Love,Patience,& Support-Staying tgther until all preggo! 14BFPs! 2 Twins 4 angels

And while we are on the subject of names, Oh and I have decided to name our baby. I think actually that i havent given you the update, but they had told us it was a boy. Turns out that they 'mixed my results' with another womans, and my dr was so nice enough to call back a month alter to tell us it was actually a girl.
So we ve decided to choose a flower name and buy a corresponding plant on our edd and cherish it as we would have our daughter. I thought lilly, but oh doesnt seem to be buying it. He likes Margaret (but it was my grandmas name and i feel like im stealing it) Have u any suggestions? Iris, daisy, rose(my other grandmothers name) Ivy (my aunts name) Petunia (not a big fan) lol ?

Sorry girls that I've been MIA, been super busy lately :p

Kat - love the name Madeleine!! it's sooo pretty and she could maybe have a nickname of Maddy or something?

Cil - absolutely adore Raven for you!!

Sal - Lilly is pretty I also like Rose a lot too! or maybe you could do Rosa?

As for me - We've already decided names :)
for a girl we are going to name her Kylene Lynnea
and for a boy we're gonna name him Blayke Alan

Hope JA is doing good. Can't wait for an update.

Sal - I'm terrible with opks but looks pretty dark to me.
Also just to share since names have to be thought of carefully if you are Jewish I will tell you it considered one of the highest honors to name a baby after a loved one who has passed.
I love all those names though (petunia reminds me of Harry potter but still pretty)

Yum, wow, you guys are fast with naming! But great choices!
Now I wanna find out Ja's little girls name and also BBA's twins' names. :)

Sal, I really like Iris out of all the choices. What a wonderful idea you have, and it is indeed so nice of them to tell you of their mistake on the gender, even if a little late.

Hi sorry I've dropped off the planet but I don't have a moment to do anything except work. I cannot wait to get on maternity leave and away from school!

I have my scan tomorrow so will hopefully be finding out gender - any predictions?

Sal, I love flower names and all your options are beautiful. Thinking from a practical point of view Rose would work best if you want it to be a plant you can cherish for many years as rose bushes are very hardy and grow well.

Louise i think Boy! :D Exciting for you. do you hope for a gender or does it not matter ?

Sal: wow love the names. I didn't know it was a girl... Very nice of them to call you back about it. I love Iris and Ivy. Ivy is actually a name on my 'girl list' !! So i really love it. I just love nature inspired names (no wonder i love Raven :p) You could do Iris Margaret or Ivy Margaret. Using Margaret as a second name might give you less of a 'stealing' idea. Which you btw don't have to have because no names can be stolen as it doens't belong to someone! :) Do what feels good for both of you. I do agree with Louise about the Rose bush though!

I want to know news about Ja!!!!

Louise, I think boy!!

I am at the doctors appt now, and the girls are measuring 2 weeks ahead of the game, both around 4 to 4.4lb. And both are head down now. I really have a feeling they will come around 36 weeks, no later.

Maybe that is a nice idea to use two names.

Kat omg your at 30 weeks! you are almost there!!!! Soo insane

And Ja!! we are all waiting impatiently. Hope there were no complications.
(my friend who was due same day, had her c section the 18th and is still in the hospital due to some complications) :( Hope youa re ok darling and your baby is healthy and bouncy! :) xxxx Lots of love to the NEW family!

I was going to goto my journal but clicked here first so hope you ladies don't mind me having a bit of a moan.

About a week ago I started getting this dull pain in my right side (lower rib cage) not bad just figured I slept wrong. It's gradually been getting worse so then thought baby must be kicking me there, I hadn't felt him kick there but figured he could be doing it while I slept.

Anyway now night before last I wasn't feeling well. Just achy and not right, I had no appetite so figured that was the problem so I was snacking and it made no difference. Decided to lay on the couch and cuddle Sam to sleep as it was nice lol and a couple minutes in I was calling DH down from upstairs as I started having chills so bad I couldn't stop shaking, couldn't talk, couldn't even hold a thermometer in my mouth. So DH ran and got me blankets (after pointing out you aren't supposed to do that if u have a fever lol) but I needed to stop the shaking. Anyway after about 15 long minutes the shaking settled down and was able to take temp, it had suddenly jumped to 102.5! I should have gone to the ER then but last time I called the dr about a fever the receptionist made me feel down by saying I probably had the flu and if it comes down with Tylenol it's fine.

So I took Tylenol and it brought it down quickly and I was literally sweating profusely for at least 3 hours and was so hot.
So now this has been going on since, fever goes up (not that high since) take something, comes down/sweatin my butt off.

