Looking for TTC buddies

Yes our next scan is in the 9th Nov!! Can't wait!!! We're having a gender scan on the 9th Dec too we like to no so I can be prepared and dh has no patience lol. X

Rics I'm jealous your'll find out! I know I don't *need* to know, but I'm so curious. DH better enjoy that surprise at the end!

aidensxmomma - you have a great attitude! I hope you get your rainbow as quickly as possible.

I really wouldn't trust OPKs for a while. Mine went from negative to positive a few times after my mc. Could have been my body trying to ovulate and failing though. I have never used one while pregnant, interesting that they were still dark! I guess that confirms that they pick up HCG!

Elmum - do you have any updates?

Mom15 - convince me that team yellow is the way to be! I agreed to go along with what DH wanted, but I just don't get it. I feel like the surprise would be just as good now.

My scan isn't until Nov 13th, when I'll be exactly 9 weeks. Still seems so far away! I think it will feel closer once we get into November.

We'll be finding out the gender. DH and I are really hoping for another girl this time, so we want to be prepared if it's going to be another boy (we also want to be able to ease our daughter into the idea of yet another brother!)

I'd love to be able to get an early gender scan and then announce our pregnancy AND the gender on Christmas, but I'm afraid I'll be showing so much that it will just be obvious. :dohh:

I hope you get your girl Spiffy! I bet your daughter would love a little sister after all those brothers!

Can't wait for all your scans ladies!

I caved and tested 9dpo today on frer (it was all I had, thought I had cheapies but I think when I was telling DH to clean the house and toss a bunch of old wrappers I had kept to recycle, that he tossed the tests too...not his fault, I probably wasn't clear!)...bfn :(

I know its early and I'm not out but I don't feel super confident anymore. Trying to prepare myself for AF to arrive.

Alligator, I'm sorry about the BFN. :( I know how discouraging they can be. But as you said, you still have time. With baby #4, I didn't even get a squinter until 10 dpo. I totally thought I was out, since I usually get positives before then. :hugs:

That is good to know thank you spiffy!

Also here are my chart overlays for 3 months...I usually see a temp drop 9dpo and got a slight rise today...it could just be a weird body thing but trying to be hopeful

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 2
Karoolia - here is me trying to convince you :). For me I had so many scans with DS. I think I have mentioned it before but his left arm is underdeveloped. We saw that at my 19week scan. With so many scans I felt like I know every bone in his body and so I wanted to save up one little (big) surprise for the end. I have never been one to want to know what I get for Christmas etc. to me that just ruins a good surprise. There is so much technology today and it’s amazing we can see every detail before baby is even born. To me it is just a magical moment when my baby is born and I find out right then and there. I am also not a big fan of all things pink/blue, so not knowing prevented a lot of outfits from relatives. Which I think another point of not finding out early is to protect myself. For example with my mc I am so glad that I will never know what the gender was as that just makes it so much more real to me.

I definitely agree on the pink and blue stuff. I have been watching my friends just being swamped by either all pink or all blue things. I like variety in my colors, haha! I probably would have kept it a secret if we had found out for that reason.

I also love being surprised when it comes to presents. I hadn't thought about it that way before though. Thanks!

Alligator, in my opinion, anything out of the norm is a good sign! :thumbup:

Karoolia and Ricschick, we tried to wait with my third baby (the tie breaker). I thought it would be such a fun incentive during labor. Unfortunately he flashed us during the ultrasound :dohh: When we found out he was a boy, we felt a little disappointed because secretly we'd been hoping for a girl, so after that, we decided that keeping it a surprise was only a good idea if we were truly impartial about the gender. (Believe me, I wish I was, but I grew up as the only girl in a house of boys, so I'm desperate for by daughter to have a sister).

Thanks spiffy! I think so too but I think my body is weird after the mc and I can’t trust any signs anymore it seems!

I definitely understand that spiffy! I am completely impartial now because it is our first, but if I had several boys or several girls I know I would be hoping for the opposite of whatever we already had.

Alligator, I agree that anything out of the norm is a good thing! I'm hoping your body has gotten back to normal and this is a sign of a soon to be bfp! That said, this process has taught me that signs don't always mean much. So I'll just keep my fingers crossed for you no matter what!

Thanks karoolia. I agree. I feel like with my pregnancy I had so many signs that were so unusual for me that I just knew. Since then, in the two post ovulation periods I’ve had many of those same signs and gotten my period, as well as random cramping, and other things I’ve never felt. It’s another terrible thing that results from mc, inability to trust your own body!

"inability to trust your own body" - this is so true. This is what has made this pregnancy difficult for me. I would worry and people would ask if I had had any bleeding or cramping, when I said no, they would tell me to just relax, clearly nothing was wrong. After a missed miscarriage though it wasn't easy. I'm getting better as I get further along, but it was a tough mind game.

It’s so hard! Everyone told me being sick was such a good sign.. well, it wasn’t for me. I was nauseous for a week after we found out about the loss. I feel like I can’t trust anything anymore!

In other news.., if you check my journal.... (alligator tries for a rainbow) I think I got a faint positive. Yesterday was clearly negative. Today.. there’s something there!

Oh Alli! Can’t wait for tomorrow or sneak an afternoon test in?!?

I’ll prpbably test tonight before bed because I have no self control!!!

Trying to be cautious as I know with FRER that faint that IC probably won’t pick it up. If I see a stronger like on FRER or a line on an ic I’ll know it’s real! Yesterday was clear BFP and no hint of a line at all so that gives me hope!

Alligator, I totally see the line on your second test! (I could only see it on the tweaked version of your morning test). And I'm betting it looks darker/clearer in person. I think this might be it! Eeeek! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->