Looking for TTC buddies

Girls I'm team pink!!! 💗💗

Yay Rics!!! Did you guys sway for a girl? We are hoping to be on team pink next time also...but a healthy bebe is obviously our top priority. Xoxo

Oh man, this just never gets easier! I had a moment of total panic tonight, worrying that I'd go to my gender ultrasound next week and get bad news...even though I saw a healthy baby at 9 weeks. Thankfully, I pulled out the doppler and found the heartbeat right away. I never would have freaked out like that with my other pregnancies!

Spiffy I am the same! The back of my mind the worry is there that something will be wrong at my 12w scan. I heard a heartbeat at 8+1, but that worry never leaves!! I’ll be just as much of a wreck going into that ultrasound as the last one I think.

I have a Doppler and tried yesterday but couldn’t find anything. Not really worried as I’m early and really have no idea where I’m looking or what I’m doing but I do wish I could hear baby!

Spiffy, I felt the same for a long time. I went the ER at 7 weeks and baby was fine with a great heartbeat, but I was still a nervous wreck when I went for my first official scan at 11 weeks.

Alli - you are early for a doppler, but if you look hard enough and long enough (and have a decent doppler) you'll probably be able to find it eventually. Don't look if not finding it will worry you though. My husband was able to find our baby's heartbeat at 9 weeks, but he has literally been trained by OB docs on what to do. And it still took him a few minutes of searching.

By the way, is anyone coming up on testing soon? It would be great to get some Christmas BFPs in this group!

I usually try for like 10 mins max and give up and don’t know if I’m looking in the right place or pressing hard enough! It’s a sonoline b, borrowed from my friend! I might wait a couple days and try again. Many women hear it this early, others say they try daily and don’t til 12w. Everyone is different!

Alli, if you're placenta is right in the front that can make it harder to hear the heartbeat, too, since the placenta is so loud. I usually angle the doppler probe downward, towards my pelvis, to start, and then just slightly angle it all directions in that one spot, and if i don't hear anything, I move to a new spot and do the same thing. I found it at 8+4 weeks by doing that, but that's earlier than most people can find it.

I think that is the doppler I have. We had a really hard time finding it with that doppler until later (like maybe 12-13 weeks I think?). DH used to borrow the one his clinic uses during those early weeks (a clinical grade doppler). Ya, I wouldn't worry about it. Sometime in the next few weeks you should be able to find it.

I think I have found my placenta, it’s a whooshing sound? Anyway, not getting too worried about it but hope to hear it soon!

Alli - my doc could not find it at 12weeks. But I have a 3 inch fibroid we are honk was in the way. He tried forever. And Spiffy, I have my next appointment in two weeks and it’s been about two weeks since my last. This pregnancy I feel confident for about two weeks after seeing my junebug doing well and then I slowly start to question everything. For the last three days I had super light brown when I wipe. But only about two to three times a day and believe me I pee a lot more than that. But of course I’m wondering if everything is ok. Wish I could feel baby already, but I know it’s super early.

Happy 10 weeks Ali!! Have you tried watching YouTube videos? Spiffy gave great advice that's how I found mine.
I have an anterior placenta so I'm still not feeling much of baby so my Doppler is a god send!!

Thanks rics! I did look at one or two YouTube videos and i feel like I’m doing the same thing but i have a really small torso I think. So the measurements seem off to me, compared to my own body. Maybe I’ll look again when I’m actually doing the Doppler (I watched a couple ages ago) and that might help!

When I tried to dopple myself early on I tended to look too high up. And yes,I agree about trying a small area and slowly moving around little by little.

Mom15 - I'm sure everything is ok. I have heard that many women have some bleeding when the placenta takes over so a little brown now could be old blood from that. I think it's pretty common for confidence to wane between appointments. Mine always did. It has only been the last 5-6 weeks maybe that I have felt really good. You'll get there.

Thanks Karoolia! I’m sure you are right. And maybe I haven’t gone in because deep down I think everything is fine. Haven’t had anymore spotting since yesterday morning. Two more weeks today till my next appointment and counting the days!

Mom15 I am sure all is well also, spotting is certainly alarming but given the lack of cramping and the light nature I'm sure it's just the uterus growing and stretching. I have my first OB office appointment on Thursday next week but I don't think much will come of it, it's more of a medical history/update appointment. BUT I think they will give me my referral for the NT/12 week scan which I am really excited but also incredibly nervous for...I just want all to be well!

Glad the spotting has stopped Mom15. Yay for first appointment Alli, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I have my investigation appointment for test results from Alexander on Wednesday, glad it's before Xmas and will be happy to be able to make a plan to move forward. My bereavement midwife is awesome, she's arranged to have my gynae notes from the molar and my maternity notes from Amelie be part of the investigation. I developed an infection during her delivery but I didn't know I carried group b strep then.

I still have AF though, 10 days now! They're talking about giving me a scan on Wednesday to check for retained tissue. Ugh.

Loves - you’ve been through so much. I hope you get some answers that will help you through this. Hopefully af settles down. Is this your first AF since losing Alexander? My mmc is not physically comparable to your loss of course, but I did bleed/ spot for a long time. Including the spotting it was about 8 weeks. So frustrating, it’s almost like a physical representation of the wound that hasn’t healed yet. Sending lots of hugs!

Thanks Alli, I feel more relaxed again. Had some round ligament pain today, which while painful seemed like a sign that baby is growing. Excited for your next appointment. Wonder if they will break out the Doppler?

Oh maybe! I’ve never been before (this is the low risk maternity clinic in my area) so we will see! On the Doppler front I think I found babe on my home Doppler yesterday! For a hot second then then he swam away!! I had never heard that sound before and it was fast, ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum. Faster than my own HB and not the whooshing sound of the placenta. Yay! I want to find it again for longer but I’m almost sure that was baby, even only for 5 seconds! I didn’t move the probe at all and the sound went away. Yay baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->