Now last night I could barely sleep as the pain in my side has now gotten worse. I can't lay on my left side and any position is really uncomfy. So after being in so much pain today I finally called the doctors office and again the receptionist dismisses me so this time I asked to speak to the nurse (my dr isn't in today). She said pain there can be normal but should be fine until I come in tomorrow (my appointment) but if temp goes up that high again to goto the hospital (closely monitoring).
All that made me feel better as I felt she actually listened to me. After I got off the phone (tmi sorry) I had a sudden bout of loose stool and it was yellow! So now I'm wondering if something is wrong with my gallbladder as it looked like bile.
Tomorrow cannot come fast enough!

Sorry for the long post but thanks for listening.

I hope ja updates soon, I wanna see pictures.

Laura, as I was reading your post, I am screaming in my mind - go to the hospital!!!! I am glad you the fever comes down with Tylenol, but whatever, the pain in your side alone is worrisome, so I hope you make it to the doctors tomorrow ok and tell them about EVERYTHING!!! About loose stool too. Take care of yourself, hun.

AFM, also having a little complaint. When I was at the doctor's today, I asked to check my cervical length, and they said they only do it at 20 weeks, and if everything is fine, than they check again only very lat in pregnancy, about 36 weeks or so. I still insisted, and they gave in, but she measured it with just her fingures, not an u/s. Before she did it, she asked me what I was hoping for, and I said anything over 3 cm. So she measured with her fingers (ouch!) and told me it was just under 2 cm. She didn't seem worried at all, but I am!!!! After reading everyone's measurement on this forum, it looks like women are being put on bed rest with such measurements! What should I do? Should I worry, or are there other opinions that 2 cm could be ok??

Kat - thank you for making me feel validated that it is worrisome. I know it's probably dumb but I feel stupid going to the ER if DRs office told me to wait until morning.
DH is home from work and saying if it gets worse throughout the night we are going in. Part of my hesitation is I hate taking Sam to ers where he will catch something.
Appointment is at 10:30 and my doctor always rushes and thinks everything is fine so if he refuses to listen I will head to hospital because I know something isn't right.
Baby seems oblivious, kicking tons. I am always worried they will say its nothing and I will feel like a drama queen lol anyone else get that?

Oh and I don't know anything about cervical link but think its crap that they didn't check properly, not really sure how accurate fingers are but she could irritate it without even knowing if there is an issue!

Oh my gosh, Laura how scary is that!!! Im glad the docs will help you. I really hope youll be all Better soon. Keep us posted!!

Kat, why not with a u/s?? Fingers are so not accurate... But dont you worry, cervix gets shorter and shorter till baby comes. So at 30 weeks its normal that its shorter then before! Thats why the 20th week is so important, if thats too short - there is a chance it might not make it till 30 weeks (it could then be en less then a cm.. i think youre fine! But just in case,you could try to lay a bit more often or longer if you can. Do you have lots of braxton hicks?

Oh my, my phone is flipping... Ill edit my message in a bit. This is just annoying lol. Screws up my entire post.

Laura omg!! im with kat and cil! make sure you tell dr everything. That is worrisome and you are right to feel that way. Take cre of you and your precios cargo ;) My my lady, i hope they get this fixed and STAT!

Kat im not sure about lenths either, but maybe with twins its different..and maybe they only measure at 20 weeks because after the measurement go all wonky and different for every person thats why they dont do it?? I dont know im guessing. But maybe? And my fingers like everyone else said cant be super acurate either...but either way try not to stress too much darling. ;)

AFM im getting annoyed at these damn opk! another dark but not positive 3 yesterday and another this morning. Gosh cant i just ovulate already! :p

cd 15 Heres a link if you wanna see the thread i started to hopefully get some opinions :p

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ovulation-tests/1314925-uhhh-just-turn-pos-already-did-miss.html

Just thought id add i have had really fertile cm since 3 days now like super clear like never had before, pinching in left ovary Uhhh! :p

Update from me. Went to doctors appointment and it was a bust. He didn't seem concerned about pain at all. I expressed my concern about gallbladder because of the yellow stool and he said he didn't understand the connection.

In the end he agreed to order an ultrasound of my gallbladder and ordered a CBC. But told me if I have fever or pain to just goto the ER. I wanted to scream at him that his staff told me I could wait until I saw him!

Anyway so I just left there and went straight to the ER. They are monitoring baby now before checking other problems.

Aww no Laura. Sorry they are being annoying! I really hope they figure it out!

Oh Laura sorry to hear about your problems. It's horrible when medical people won't listen to your or take you seriously.

Kat I know nothing about cervix length but from what you know it sound like you're right to be concerned and wonder if you should be doing things differfently. Is measuring your cervix a standard procedure in the US?

Had my scan today and found our that we are having a girl and we're all very excited! I'm already looking at all the lovely girly clothes!

Also found out that my placenta is low lying and only 15mm away from cervix so have to go back for another scan to check at about 34 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->