Love,Patience,& Support-Staying tgther until all preggo! 14BFPs! 2 Twins 4 angels

OMFG Louise!! You did it!! Congrads hun!! amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy and healthy nine month hun!! WHOOHOOOO Im off to update FIrst PAGE!! ;)

Cil Soo cute and I loved loved loved the annnouncement!

BBA ver cute bump, but i ll say like u def shows more when your laying down. Crazy. ;) but very cute

Kat You can just post them here, if others are going in, then just upload it on our photobucket account and then post here. It will be for us only. ;)

Thanks for the kind words and the update Sal!

I seem to be develping a horrid cold :(

Awh sorry to hear that! eat lots of fruit and tea.. maybe it will pass? hope so!!

We told our whole family this weekend. And announced it on facebook. Now it's really real... lol. MS is back, but hopefully it will pass these days. We decided not to do the test for downs. I guess i'd rather not know... I'd probably stress out too much if the outcome shows a possibility.. Did you girls do the test? we were offered one.

Yep I tested, I think I would rather be prepared early, the outcome wouldn't change anything though. I would say get it just because the scan itself is amazing !!! its the only time you get to see its whole body bouncing around its super cute !

I wanted one but didn't get one, and when I went at 13 weeks, it was too late by than, so now I guess I will have to wait til 20 weeks. They do an anatomy scan than, so they will be able to screen than too.

We opted out of first trimester screening.

The "test" doesn't give you a for sure - only an increased or decreased risk for your age.

So, basically I thought...well what if it gives us a 1 in 10 chance? Then I freak out the entire pregnancy only to probably discover the baby is perfectly fine (I mean really - those aren't odds I want to play, 90% chance baby is fine, but I get to stress for 7 months anyway because my normal risk is 1 in 3500).

It just wasn't worth the stress to me, since it really doesn't give any semblance of a definitive answer.

If it was the only way we would get a 12 weeks scan, I probably would've done it, though...just to see baby again. :) However, our Ob wanted a dating & growth ultrasound done around then anyway.

We did the test and to be honest if it came back high risk I would also have the amnio.
It's really a personal choice and I don't know what I would do if amnio came up positive (it tests for more then downs) but I would at least want to be aware and prepared as much as possible.

In NZ they also do a blood test now as well which is meant to be far more accurate, there was a bit of controversy surrounding it as people thought that with more accurate results people were more likely to terminate if their risk was high. My risk ratio came back at 1:7000 where as before with just the scan it would have been something like 1:1400. Do they do the blood test where you ladies are from as well ?

They have started doing 2 blood tests here. Not sure why or what the differance is.
They do one early then one at about 14 weeks. I guess they can use the results of just one but are opting for 2 now, plus the scan.

Hey sal, well you have a WTT buddy on this now. DH and I decided it was best to wait till our finances get better and give me a chance to lose some weight to help the TTC process. We plan to start trying again on our 2nd wedding anniversary next year.

Oh forgot as well here is my belly pic

https://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab304/DilworthPhotos/13weeks.jpg

Yum, im soo sorry hun you are waiting. I know only to well how that hurts. BUT now we can wait TOGETHER :) AND loose some weight toegther (i see we are both aiming for that. And before you know it Your time will come!!!!

Mrska, what a very obvious and lovely belly you got going there!! xxx

MrsKA - Yah they do the blood test (called quad screen or triple screen depending which hormones they use) here in conjunction with the nuchal translucency scan. It looks at levels of hCG, Estriol, AFP and Inhibin A in the blood and calculates a ratio along with the NT scan. It estimates risk of Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome), Trisomy 18 and 13...but can also pick up a few other things (most of which are obvious on ultrasound - abdominal wall problems and neural tube problems).

I think if you're willing to do an amnio for a high risk outcome and are considering other options if the baby is diagnosed with a trisomy then it could be worth it, I personally wasn't going to get an amnio (um, OUCH...and a tiny risk of miscarriage and it wouldn't change our actions in the pregnancy at all) so we just opted out.

It's a very personal decision and there are definitely reasons to go for it (lots of people worked very hard to devise the test - there IS a reason for it), we just had a friend who's ratio came back very high (baby was normal) and I didn't want to go through that stress. :)

CUTE bump!!!! It looks like a baby bump - wish mine would look like a bump and not just like I was getting chubbier!!

Yum - Sorry to hear that. :( We'll be rooting you on as you work to lose weight and we're definitely counting down the days for you and Sal to get started again (wow that sounds weird - a bunch of strangers on the internet who can't wait for you to start having unprotected sex again...ha.)

AFM: I have an appointment today - interested to see how many weeks I'm measuring! No scan tho. :( Our next one will be August 20th.

bump: my reason is exactly like yours! I couldn't explain like you did, but i agree totally. Didn't want to stress about something or nothing at all. I'm having a big checkup at 13 weeks and again at 20 weeks (due to my condition they check baby more often). So i'm sure i'll know if something is up...

I'm sorry to hear you are WTT Yum.. but we're here for both you and Sal to cheer as you lose weight and get closer to trying again!!

Wow that's a beautiful bump MrsKa!!!! It's so round, love it :) :) Do you feel anything yet?

There Kat i fixed my link in my signature. Should work now to get to my journal

Wow and I thought my belly just looked fat not really obviously pregnant ! well there you go !

Yeah i totally understand not going through the stress of having a high ratio but I wonder if they would do the scan without doing the screening Cil ? maybe you could ask to just have a growth scan or just to have a look anyway ? any chance to get a peek at your baby right ! it's honestly so awesome seeing it kick away and wriggle around.

Hey girls how r u all ???
Yum- so ur waiting to try I hope that when ur not trying u might Concieve good luck.
Mrs ka- that's such a beautiful belly
Everyone else how r u all doing louise has the shock sunk in yet ???

Afm had my hosp app the smorning total fuck up they called the wrong patient so I was worried for nothing. I finally got my reading back from Cherri 22 and she said I'm going to Concieve in August and it's going to be a girl, I hope she is right.
Hubby and i are finally doing our honey moon 11 night cruise on p&o to nz in a mini suite I can't wait to start paying it off so exciting. So got to lose more weight now so I can look pretty on the ship.
Talk soon girls :))

FUN! :) We went to NZ in December - on a plane, not a boat...that woulda been a loonngg boat ride lol - and it was the BEST TRIP EVER!

Of course, living in Australia the scenery probably isn't so drastically different as it is from here. :)

That's great! Have fun! Glad it wasn't you they needed :p

MrsKa: yeh i'll be getting a full scan with 13 weeks so i guess it's kind of the same. They'll check the baby from head to toe.

I also noticed my placenta is where my cervix is, but i guess it can go upwards still. Hope it does.

I'd love to see the scenery in either Australia or NZ... it's gorgeous... Holland is super boring :p

Cil - Placenta position will definitely change! Too early to be worried. :) I kept asking placental location and even at my 12 week scan she said it was too early to be concerned about where they are...guess it matters more around 20 weeks and up? Not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->