Lookking for a weaning buddy (April baby)

I've never had any problems with them. They break up quite easily. I give sticks of cheese as it's easier for her to hold but she has grated sometimes as well as its good for her pincer grip.

Today she mugged a baby twice her size for his malted milk biscuit then sat and ate it triumphantly!

Oh wow! Clearly your little girl is doing so well!!

I'll offer some breadsticks and cheese then x

Could be teething related citrusfruit, my friend's baby would be fussy when teething. I would just dish up as normal then offer yoghurt and fruit after.

It did make me laugh when she stole the biscuit. She's going to be a little terror. I thought she was following him round to try and play with him.

Perhaps mine is teething as well - he's being a right pain in the back side!! Fussy with food and boob!! Keeps biting - ouch!!

Oh yes the biting! Teething is driving me mad right now. She's being fussy about the left boob at the moment

Urgh it's driving me wild!! He is only eating what he knows, which is a reasonable variety but nowhere near enough. Probably about 3 different dinners and 2/3 different things to put on toast/in a sandwich. He will also eat most fruit well and some veg too, but less enthusiastically.

Just really don't know what to do, feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Don't want to give in, but it's driving me mad trying to think up and prepare all these weird and wonderful things that he then won't eat.

Don't think it's teething or any other problem like that because he eats fine when it's what he wants, and he will happily eat a mixture of spoon and finger foods.

Should I just keep persevering with new things?? Or stick with what he knows for a bit? If I do keep trying new things, what do I do when he doesn't eat them (every day!!!)

It's so tough isn't it?! I would just try and stay calm and carry on doing what you are doing to the best of your ability. That's what I say to myself when things get a bit crazy!

My LO is suffering with a nasty cold at the moment - he's not being himself and actually rather miserable. Our routine is just all over the place at the moment which drives me a little bit mad but I try to stay calm and carry on as normal - offering milk and food.

xx

Sorry citrusfruit I forgot to reply the other day, got distracted by DD trying to eat something she shouldn't. I would keep trying. It's annoying but it's really good to keep exposing them to new foods. Just don't make a big deal or try to cajole, pop it on the tray and leave them to explore.

Hello ladies!! I'm driving myself mad a bit and LO has entered a really picky phase! He's only eating fruit and veg that he knows. He's gone off toast and weetabix....just throws it on the floor and even pancakes today were rejected!! I feel so deflated!

On top of that I'm struggling to establish a routine with him because he's been ill and his sleep is all over the place. And also because of his older sister who is at school who I have to look after as well and I do the school run!! Basically I feel like a crap mum and like I'm letting my baby down :(

I struggle to give him his bedtime breastfeed - he just won't take it :( I do a breastfeed about an hour before dinner (around 4:30) and then it's bath and bed (7:30). But I don't think he is hungry enough for a milk feed then. So shall I replace that feed with a snack with the hope that he will take his bedtime milk feed? But I'm worried about cutting out too many milk feeds as they are still important to him. Or maybe I can offer yoghurt after dinner to replace bedtime feed? We get both children ready and fed at the same time as that's easier for. I can't possibly cater for everyone individually. That would drive me mad!!

Sorry to be going on and on about this - I just feel so frustrated! Having two kids is just so much harder than I ever imagined!! I'm trying to make the baby fit in with our daily routine but it doesn't seem to fit with his needs and I just feel so guilty!

You're not a crap mum! Babies routines go to pot when they're ill. Mine's the same at the moment. She's cut her morning feed and the other day she went from 4.30am until 10.30am without a feed. I would stick in a yoghurt after dinner just to ease your mind and feed on demand as you are.

You're right about it being tough with two and the school run interfering with feeding routines, roll on half term!

Thanks Button# for your kind words. it's nice to have some support!

I'm offering boob 4 times a day but it's only the early morning one that he really seems interested in. The mid morning and mid afternoon he doesn't seems to be bothered at all and the bedtime feed is a battle....I try to force it but he takes very little. He's a great eater and doesn't seem very interested in milk.

I'm thinking of maybe just cutting down to one breastfeed a day and offering milk in a cup at snack time instead but will my supply be ok. I worry my milk will dry up on one feed a day. I don't plan to breastfeed after he turns 1. I'm going to switch to cows milk. Maybe keep the morning feed if he really wants to.

But he doesn't drink very well from a cup yet. So that's a problem.

On another note. What do you do regarding sauces that contain milk? Like if I make my own macaroni cheese I tend to use semi skimmed milk. But I know that's no good for baby? I don't intend to use whole milk for food which the rest of the family eats. Too fatty.

I use whole milk for all of us as I read it was better for you, it contains more vitamins.

Have you tried cutting down to three feeds? Maybe he's just ready to drop a feed.

Hi Button# how are you? It's been a while since I last posted - it's been hectic! How's weaning going? Since I cut down to 3 feeds my boy has been feeding better and bow definitely showing signs of cutting down to 2 feeds a day but u still offer an afternoon feed which he rarely takes! Food wise were stuck with the same foods - not had the energy to try anything new. Been offering cows milk in a cup but he won't have any of it :( and no interest in using cutlery either x

It's been hectic here too, we've had nearly every bug going I think. I haven't tried many new foods either, same reason as you, too tired. I haven't tried cows milk in a cup yet and I've not tried cutlery either, still doing preloaded spoons of yoghurt.

My DD is starting to cut out night feeds, she actually slept through until 5.15 the night before last. I'm also planning to start weaning her off the breast after her birthday. Remember you need to offer something several times before they'll try it sometimes, I think I've read it can take 10 times of offering, so keep going with the cows milk.

Congratulations on the good sleep. How many times does she nurse during the day? I'm planning to wean off the breast after his first birthday as well - although I feel ready to stop now and he doesn't seem too interested either....loves his food! I worry his intake of dairy is too low so would like him to take milk in s cup but he just won't do it! Got to keep trying x

She feeds 5 times a day, including her 5am ish one which I suppose is technically still a night feed and her bedtime feed. Luckily her brother has milk for a drink still so she generally wants whatever he's got!

Hello how are things?

I've gone back to work this week so everything has been manic!

Is your baby 1 yet? My turns 1 on Saturday. Can't believe it!!! Any signs of weaning off the breast? I'm very keen but little one still wants to feed morning and night time. Only for a couple of minutes though which makes me wonder if he really needs it!

Hiya, yes mine was one last Friday. Can't believe how fast it's gone!

I've introduced cows milk and she's dropping feeds pretty quickly. We've lost the mid morning and mid afternoon one and a night feed and we're down to one about 5ish and a bedtime one. I'm pushing it a bit more than planned as she's started biting again.

How are you getting on with the cows milk? I remember another baby when my son was teeny didn't like cows milk and his mum was advised that it was ok if he had plenty of dairy in other forms such as cheese and yoghurt. Are you planning anything nice for you LOs birthday?

We are having a very small family party in our house in the afternoon.

He has started taking cows milk in a cup but only at snack time. Before bed he still demands the boob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->