Low amniotic fluid :(

Yea when I had that "5" reading (which my doctors aren't sure was a real accurate number at this point) I didn't feel the baby as much as I do now with my numbers above 10. I noticed the more I drank the more the little buggar moves around.

I went for scan on monday. Afi was 10. Not so good but ok as of now. Again will be going in 2 weeks.
So much of stress. Hope it goes higher so I can carry to term.

10 is still good! Better than what it could be and still cconsidered "normal" so as of right now I'd say you're good. The high risk clinic told me normal is anywhere from 5-25, and the reason for the large gap is because baby will always be taking up different amounts depending on position. They took readings one minute apart for me to demonstrate. 15 was the first reading and 9 was the second, but we went with the 15 because we knew it was possible. They told me 5 is the "take action" number, and you're still double that!

I hope it remains here. Good thing is the baby changed her position from breech to cephalic!

Well I don't know the gender yet. Revealing gender is illegal in our country. But I just call the baby she...
Don't be surprised if she turns to he once I deliver. Lol

Wow I never knew that. Why is it illegal?

Just wanted to update: I had another appt today and they did another scan. The first reading she took was 6cm, but did it again and was able to measure 10cm. I'm starting weekly appts now and will have scans every week till she's born to monitor the fluid level. It's crazy how I've only had one appt that didn't have a scan. I'm very lucky to be able to see her so much, but now I worry that the dr has called for weekly scans from now till birth. I understand it's a precautionary thing, and am thankful they are keeping an eye on it, just hard to not worry. At this point if it gets down to 5cm they will give me steroid shots and go ahead and take her. Hoping to make it to 36-37 weeks if it comes to that.

:growlmad:
Just wanted to update: I had another appt today and they did another scan. The first reading she took was 6cm, but did it again and was able to measure 10cm. I'm starting weekly appts now and will have scans every week till she's born to monitor the fluid level. It's crazy how I've only had one appt that didn't have a scan. I'm very lucky to be able to see her so much, but now I worry that the dr has called for weekly scans from now till birth. I understand it's a precautionary thing, and am thankful they are keeping an eye on it, just hard to not worry. At this point if it gets down to 5cm they will give me steroid shots and go ahead and take her. Hoping to make it to 36-37 weeks if it comes to that.

Almost there momma! Hope baby cooks for longer. I got precautionary steroid shots as I have a few additional problems as well.
I have scan on Saturday. Worried about the fluid level again. Fingers crossed. I will be 30 weeks tomorrow.

Yay for level 10. AFI levels vary a lot I guess. All will be great!

Wow that's crazy about the gender preference. I didn't realize that was still an issue places... Sheltered, I know!

Yes, 10 is good, and my best reading from my regular ob office yet, so I was definitely happy with it, but doc wasn't as impressed I guess. Hopefully it stays around there till birth, but at this point I know she's in safe hands regardless of what comes of the situation. I'm confident I'll be able to carry her to term, but we will see.

Has any new news happened with you?

Nothing new as of now. Just the steroid shots which I got on Monday. I will know more about the baby after scqn on Saturday.
I go into panic mode about movements all the time. I feel guilty about so many complications I have. But still reaching 30 would be a milestone! I wish to keep her inside at least till 37 though.

Little update: I went for scan yesterday. My levels are down again 8.8 :(
I need to go for scan in 10 days. Dealing with this is scary. Come 34 weeks!

Oh no I'm so sorry :( it sucks you have so much going on in your pregnancy. Is there a good chance they'll take her at 34 weeks?

Oh no I'm so sorry :( it sucks you have so much going on in your pregnancy. Is there a good chance they'll take her at 34 weeks?

We will definitely hope to make to full term. But as drinking so much water not helping, I am wondering what I can do now. Doctor said not to worry and keep doing kick counts 3 times a day. But that is pretty stressful too.

I am just 30 weeks and dealing with this fluid issie for 5 weeks now. So not sure how long we can drag it! 34 weeks has less chances of complications but premature birth issues would still be there. Just hope the baby keeps growing. Taking her out due to fluid issue sounds so scary.
I got IV once. Probably they will consider it again. Keeping fingers crossed.

For you only 7 weeks left. Yay!!!

I was actually told to keep my water intake around 100oz per day, whereas if you drink too much it can increase the rate at which it gets filtered out and thus make it go lower. I do know that they can inject fluid into you in extreme cases, but I'd think you'd have to be pretty early for that. I'm also praying to carry her to term as I agree, taking her early due to low fluid levels is scary.

7 weeks still seems like so long! It's starting to get painful now where I have to sit or lay certain ways just to keep myself comfortable at a tolerable level. Still want her to stay in there till at least 37-39 weeks though.

Just read about a neonatal loss of a baby born about 31 weeks. I am feeling so paranoid. I am scared to stay at home with such a less fluid levels. I think she could have given iv. I am not that far along too.

Too scared of losing another baby :(

Did the fluids help you last time they gave them to you? It did for me. People have decided to start telling me horror stories lately as well... Like couldn't you have waited 2 months to tell me that? It seems like they're keeping a close eye on you though. I wouldn't worry yourself about losing your peanut, you're at a gestation where the survival rate is good. You don't need to be stressing yourself out about this anymore than you need to.

Last time I got IV at 25 weeks and it kept my level up at 10 for about 4 weeks. 10 is decent anyway. So I think it worked well.

Yes horror stories are scary, besides kick counts 3 times a day is scary too. I can't stop thinking that I am guilty for all these things. My OB just told me to not to worry much. So these 10 days are just not passing. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->