Looking for TTC buddies

Mom15 that is perfect!! You must be so happy and relieved!

As for me, everything was good! It took the full hour and a half because baby would not cooperate for the last heart shot the OB needed, but he got it eventually. He gave us some 3D pictures he took of baby's face.

Mom15 And Karoolia, I'm glad you both had great scans! :flower:

Alligator, when are you planning on testing?

Can I join you all? :flower:

DH and I aren't officially TTC yet. Monday, we learned that our baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks (I was supposed to be 10+5) :cry: Everything seems to be happening on its own and I go in next week for an ultrasound/dr. appointment and to start a series of blood draws to confirm that my levels go back to zero.

Through this rollercoaster, DH and I have talked a lot and decided that if there's no medical reason for us to wait, we will TTC again right away. I know from experience I'll best cope and heal by moving forward and feeling like I'm in control of something in this whole process of growing our family. I'm nervous because this was our 6th loss - I had 3 chemical pregnancies before getting pregnant with DS2 and then 2 chemical pregnancies and now this mc since having DS2. But I'm also hopeful. We have DS2 (my big kids are mine with my ex) so we can have healthy babies, it's just going to take extra time and heartache. But when I look at my kids, I know that in the end it will all be worth it 110%. :cloud9:

Girls so glad your scans went well!!! Karoolia did you find out the sex? Xx

Hi aidensmomma this is a lovely group to join very supportive and lovely, again I'm so sorry for your loss xxxxx

No, we decided not to find out. DH's choice. I would love to know, but only out of curiosity. I don't have a preference, am not really a fan of getting inundated with all pink or all blue clothes from people, and we won't be doing a nursery until we move a few months after baby is born. So since I had no real reason to find out and he desperately wants to be surprised, I caved and agreed. Our compromise is we will find out for any and all future babies.

aidensxmomma - I'm glad you found us over here. This group has been such a great source of support for me. Trying again after a loss made me feel like I had some control over the situation, a way to move forward. Surprisingly (or maybe not), finding out I was pregnant again was a whole new roller coaster as I suddenly felt very out of control. These ladies have been there through it all.

One thing to watch for is that your hormones will be much more out of whack than they would have been with CPs. I remember feeling kind of crazy. Like sometimes perfectly fine and other times crying over the dumbest things. It was just my body reacting to the hormones rapidly leaving. Also, a lot of us here tested and got what looked like BFPs after 3-4 weeks that turned out to just be leftover HCG still kicking around. Some people do conceive immediately within that timeframe, but I saw those fake BFPs happen to enough of us, that I wanted to warn you about it. It took 5 weeks for AF to show up for me and I was still getting faint positives a week before that.

Aidensxmomma - I’m so sorry for what is happening to you! I am glad your body is finally recognizing it. Mine never did and I ended up taking Misoprostol to induce the mc. It’s going to be a tough few days/weeks/months ahead of you. I wanted to emphasize what Karoolia said as I think she has a point that sharing how long it may take for things to settle gives you the right expectations. I think I was one of the few or maybe the only one who had her levels drawn afterwards. It took a total of about 7 weeks for them to be negative. I did have a “period” after 4 weeks although I don’t think I ovulated confirmed by temping. Be aware that you may have one pos opk after another though at least I did and I think my leftover hormones caused those. I did O about 8 weeks after the mc. My doc had ordered to wait 2months after my levels were nagative. I think in part to spare me from being hopeful when it may not have worked right after the mc. Also my first two to three periods were quite clotty so maybe the lining wasn’t as good then as it was with my last cycle when I got pregnant. I think the average it has taken most of us is cycle three post mc. Mine was cycle 4, but maybe only because I didn’t try cycle 3.
I’m the end you decide what you need to do to heal and stay sane, but maybe you reserve a small spot in your head for the chance that it may not happen right away and the disappointment will be a bit less. Also stay away from frers, they seem to be picking up a ridiculously small amount of hCG these days and have caused a couple ladies on here heartaches.
Feel free to vent anytime and let us know how you are! When is your first hCG draw?

