Love,Patience,& Support-Staying tgther until all preggo! 14BFPs! 2 Twins 4 angels

Louise, sorry to hear about the GD...it really sucks.
I have an appointment tomorrow as well, taking my mom there for the first time. Hoping to get some good scan pics, but not counting on it too much as the machines they use for scanning don't produce good pictures...

All Chicago public schools are on strike starting tomorrow, so the kids are out of school for god know how long, hopefully not long. Thank god I have my mom here now so don't have to miss work, otherwise, I, like many parents, would be screwed. I am trying to save my vacation days for December, as I found out my maternity leave won't be paid at all.

Hope everyone else is well. Sal, haven't heard form you in a while. How are you doing, sweety?

Thanks Kat lol but I don't have an appointment today.

Louise has scan though so good luck!

Scan went really well. Baby looks healthy so far and kept doing little flips so very cute.

We have a general blood test as soon as we tell doc about pregnancy so think I was about 6 weeks when I had them. One of the tests they do is blood sugar and mine was 7.6. If it's over 7 you then get referred for a glucose tolerance test which will confim if you have gestational diabetes. Both pregnancies my first blood tests had blood sugar over 7. Usually I don't think women develop it so early in pregnancy and , like some of you have commented, I think all women are tested for it later in pregnancy. When I had it last time I was able to control it with diet until about 35 weeks and then I took a drug called Metformin to control my blood sugar.

With the 3rd degree tear and the liklihood of having a large baby - as a result of the GD - looks like an elective c-section might be the best option.

Louise - Glad your scan went well. Any pics to share?

I think its good that they do a general blood test early on, I know most women who get GD get it later but doesn't mean it cant develop earlier and be treated sooner. Hope you are able to control with diet for as long as possible again. Have a friend who had to have insulin from 28 weeks on and she just had a beautiful little boy.

C-sections scare me lol but I would probably feel differently if I had previously had a 3rd degree tear and the possibility of a large baby on top of that. All that matters if that you and baby come through great and I am sure a c-section would make that possible. When do you schedule that?

I think Sal may not have internet atm... haven't heard from her on FB either so maybe that's the reason. Hope all is well :(

hey girls, im here. Dont worry im regularily checking up on you all. But for personal reasons, im finding it hard to stick around as much as i was. My edd is coming up, and im having a little bit of a harder time watching the majority of you arrive closer and closer to yours. Again not saying this because i want tocome off selfish, because im happy for each and everyone of you...its just ...hard.
Sending much love to you all xxx

Awh i understand hun.. i'm sorry! you just take your time, and whenever you feel like talking you can do so! We're here for you :) big hug!

Ladies!!!!! so I took a month off of charting, didn't even think about pregnancy. Just thought it wasn't going to happen and focused on other things. Well I got really sick at the end of August with bad stomach pains. Then my breasts and nipples started hurting really really bad. My temperature was up past 98 for well over a week. I just took a RED dye test this morning FMU, and it's POSITIVE!!!!!!:happydance:

https://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/Rayebabe1414/test1-1.jpg
https://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/Rayebabe1414/test2-1.png

Yum OMG!!! Yay that's awesome hunny!!!! So happy for you!

Thanks Laura!! and I loved your bump pics by the way!! also in the picture the test line looks a lot lighter because of my camera but it is darker, it's clear as day!! :happydance:

Oh my goooooooooodnessssssssssssss Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So so so so happy for you xxxxxxx

How you feeling?

Louise, thanks hun!!!!! I'm feeling sick, but I'm also feeling SO happy and excited!!! I made an appointment with the doctors next saturday to confirm it. :D

I can't stop grinning about you and the news of your poppyseed :D

Me too! I came back just to say again how excited I am for you!

Thanks girls!!! :D I can't stop smiling either!! My DH knows because he was home today when I took it, he can't stop smiling at me and he keeps saying "I'm gonna be a daddy" which makes my heart just leap for joy!

Thanks ja!! and holy cow, you are so close to giving birth!!! so excited for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->