Low key announcement for work

Chickensoup85

LTTTC with azoospermia
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for some low key announcements for work. I'm not one for drawing attention to myself so would rather its something I can leave with some cakes. Any ideas? I'm a teacher so the announcement will be left in the staffroom.

My only idea so far is to pin the scan picture up with a speech bubble saying, "The cakes are on me!"

A friend at the school I work in went on maternity. I made her pink and Blue cupcakes. I was due just after her and lost. Excitement with people isn't there second time around or I would do something fun. You could do a wee riddle or quiz of some sort? What kind of teacher are you? Role it in with your subject eg English a poem?

I'm a teacher too and dreading this. Some in my staff room ask some full on questions and I'm not happy being he centre of attention. One actually asked the girl was she trying or was it an accident. I'd rather people just knew, iykwim?

Yeah, same here. People always get the, 'How long did it take?' etc. Not sure whether to respond honestly (3 yrs + ivf) or if that'll make them uncomfortable for asking. Guess that would serve them right!

Toyed with the idea of not telling at all and see how long it takes for someone to ask! Haha.

Yeah, same here. People always get the, 'How long did it take?' etc. Not sure whether to respond honestly (3 yrs + ivf) or if that'll make them uncomfortable for asking. Guess that would serve them right!

Toyed with the idea of not telling at all and see how long it takes for someone to ask! Haha.

I thought about being honest as I've been questioned before I thestaff room, do I not want children, when will I have them etc. I
I though too, yeah would shut the up. But i've concluded it's nobody's business how my baby came about but I'm lucky to be in my position

I am a teacher too. I am not due until July and will not be returning next year so I really have no desire to make an announcement any time soon. I thought maybe spring break time since it will start being more obvious by then. But it won't be fancy, I will probably tell a talker and let the news spread as I work in a small school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->