Aiden - hugs <3

I agree with the ladies...my hormones were a mess after MC, took about 3 weeks to feel like my almost normal self again (a new normal, with a bit of a cloud of grief and sadness over me, but physically and hormonally I felt more settled).

Mom15 is right about OPKs. I forgot to mention those, but I started testing with them two weeks after my D&C and I had several positives throughout those weeks leading up to AF. In retrospect I don't think I ovulated at all, my body was just confused, but they had me thinking maybe I had.

As Mom15 said, definitely start trying right away if it feels right, but be prepared that your body may need some time. We started trying again immediately, but looked at that time between D&C and first AF as a bonus round. If it happened, great, but I wasn't expecting much. To be honest I felt a huge wave of relief when AF finally arrived. I felt like I could actually start fresh again knowing what was going on with my body.

Aidensxmomma, I'm so sorry for your loss. :( I'll just say ditto to what the other ladies have said. I tried right away, but didn't get pregnant until the third month. On month one and two, I had a lot of unexplained cramping during my luteal phases, so I think, my body was still healing. I hope it happens as soon as possible for you. :hugs:

I wonder if that’s what’s happening for me with my recent cramping? Could have sworn af was coming yesterday, but she’s not due til the 1st. Felt just like af cramps! I hope not. I had a ton of random cramping last cycle but felt different yesterday.

Alligator, I had some implantation cramping so it could go either way!

So frustrating that you can’t reallt trust signs especially after mc.

Also had watery Cm today? Then it’s back to lotiony/white/creamy/sticky tonight. Bodies are weird

Karoolia and Mom15,
So happy for both of your scans!
I am just waiting for AF.
Baby dust to all!!!
Xoxo

Alligator, I had plenty of cramping around implantation with this pregnancy, but it started earlier that time, like around 7 or 8 dpo, whereas in the two previous cycles, the cramping went from like 10dpo to 14 dpo. So it was different.

I had some very distinct little stabbing pains at about 5pm on 7dpo while walking to the grocery store with DH and DS and I want to believe that it was then when the bean snuggled in. Kind of cool that my whole family was there and I even pointed it out to DH and said I think the baby is implanting. 8 dpo less than half a cup of caffeine made me feel shaky for hours and I felt off for the rest of the day. Not sure why I am thinking about this now...oh the cramps you ladies were talking about. Those pains at 7 dpo were the only pain I have experienced so far. I don’t know were this story is going, but I have my fingers crossed for all of you still waiting for your bfp.
Alli I’m hoping with all my heart this is it for you and you will see that beautiful line in the next few days!

Elmum - hope you are doing ok?

Spiffy - how is your pregnancy going? What is your scan date again?

Rics - any scans coming up!

Karoolia - I am staying team yellow too, but it’s me not DH who wants it that way. Hihi.

Ladyapril - hope you are doing alright and your bfp won’t make you wait much longer!

Aidens - thinking of you!!

Thank you everyone :flower:

I do know it will probably take some time for my hormones to go back to normal and that it will probably take a couple cycles to actually conceive again. Obviously, I'd be great to get pregnant the first or second cycle and that's what I'm hoping for, but I am definitely not expecting it. :)

I think my first blood draw will be next week on the 31st when I go to my ultrasound/appointment. My doctor wasn't sure on that because it is dependent on how the ultrasound goes and if I'll need a D&C or not. So it's all kind of up in the air :shrug: I took an ovulation test today because I was curious...I was taking them like once a week while pregnant to see what happened since I had always heard that OPKs could pick up HCG and I like to gather information :haha: The last OPK I took was right around the 9 week mark and so darkly positive that the test line leeched color from the control line. I took one tonight around the same time I took all the other ones and it was negative. I know I can't really put that much stock in an OPK, but it seems to confirm that at least the hormone levels are dropping. It brings me a little relief. But hopefully I'll find out for sure next week.

ETA - I meant to add more but DS2 decided that being held is the only way to sleep tonight so catching up and typing is a bit of a challenge. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->