought it was probably still the birth control hormones that left things messed up. Then post DS and while still nursing they were really irregular with a lp defect and the earliest o was cd25 then the last three cycles until I conceived (this mc) I Oed cd16,19,21 (the last two i hadn't been nursing anymore) and I thought my cycle is finally pretty regular with a decently early O. So I don't know if it is just the mc that messed things up again or if it was various supplements I was taking. It's just frustrating. No sign of O this morning. No cm, no sex drive, no nothing.
Your scan is soooo close!! Maybe I'll just focus on that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->