Losing weight whilst pregnant?

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
So I finally joined the gym last week in the hopes of finally losing my mum tum and toning up.

I had 3 kids in 3 years so it took its toll on my body! I'm not overweight, I'm 5ft 9 11 stone 6 and bmi 23.

Iv now found out I'm pregnant again! I'd like to continue the weight loss if I can but don't know where to start!

Oh thinks I should cancel my gym membership but I want to do it for me!

Any help x

With my first pregnancy (very easy pregnancy) I went to the gym well into my 7th month and I had a healthy baby boy. My doc said that exercise is good for me and the baby and that you should just not have your heart rate go up to high.. so no aerobics classes etc but normal gym, running and cycling is still fine.

If it would make you feel good, there is no reason not to continue.

Wish I had more energy this pregnancy to do that but I just cant get myself to do anything, I am super tired all the time with this baby. Hopefully I can get back into it myself if the 2nd trimester treats me better!

I don't think it is recommended that you lose weight but I'd keep the gym membership as exercise is good for pregnancy, it'll keep you energised and might help tone you up a bit but not lose weight :)

I wouldn't be thinking about loosing weight :) but focus on a healthy balanced diet and keep going to the gym ! Exercise is amazing during pregnancy just listen to your body :) you might find the gym is the last place you want to be in the 1st trimester so just do what you can ! I go 3 times a week but a bit poorly at the moment and really missing it :( I'm looking forward to getting back there xxx

I totally see where you are coming from! I put on a lot of weight with my previous two, and it's taken me a couple of years to lose a lot of fat, and gaining strength from my exercising. I reeeeally don't want to lose the fitness and getting anywhere near where I was a couple of years ago.

So, I am working out, but it's really hard work. I strength train at home, and it is just very hard work because of fatigue, (I am only about 5 weeks in!). And I am going to try and limit unhealthy foods, but continue to eat well.

I found this page, which helped me to think about it https://onefitmom.ca/2011/02/17/pregnancy-myth-2-no-heavy-lifting/

Well Iv done the opposite! Iv been ridiculously tired and hungry allll the time so I havnt managed to get the gym yet! x

Think I'm going to have to rethink my post, just been to my mw appt and my bmi is too high for my liking so going to have to rethink my eat anything and get away with it approach :blush:

Remember it isn't gaining weight, it's baby making. There's a lot of water retention and tissue growth that's going to happen in a healthy pregnancy. I'm starting at a bmi of 27 so I'm really trying to not gain unnecessary weight while realizing there will be weight gain.

I definitely weigh A LOT more than I'm comfortable with, I've put on about 30 lbs since getting married and even then I wasn't at my ideal weight. But, I'm fairly certain you're not supposed to lose weight when you're pregnant. So, I'm thinking (depending on how I feel of course) that I'm going to try my best to eat really healthy and starting exercising (perhaps get things more toned even if I can't loose weight).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->