Low amniotic fluid :(

Ugh that sucks! Did they check you for leaks? I will get to see tomorrow if mine has remained at a good level....

No they didn't check me. I think they're gonna leave it up to the high risk clinic to determine that. I hope yours stayed up!

Oh ok, my regular OB was the one that checked me even though I've been seeing the high risk doctor since the beginning.

Thanks, I hope they figure it out and get you straight. I dunno if you're like me but I have 4 32 oz water bottles that I drink and once they are empty I go fill them up again... I swear I drink more water now than I ever did my whole life... lol. I can't wait for this to be over. :(

The hospital actually gave me a 32oz cup and said to drink 3 a day. I've been drinking 4 or 5 though. I take that thing everywhere with me like it's my child and don't let anyone else drink from it so I can accurately monitor how much water I drink each day. I want a diet coke so bad! Lol

As far as being checked for a leak, nope. The only person who asked about it was the ultrasound tech. My ob just asked me if I've been leaking or had any gushes and I said no. But how do I know if I'm leaking? Wet panties? Well Yeah, but I'm peeing every 10 minutes so I can't accurately say if it's fluid or per. Ugh.

Right exactly... I umm "leak" pee when I sneeze or stretch hehe... TMI I also sweat a lot - so I wouldn't really know either unless it was running down my leg. But my OB was doing that test on me for some sort of bacteria in the vagina anyways so she just decided to go up and look inside and make sure she didn't see anything leaking.

3 32oz a day? That's it??? I must be drinking at least 200 oz or more of water a day... LOL.

Yeah so I've been upping 4 or 5 32oz drinks a day. I wish they would have checked me. When they call to tell me when my appt is (hopefully this week) I'll ask the dr about it. I'm grateful it hasn't fallen to 5 yet, but 7 is not that far away and I don't want it to. I haven't received a dr note saying take it easy yet so I still have to go to work and be on my feet all day. Its a pretty physical job which I'm sure isn't helping the situation.

Ah, yea being up like that maybe isn't helping. I really do hope they get to the bottom of it! I know how frustrating it is. If the doctor did want you to stay home, would your company make you start your maternity leave early?

On the plus side for me, mine was all the way up to 16 today. My doctor told me today she didn't really believe the 5 number from before... maybe yours is just a baby position thing or something? Maybe he drank a lot of your fluid before getting the pictures? :D

Good luck and keep those fluids flowing...I would say since you're on your feet all day I would drink up even more.

Well in glad yours have stayed up! Yay!

I have my appt tomorrow at 4:30. They didn't give me fluids this time so they're probably my waiting to see if it had an affect.

As far as my job goes they can suck it. I don't plan on coming back here anyways so eff em. I still haven't received any leave paperwork from them though and I'm not going to ask either. Not my problem. I'm trying to up the water it's just hard. I've mentioned moving to a different department but I get shut out. If the dr says rest I'd be more than willing to no come back here. Not that I hate my coworkers, but can't stand the owners and management. There's so much wrong here.

Yesterday my boss asked me how my appt went and I said not too well. "Well then why are you here?" was the response I got and she asked if they told me I could come back to work. I said yes So she in turn said "then everything is fine". She knows my situation and I can't stand how she doesn't give two shits about anyone but herself. Sorry. Rant over.

I've been stalking his thread mod! But I wanted to pipe up and say that at your appointment tomorrow I would definitely ask your dr about work! I've found that sometimes Drs won't mention things until you ask them. He may say that it's uo to you too! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

Good call on the work question. I've been thinking if questions to ask them today but work never crossed my mind. I'm preparing to go in and them see 13cm of fluid again for my Dr to say it's low again. But tomorrow we will see!

Oh mod. It is really disturbing. I am going for my check again this saturday. I am pretty early still. So low fluid means an ordeal. I too sweat a lot and pee all the time due to extra water intake. I have been told to take rest. So better to ask your Doctor. Take care.

Thank you ttcmoon. I hope your check on Saturday poses a positive outcome. I'm hoping they tell me to rest. If anything for a week at least. But who knows. Keep us posted on how your visit goes. I'll post tonight after my appt with an update.

Doesn't it suck trying for so long for this for them to tell you something like this is wrong? Its frustrating for sure. I just want her born healthy and big enough for me to take home.

Yes. Being induced and then a baby in NICU sounds so scary. Do update us after your scan. Are they checking your blood flow in placenta using doppler? My OB thinks I have Placenta issues. God knows what!
Also, one of the junior doctors in L&D said with low amniotic fluid chances are high for the baby to get distressed. So kick count is important. The thought of my baby being in distress freaks me out. He said there could be growth issues as well. But apparently there is no proven treatment available for increasing it.
I will be 28 weeks tomorrow. It is pretty stressful. Are you visiting OB weekly?

Yeah I've been going weekly because of the fluid issue. They're not checking with a Doppler just giving me scans each time. They've hooked me up to monitors twice for low movement, but she's been moving good lately so haven't had that in about two weeks now. My drs told me 7 is ok for now, but if it gets down to 5 they will take action. Praying everything,g goes good today.

So it's back up and at 15cm now. I hate this going back and forth stuff. The dr yesterday told me that the fluid needs to be measured fast since if baby moves into empty pockets of fluid it can cause different readings. She basically said the fluid was at a perfect level and that my ob needs to stop doing scans lol. I'm so relieved everything is ok...again! If I go in in two weeks and they say it's low again I'm not going back to the high risk clinic. Not letting them send me back there since everything is obviously alright. Maybe she just spreads out for my ob to to get her feathers ruffled. Lol I dunno. But she was really active and all looked good.

I hope your scan tomorrow yields a positive outcome as well!

Wow great. 15 is really superb.
Yeah I am so worried for the scan. Hope I too get some good news!

My OB is not available today. So next week.

When your fluid level is low, are the baby movements more painful?

Well that sucks. I'm not sure on the movements. WHen my fluid was actually low she stopped moving for the most part. Was there no other ob available to see you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->