Lozzys wedding journal.

Thanks, iv still got a lot more to loose

arghhh its started!! We were planning on having a two course dinner,(roast beef dinner and then a desert). We get married at two so food wont be till 4.30/5. Evening guests come at 7 who will have allready had tea so we were planning on doing something light like pie and peas or a chip butty on the night. We thing a full buffet would just be a waste. MIL sent a txt asking if we could give an estimate of how much the buffet for the night will be. OH explained that we were only planning on having pie and peas but she kept saying we needed a buffet. Why? I think its just going to be wasted.

Yeah you don't need a buffet, stick to your guns!! Were having a hot buffet in the afternoon (getting married at 2) then were just having sandwiches and chips for our evening guests. If you have a full buffet it would probs be wasted! xx

We were thinking about a hot buffet too but you don't get a reduction for children or you can have a two course beef dinner for the same price and get a reduction for children under 12. Since there will be nearly 20 of them it will be worth it lol

Were not even including the children in our numbers, mainly because there will only be about 6 of them and they will be under 4 lol! You get a better deal with the beef dinner though! Were also getting it lots cheaper because were their first wedding - so were not actually paying for the venue, just the food and we have that at a reduced rate too lol! xx

i think out of the 21 kids invited only 4 of them are under 3

Save the dates are in envelopes and half wrote out!

I replied to your other thread about the food but I'd deffo stick to what you want and what you think is right for your day!

:happydance: yaaayyyy for the save the dates

Went to my first wedding fayre today, saw my dream car and got free cake!

that's the best part of wedding fairs....free cake, champagne and canapés. LOL! :rofl:

how are your plans coming along Lozzy? do you feel organised? x z

No not yet, i dont think i will untill iv got every thing booked but i cant do that till we get some money. Stupid Christmas.

Free cake is always brilliant :) I've still not done a wedding fayre, but its probably a bit pointless for me now :rofl: It will all start coming together soon, don't worry. We would be stuffed atm for deposits if we hadn't had a little bit of help xx

I should have everything booked in the next few weeks, reception, photographer and then cars. Deposits only total £400 so should not be long.

Im feeling fed up of all this wedding crap and we have only booked the ceremony. Im starting to wonder why were even getting married? Dont get me wrong i love OH and want to spend the rest of my life with him but why do we need to get married? Whats it going to change?

Woah loads to catch up on...

Yay for save the dates. Have you managed to send them out yet? Ours sat in their box for three months before I sent any :lol:

Have you had any more thoughts on the dress? Is it THE dress? How exciting :happydance:

Massive congratulations for your weight loss milestone. That's a huge achievement. Well done!!

I think I replied in your other thread about evening food. MILs eh? We weren't going to have anything but she insisted that we do, and now whatever we suggest isn't good enough for her :rolleyes: So I'm on your side, a full buffet will probably go wasted. It's impossible to tell. And unless you've got that money to waste it's not something you should risk!

Oooh you've found your dream car? What is it? Are you going to book it?

And as for your latest update, the feeling will pass. I remember having moments like these where you wonder if the day is worth all the effort. But I know that if I don't do it I'll always be wondering "what if"

Im just waiting for the rest of the address's then il send them out.

The dress will be the dress if we can afford it, its more than i planned on spending.

This is the car i want https://www.atouchofclassic.co.uk/bramwith.htm I will be having it once i get the money for a deposit.

Its just the idea of spending 5-6k on one day? Were getting some help but not a lot and im just thinking what were going to have to do with out for the sake of one day. We dont earn massive amounts so saving 500 a month is a big thing

I did also have a bit of feeling like that, I was all in a muddle. It does pass though. But if you aren't happy to spend that much on your wedding day, then don't. You can do it cheaper if you want to :) Hope you feel better soon xx

Im not going to be able to do it for cheaper with out compramising on things

Off to get some more envelopes and stamps for the save the dates, might as well get a coffee while im in town

I just got 2nd class stamps for mine, that extra 10p a stamp makes a huge difference when buying loads :) xx

£8 bloody 50 to send 17 letters 2nd class, Still got another 15 or so to spend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->