A long term weight loss thread

Ladies, I just got some REALLY bad news about a friend of mine. Ive known her for 20+ years. She has 3 little one and was diagnosed with Stage IV Metastatic Breast Cancer. There is no cure. Im literally sitting her heart broken knowing that the survival rate is so dim. 3-5 years at the most. She's 33. Please just pray for her if your religious or send light and love to her. Her name is Kera. Im literally in tears right now. Ive lost 2 family members to cancer and a friend not too long ago. Found out a month before he died. I F@*$%^G HATE CANCER!!!

Cews I'm so sorry. Cancer really sucks. My 35 year old cancer has stage IV brain cancer and isn't expected to live to the end of the year:hugs: i will pray for kara

AFM weighed yesterday instead... 184.2! With my indulging last weekend I'm happy with losing a lb.

I didn't work out last week as I hurt my ankle. I feel like the older I am getting the more I am falling apart! Lol! Instead I spent the whole week deep cleaning my house. I still have a few spots left but Im almost done. Its a lot harder to clean when you have a one year old going behind you messing it all up again! A whole ounce lost! I actually also ate pretty crappy all week too so Im good with my weight.

SW: 185/186
LW:159.5
WN: 158.4

Did you lose a lb or an ounce? In any case still good job. It is better than gaining :)

So last nights dinner was so so so so good! I made chicken tacos with a fresh mango salsa. DH was a little apprehensive about the salsa but he said it was his favorite thing we ate. I will for sure be making that again and plan to have the leftovers for lunch if he doesn't get to them first.

My weigh in this morning was 157.8! So almost a lb down. I didn't really workout much the last few weeks so I really hope it comes off a little easier. I really want to be at 155 and below when I go to my moms in 2 weeks.

aPSzllPVTLWHcnFMt+RFiw.jpg

Fx you make it to 155 in 2 weeks but if not, it'll be fine as I know you will get there. Those tacos look amazing!!

AFM lost nearly 2lbs! I walked twice at work yesterday so that was really nice. I need to take my ear buds so I can listen to music while I walk. My weight might loss might not go so well when I weigh Thursday next week. Splurging during the holiday today. I just hope I maintain.

And... the witch came 5-7 days early (again) and Im SOOO bloated. Weight is up about 2lbs (again) but the good side is that when I go to my moms in 10 days I won't have to deal with being on my period at all!!!!

Hi ladies, I am kind of getting a grip on my brand of crazy so thought i'd stop in and say hello. I'm glad I took a break, cews reading that about your friend would have really freaked me out a few days ago. That is one of my biggest fears and I am SO incredibly sorry that is her reality. My deepest, most sincere sympathy for her and her family and of course for you. Prayers to her, absolutely.

But onto happier things....
Well dobe to both of you on the weight loss! Danf fluek, 2lbs?! Heck yeah!
Cews those tacos look amazing. Tacos with low carb wraps have been one of my go-to meals recently. Especially with defrosted pre cooked shrimp. Easy week night meal.

As for me, silver lining of anxiety/stress is weight loss I guess haha. I haven't focused on weight loss whatsoever, in fact I've been eating whatever I feel like just because if I go on an empty stomach with anxiety, it gets the best of me. Recent indulgences include a big mac, chick fil a , and half baked ice cream (not all in one sitting), and some gummies here and there. And somehow I'm down 164.8 this morning :rofl: which means I'm down 20.4lbs and officially won the bet!

Took some measurements too and I think I'm down 2.5 inches on my waist? I'll have to check.

Hope you all are well!

Im good! I just hate being on my period. It makes me feel like all the hard work I put in was for nothing because of the bloating and the weight gain. I know it will go away but it can be so frustrating at the same time. Hormones I guess. It also sucks because I CRAVE sugar and sweets and its so hard to not just give in and indulge like crazy. Case in point... Yesterday was DH's birthday and I made a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. I seriously just want to dive head first into it and eat the while dang thing and top it off with some chocolate ice cream. Dinner though will be Chicken Caesar Pita so I might indulge in a small slice.

Those taco's were amazing! I will be keeping them in my food rotation. That salsa would be amazing on shrimp tacos too.

As expected Im bloated from the witch and put a little back on. Still below my last weigh-in but barely and it sucks because I was lower. Oh well.... its times like this that its so easy to get discouraged.

SW: 185/186
LW:158.4
WN: 158.2

SO MUCH BLOAT!!!! Seriously though!

Pre workout was 158.3 and post was 156.5. Almost 2lbs and then it was 1.5 inch difference in my waist. I knew I had some serious bloat and water retention. Right now after lunch and a glass of water Im at 157.4 which is where I thought I would be when I woke up today. I just need to remember that with the witch comes more weight and bloat. Ugh.... I don't think I will hit 155 before I go to my moms next week unless I drop a lot this week. Thats ok though.

Hope you managed to lose more and get rid of the bloat. I lost 1/2lb

Good job ladies!
I am foing to be on the hunt for a scale. Mine is just not sensitive enough at all.
Omg red velvet cake *drool*
Hubby is now on a health kick (kind of) so maybe we can get back into the swing of things together. Motivation is so hard to find...I could work out during the day, or at least walk, but it's soooo hard to want to go with 3 kids in tow. It's easier to stay home or take the kids to a playground...and they get our more energy.

This is totally off topic but I wish our driveway was paved! Or that paving driveways wasn't so insanely expensive.

Just a little motivation for us... Left side is today (July 12) and Right is from April 4th. Same shirt and MAJOR difference! Its so hard to stay motivated when I don't see the scales move much... Im still at 158 but I see such a huge difference in the pictures. 5 more days until I go to my moms. Im sure I will end up gaining but Im going to try so hard not to! Not sure what kind of scale she has so my weigh-ins might be off...

I don't know how much it cost to pave but Im sure its so expensive!

That red velvet cake was good! I did find a way to make it a little healthier... instead of eggs I use greek yogurt. It makes it so much softer and DH actually prefers it this way now. Ive done 3 cakes and its just fluffier than normal. Not sure I will go back to eggs.

IMG_5301.jpg

Recipe?

Wow, that is a HUGE difference!

Its basically 1/4 a cup of light and fit greek yogurt vanilla (or whatever flavor) per egg! It seriously makes it so fluffy and less calories.

Today was a funk type day so I decided to dye my hair something fun! Im actually LOVING this color!!!!

lR3FM1uhQXmszhgh2QwH1A.jpg

You're making me miss fun hair color! Too much work though. I hate bleaching my hair and the upkeep.

Right now though i can't wait for my short baby hairs to grow back out. My hair feels so thin...it used to be quite thick. Thanks to hormones a good amount fell out after i had ds2, ehen i got pregnant with ds3, and again after having ds3. Very annoying but at least i can see it growing back!

Cews cute hair!

Gigs I know, yet again I didn't dye mine during maternity leave. Glad your hair is growing back, so far I've not had the awful pp hair loss

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->