Low hcg level! **UPDATED AT 200**

blasiandoll92

Mother of two!
Reaction score
So I went to the hospital Friday and my pregnancy test was negative. Went again today for back pain and my test was positive. My blood quantitative test is at 17. Doctor said this is super low? I go to my OBGYN tomorrow. Any thoughts or good stories??

How far along are you?

So, 7dpo? You conceived about a week ago and haven't missed a period yet? If that's the case, then an HCG of 17 is perfectly fine. If you mean 3 weeks past conception (5 weeks according to LMP), then that is unfortunately very low for that stage. :( I was at 664 at almost 5 weeks (3 weeks past conception) and that was on the lower end of normal. I'm almost 10 weeks now and I'm still not 100% that everything is okay with my pregnancy, but my levels has appropriately doubled by the next week, so my midwife wasn't too concerned. I have no idea what my level was at 7 days past ovulation, but I can't imagine they were higher than your level.

So, 7dpo? You conceived about a week ago and haven't missed a period yet? If that's the case, then an HCG of 17 is perfectly fine. If you mean 3 weeks past conception (5 weeks according to LMP), then that is unfortunately very low for that stage. :( I was at 664 at almost 5 weeks (3 weeks past conception) and that was on the lower end of normal. I'm almost 10 weeks now and I'm still not 100% that everything is okay with my pregnancy, but my levels has appropriately doubled by the next week, so my midwife wasn't too concerned. I have no idea what my level was at 7 days past ovulation, but I can't imagine they were higher than your level.

I had implantation bleeding on the 23rd of April. MY test says 1-2 wks. which means 3-4 wks. I think I am 3 wks total. Would that number be okay?

I am confused, 3 weeks since ov, or 3 weeks in total, because their is no such thing as 3 weeks that when your are becoming pregnant....

I had implantation bleeding on the 23rd of April. MY test says 1-2 wks. which means 3-4 wks. I think I am 3 wks total. Would that number be okay?

I see, you would be 4 weeks then, so just missed your period, what day was af due? I wouldn't worry at this stage what the hospital is saying, its incredibly early!

If you got 1-2 on a digi that would put you at 3-4 weeks pregnant (although those digis aren't exactly reliable)

You absolutely could be 3+ weeks pregnant, I got my bfp with this one at 3+4 and people get bfps before that all the time.

Your hcg seems normal for 3-4 weeks hun x

I hadnt even got my bfp by your point. Hcg levels have to start somewhere. Long as the number doubles as it should your fine :)

Agree they have to start somewhere and if you're only 3 weeks it sounds fine.

Mine were 20@ 11dpo with my daughter.

If you mean 3 weeks past ovulation then yes that number is too low but that is ONLY if you are certain of when you ovulated or implanted.

I had an hcg of 49 at 4 weeks which I was told was too low and then I was told it was fine because they said I could be later than I thought but I KNEW they were wrong and I was 100 percent certain of conception dates. I stayed on the low side of normal and came close to doubling but it didn't end well last Thursday.

That said, if there is any possibility you conceived even a week later then your number is ok so far just watch it for doubling.

I just got a call from the doctor saying that my leavels were and 8 on Friday. Two days later they were a 17. Is this good news?

Well it's doubled so that's good. I think you're just really early days.

I din't think at this stage they should be being so invasive, its just frightening for people! We really don't need to know hcg levels and such.... Just causes stress!

I agree. When I was pregnant with my first three they didn't take blood levels and do all of these early ultrasounds. It allowed women to just enjoy the early days of pregnancy. With my last ones I was surprised that blood work and early ultrasounds are routine.

I'm sure they have their place but overall there isn't much that they can do either the pregnancy is viable or it isn't and I think all of this early testing causes women to compare, research and find frightening outcomes and needlessly worry. I mean worst case scenario as I experienced last week, it will happen anyway without weeks of worry and stressing over it.

I don't know if that makes sense but it seems like all of the early blood work and very early ultrasounds cause a lot of panic, fear and stress for women these days.

Thanks guys!!! You guys comments are keeping me positive. They are drawing my blood again in a few and I'll have results later today or tomorrow. Will keep you guys updated on my levels once I receive news.

blasiandoll92 how are you making out? I'm in the same boat! It's so stressful. My betas were:

4/25: 14
4/27: 28
4/29: 48

blasiandoll92 how are you making out? I'm in the same boat! It's so stressful. My betas were:

Omg! I am so glad I am not alone in this! Let's definitely keep in touch with our results. I get my results at 3 oclock.

So far just 8 and 17 in two days. I am praying for the both of us!

Absolutely! I get mine sometime today also!

Omg! I am so glad I am not alone in this! Let's definitely keep in touch with our results. I get my results at 3 oclock.

So far just 8 and 17 in two days. I am praying for the both of us!

Fingers crossed for you both

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->