Love,Patience,& Support-Staying tgther until all preggo! 14BFPs! 2 Twins 4 angels

Kat, i had 80/56 last time i went. They said it's low, but in pregnancy it gets lower then normal so nothing to worry about. You can just get dizzy when moving too fast. Better low then high they say! :)

Bump: my nose is stuffy atm.... Sometimes i can't even breath and then later, it's back to normal. but i am getting a bit ill i think, so could be that...

Laura: I can def see a nice bump there! Love it! how is lil one handling it? is het excited to get a brother or sister?

Cil - Thank you. I am actually a little worried this maybe a rough transition for Sam. He has gotten really clingy lately and only wants me. He doesn't really understand the whole idea of a new baby coming. When we try and talk to him about being a big brother and that we are going to have a baby he just calls himself baby and wants to be cuddled lol. So I have started trying to call him a big boy everytime he does anything good so he knows its a good thing to be a big boy and that he doesn't need to be the baby but I think there might be some jealousy that we will have to deal with when the baby actually comes.

As silly as it is my biggest fear at the moment is being in the hospital overnight or on christmas. I don't want Sam to associate the new baby with me leaving him or missing christmas, or Hanukkah for that matter (we do both).

Laura your bump looks beautiful !!!

BBA ! OMG YES ! I had it last pregnancy too ! I went to the pharmacy because I can't breathe at night and my sleeping has been terrible and all they could give me is horrible saline nasal rinse. On really bad nights I do take Otrivin (they cant reccommend it during pregnancy as there haven't been enough tests to say that its safe) but I use babies and childrens one so the dose it lower and that helps. The pharmacist said that in reality your body would absorb a very small amount of it so it would be ok.

Kat I had very low blood pressure with my first at the lowest recording in my antenatal book it was 60/40 and that was when I fainting a lot and it was a problem. If it's not effecting you then don't worry too much, I can always tell when my BP is low is because I get dizzy and spacey especially when I stand up. I found that as my pregnancy progressed it went back up to normal.

Cil are you going to have a gender scan and find out what your having ? it'll be soon !!!

AFM we are all settled in to our new house which is good. I got a wee bit of a telling off from my MW for having gained 6kgs/13pounds already ! yikes ! I have been walking now and it really seems to help, it helps my sciatic pain and gives me a lot more energy. The only problem is NZ weather is so unpredictable, the sun can be shining one minute and then it can be pouring down the next so its hard to get out some days for walks.

I have come to terms with the fact that we are having another girl and I am actually really excited ! I am having another scan at 28 weeks so I will get them to recehck as I didnt see girly bits as clearly as I would have liked but i'm sure the sonographer was right anyhow.

How is everyone else going ?

Mrsk - thank you.

On my phone so no proper reply from me until later but just wanted to say I am in the waitin room of my dr waiting to be called for my scan!

Congrats, Laura! So exciting you finally found out!!! Have you started thinking about a name?

I had a really embarrassing incident this morning. I was taking my son to his first day of school (4th grade though), and there was no parking near the school, so we had to park kind of far from the school. I also had my mom with me (but she doesn't speak English and doesn't drive). Long story short, we were walking from the car to school, and I had a breathing attack again. Felt dizzy, weak, nauseous and just horrible. I tried to sit down on my son's supplies box, but didn't feel better. Finally, I just had to lay down right there on the street, on the sidewalk. Sooo embarrasing! My poor mom and son were so scared.
Than, one woman was passing by, with a little girl she was taking to preschool. She stopped and was really insisting we wait for her 10 min and she would be back to drive us to our school. She left, but I was so embarrassed that I got up and attempted to walk again towards the school. However, in just a little bit, I had to sit down again and was close to fainting. Amazingly, the same lady appeared again and wouldn't take no for an answer. She drove us to school, took my son to school with my mom (!) while I laid in her car with the air conditioner on. Then she drove me and my mom to my car! She even offered to drive us home, but I already felt better. I was blown away by her kindness!i wish there were more people out there like her!

Kat that sounds awful and those breathing/dizzy spells sound really scary. I think its great that the lady was so nice. There never seems to be any genuinely nice people around sometimes so its really great to hear that. I hope you are feeling better now.

Congrats Laura !!! Samuel will love having a younger brother to play and grow up with !

Oh dear Kat ! if you think its your low blood pressure contributing my midwife suggested I eat black licorice as a natural way to raise my blood pressure.

Just an FYI on the black licorice: https://www.livestrong.com/article/518232-can-pregnant-women-eat-black-licorice/

ARGH ! ok well my midwife told me it was perfectly safe ?? obviously you don't eat a lot of it but that concerns me.

ARGH ! ok well my midwife told me it was perfectly safe ?? obviously you don't eat a lot of it but that concerns me.

I have no idea! I had just heard on these boards not to and wanted you to know - have never been told in real life to avoid it (or to eat it either one).

I cant stand black liquorice, so I am safe either way on this one lol.

I am here :) Bought the Snoogle pregnancy pillow today, laying on it right now, it's kinda nice. Went to Baby's-R-Us, we got tons of newborn toys, and it was fun.

Hi I have my scan tomorrow!

Went to see Midwife last week and it looks as though I have gestational diabetes again. Will need to do for a further test this week to confirm. Also been referred to a consultant because I had a third degree tear with my previous labour. Need to think about wether I want to have an elective c-section...

Hope everyone is ok?

Things are good here as well - we had our baby shower this weekend (because of interviewing for residency I won't have any for sure free weekends until the babies come, so we had it really early). It was so fun!! :)

23 weeks today! I just can't believe we're already this far along.

Kat - VDAY was a couple days ago, yes?! Yayyy!!!!!!! Celebrate!

Louise - That is no fun!! They already tested you for GD this early? What weeks do they test there? I think here we wait until 24-28 weeks. :shrug:

Awh that sucks Louise! Now what ? You have to take meds? What is GD ?

I know right... Bump...so far along! Goes by so fast.

We haven't bought anything yet for the baby, but our home has been improved. We had a major leak so we had to replace the whole floor and wallpapers. Now we can focus on getting the mini-nursery. We only have one bedroom so it'll have to be in our bedroom. Well we'll try to make the best of it right :)

Cil - Sorry about the leak and having to replace wallpaper and floor, sounds stressful. As for the nursery, we have a two bedroom and while the baby will have space in Sams room we always make a mini-nursery for the baby in our room. Its nice having them close by, espcially in the beginning when you are getting up for feeds all the time anyway.

BBA - Aww glad you had a good baby shower! happy 23 weeks to you, I am 23+1 so right there with ya, really going fast.

Louise - sorry about GD but hope its easily controlled for you. That does seem really early, I haven't even been tested yet, think 26 weeks is standard here but maybe because you had it before?

Kat - glad you had fun shopping!

I haven't done any shopping. I just pulled all the baby clothes I had packed away out to go through and after one box I have a giant pile of clothes lol trying to sort through the smaller sizes first and get them washed and put away properly. Will by the baby a few things of their own but I have a ton of clothes to reuse as I saved everything. DH is picking up a new bed today for Sam so we can get him used to a big boy bed before the baby comes so it doesn't seem like we are kicking him out of his crib for the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->