Looking for TTC buddies

I was talking to baby (am I the only one who does this?) and going ‘come on buddy just let me hear you even for a little bit! I just want to know you’re okay!’ And like 2 mins later I heard and of course he listened and didn’t let me hear him for long! Poor hubby was sad he missed it. Going to try again today or tomorrow and hopefully video tape it.

Alli, I'm do glad you found baby! :thumbup:

Mom15, I'm glad the spotting stopped. :flower:

Loves, I'm glad you're going to get some answers and a plan for how to move on from here. :hugs:

So I had an OB appointment yesterday, and while checking for the heartbeat, they were unable to find it, so they did an ultrasound. Everything was fine, thank goodness, but I asked the OB to see if she could tell the gender, and she's pretty sure it's a boy. I saw what she saw, and I have to agree, it certainly looked like a boy. I'm a little dissapointed, because I really thought I was finally having another girl, and I know my daughter will be so sad.

Aw spiffy! I’m sure the whole family will get used to the idea of another boy!

I found baby again!! Longer and easier this time! Video taped it this time and showed hubby. Yay! Sounds like a choo choo traIn.

Alli I'm so glad you were able to find baby, I knew you would!

Spiffy, I'm sorry your daughter won't be getting a sister, but I'm sure once everyone has time to think about it another little boy will feel exactly right.

cookies - I'm so glad you have been getting so much support and that you may have some answers soon. There isn't much that can make a situation like yours better, but not having that support can definitely make it much worse. You're midwife sounds wonderful.

Thank you karoolia! I think deep down I knew i would too (I still feel miserable and sick after all lol). Was such a relief and a beautiful sound. I’m sure I’ll check a couple more times before my 12w scan!

Alli, that is such a beautiful sound. I am probably going to listen to it every night (once I'm over 10 weeks) next time around.

Mom15, I'm so happy the spotting has stopped.

Cookies, we lost our little girl just before 18 weeks in mid-August and getting answers was really helpful for me moving forward. Sometimes, I still look at the report, because it makes me feel close to my daughter. Reading about her - 10 fingers, 10 toes, etc. Our daughter didn't have any chromosomal abnormalities, but she did experience Fetal Maternal Hemorrhage and that was determined to be (just a completely random) cause of death that no one could have predicted or treated at that point in her gestation. Although, it is treatable and I will be checked for it regularly next time around. Anyway, I will be thinking of you on Wednesday.

Spiffy, we have 3 boys and 1 girl. Especially after losing their baby sister, they all have their hearts set on a girl. However, I am going to do my best to get everyone excited no matter what sex the baby is...just want a baby to bring home from the hospital.

I am in my TWW now. FF says I am 7 DPO, although, I think I am 5 DPO. I'm really hopeful for a BFP on Christmas. fx fx fx

much love all around, ladies!

I have my fx for elmum. A BFP would be the best present ever!

And thanks, luckily no more spotting. I had it the same week I had a cold. I wondered if it some how was related.

Mom15 you're officially second tri! I never know when it starts...13 w? 14?? Either way...yay!

Thanks, ladies. I just grew up with no mom and no sisters, so I always wanted a house full of girls, but I guess I'm just destined to be surrounded by boys. :dohh:

Elmum, I'm praying for a Christmas BFP for you!!!

Aw spiffy! Those boys must need you for their mama! I grew up with 2 sisters and my poor dad was out numbered strongly. My mom thinks I'm having a girl but I think boy. Poor mom has no idea what to do with little boys lol. I think my dad would be thrilled to have a little man in the family.

My acupuncturist last night took my pulse and said she strongly suspects I'm having a boy...which is exactly what I think!

Alli what was your acupuncturist's reason for thinking boy based on pulse? I haven't heard that one before.

I have no idea it was right after she had put the needles in, I was on my side and I swear half asleep already (haha I had been looking forward to laying down all day). She felt for my pulse on both wrists and must have done some sort of comparison because she said it was 'strongly' boy. I will have to ask her next time.

Hello All,
I, too, just had a miscarriage 4 weeks ago. I'm sorry we are all in this boat but I'm happy we at least have company.
I think I'm grabbing at straws here but here it goes...any feedback is welcome.
I miscarried November 25th at 6 weeks. I bled for 3 weeks and it stopped the day I had the ultrasound when the doctor said it looked like everything was out and it also looked like my follicle was about to release an egg. We had sex that day and the bleeding stopped (I think right when I ovulated the hormone switch that takes place ended the bleeding). Anyway, at 7dpo I started to bleed again and have been on and off bleeding just like a period. I never bleed before AF but then again I haven't had a cycle after a miscarriage either. My wondfro is showing a very, very, very light positive (I'm 11dpo today) but I am thinking it is probably still leftover from the miscarriage (which was exactly 4 weeks ago today). I would be hopeful except pregnancy doesn't come easy to me and the bleeding was definitely the kind of bleeding that occurs when you have AF. Anyway, anyone have experience with the cycle after a miscarriage they want to share? Or experience with hcg tests after a 6 weeks loss? Thanks in advance!

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy.

To answer your question, I was still getting positive tests 4 weeks after my D&C. Baby stopped growing two weeks before that. A week later AF arrived. I don't think I ovulated that cycle so I was pretty confident I wasn't pregnant again, but we were trying so I was somewhat hopeful. I did conceive that next cycle though so it can happen quickly and some women do conceive immediately so it isn't out of the question for you, but I know several of us on here had positive tests several weeks after of miscarriages and it was leftover HCG. All you can really do is wait and test again to see if your tests get stronger or fade to negative (although fair warning, my tests actually fluctuated for a little while). I don't want to sound pessimistic, I truly hope you are pregnant with your rainbow, but I also don't want you feeling extra disappointed if you can avoid it.

Vivi, I'm sorry for your loss. :( My experience was similar to Karoolia. I had positive tests for 4 weeks after my loss, and I had tests that got darker and then lighter again right before they went negative. In my case, it took 3 months to fall pregnant, though.

Hey Vivi - I’m so sorry for your loss! I can only repeat what the other ladies have said. It took 7 weeks for my hCG to be below 5. I was further along than you so hopefully it will be faster for you, but I think most of us had “periods” before we O’ed. I Oed the first time 8 weeks after I mc’ed. Keep us posted! And hopefully you will conceive your rainbow soon.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hi Vivi, I've had 2 losses and my tests have been negative by 4 weeks (11+6 but lost baby at 9 weeks) and 5 weeks (19+4). I don't know how long they took to go negative though as I wasn't regularly testing. My AF has returned 28 days later in both cases. The first time I had a scan 4 weeks post and they could see i'd ovulated the cycle immediately post loss. They haven't checked this time, but they think my cycle was anovulatory this time as AF lasted for 2 weeks (apparently not ovulating skews AF).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->