LTTTC # 1 w/o Assisted teammates needed!!!!

Woops - I just saw the 9 on your ticker Titi and assumed you were CD 9 like me ; P It is nice to have some variation in our cycles anyways because we can cheer you on at the end of your 2ww while we are just entering ours.

I got married in September 2005 - can't believe it will be 5 years this fall! We've known each other since High School though so it already feels like a lifetime - haha!

Do either of you chart your cycles? Or have you tried it in the past? Chart stalking is fun and not the least bit obsessive compulsive :haha:

Way to go on giving up the smoking! I used to in college but I would get so sick in the winter that it wasn't too hard to give it up. The casual drinking has been hard to get more strict about - I'm trying to cut down but don't have the will power to eliminate it. Same with caffeine - just trying to drink more water to make sure I'm hydrated enough to produce good cm.

Titi - really sorry your DH isn't the most regimented about the vitamins. How long has he been taking them for now? I'll bet that once he has been doing it for a few months he won't skip any doses. We have the same problem but we are slowly getting better about it.

Jaime-every single time I see that little Bolt peeking out from your avatar it always makes me smile!!!

I've been with DH going on ten years in December so I know what you mean that it does seem like forever already.

Looks like we have the coffee & alcohol in common-like you said-not much but hard to be better about it.

DH does get annoying about the vitamins but he has actually made HUGE life changes in a very short time. Up until this winter he smoked a pack of cigs a day, didn't take any vitamins at all, and ONLY ate hamburgers & french fries every day for lunch, chips or deep fried cheese sticks for snacks and a pizza for dinner. No breakfast, no veggies, no fruit.

He has heart disease in his family and I've been on him for a decade. Finally he agreed (little by little) to cut certain things out if we didn't get pg after a year. He started eating better in Nov., quit smoking in early January, and started the supplements at the end of Jan or beginning of Feb. so-I'm actually pretty beside myself.

I'm also part of the chart stalker thread. I really like that one. The girls there are really informed and supportive and once they get a bfp they come back only now and then to give us support or see how we are getting along and/or answer some ttc questions. I started charting in November (temps, cm, cp-you name it) but took a break in March to see if relaxing would help (nope). Now I only chart around OV-just to help confirm it. I don't temp in my luteal phase as I had both an "implantation dip" and a "tri-phasic" chart once that got my hopes up so much and then nothing. How about you?

I figure realistically I would have to give it 2+ years of being a nonsmoker too.. But then that's not too awful realistic either. I'd like to think my fertility will improve but who am I to say? GRR so frustrating isnt it? Off to class.. UGH

:dohh: read the wrong page.. sorry ladies! I am a little out of it today.

I chart on my iphone.. no temping though, and FF ticks me off guess I dont have the patience. Ill be back later! Maybe then I wont be so weird feeeling. lol

Evening ladies.....I saw a little mention of this buddies group over in LTTTC and thought I'd take a look. Nice to meet you!

I'm Lyndsay, 40 yrs old....1 3 yo DD already (she was born with cancer so had a real battle for her life shortly after birth - which she thankfully won). Been TTC no2 now for over 2 years. Fell pregnant twice within relatively quick succession, only to lose both in MMC's, and havent seen a BFP for over a year now. I now have rising FSH so fertility is on its way down. Did 6 months of Clomid with nothing and to top it all off perfectly....I was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks back so have just had surgery (and am hoping for the all clear tomorrow).

We have had investigations for recurrent mc, only to find nothing (one doctor believes I am slightly polycystic, another doesn't :shrug:. One says hubby's SA was bad, another says it wasnt? Go figure?) and have just got to the stage where we have been offered IUI/IVF (at our own cost of course) and we are about to turn it down.

I just believe if this is meant to be, it will be. I desperately want another child, but I don't think IVF is the answer for us. in fact at my age, the odds aren't that much better than naturally, so its a heck of a lot of money and emotions to pour into something that is actually not that likely to work!

I was starting to feel very alone on these boards....everyone is either new and so optimistic, or been here for ages and going for assisted concpetion.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow if I'm really TTC again (although for us it will be a few months of trying artificial insemination as my cancer was gynaecological and I have had to have a partial vulvectomy.)

Be nice to be part of a group of like-minded souls again x

Howdy Lyns! I had thyroid cancer in 2007 and have been free, clear and grateful ever since my surgery. Really hope you have the same experience. So sorry to hear about your daughter's struggles too, and the mmc's. You've had a tough row to hoe! We are all ttc our first...

Titi and whitbit - I think it is great that you and your hubbies were able to quit. It is really no small thing but I'm positive it must make us more healthy and fertile in the long run.

Titi - when I asked my DH to get an SA he found a doc and asked for all the tests a guy his age should get. His cholesterol was a little high so he has been eating healthier too. I think regardless of wanting to improve fertility or not these are all changes we'll be happy about in the long run. But yes, your hubby has definitely made some major changes!

HI Lyns! It's nice to meet you too! I hope we can be a nice thread for you here, would love to have you. I found lots of wonderful other threads (& ladies!) on this forum but like you said, nothing really for what we are facing.

Wow you really have had a time of it. Lots of prayers & love to you hun. I will be thinking of you and hope you get your all clear. So happy all is well with DD. :hugs:

Hey Lyns! You sound like you have been through a lot! You are so strong to keep on truckin like you are! Fxd you get the go ahead, and Hope you find this thread what you expected it to be.

I like having you all to talk to! Assistance will never be an option for us. I really hope we get blessed with our beans soon. Tons of :dust:

I agree Titi, that we are a little out of place. It's one thing to have hope and know that one day it will happen, and completely another to hope that it will happen and not know if it will!

yea Whit-If someone could promise me I will have at least one bean of my own someday-I could be much more patient and content. It is the not knowing that is so hard. I want so badly to start clearing a room and making a nursery and DH won't let me think about it til we get a bfp.

Howdy Yomo and Reba! I've seen you find ladies on other threads, glad you found this team!

Hi Titi - i found the thread and would love to join in. :flower:

Yay!

ladies-on the freaking awesome chance that somebody here gets a BFP how do we want to handle announcements? etc.

We have the fact that it is a real miracle for an LTTTC BFP yet combined with that could be harder for some girls to see bfps in the security of this special thread?

That is a good question Titi - I'm open to anything you ladies suggest. It is a sensitive issue. I personally don't mind if any of you announce on this thread. As long as I've built a relationship with someone I am happy for them - especially anyone that has been trying for a long time. And I really want to know a bfp is possible for gals that have been trying for a long time, so announcements like that give me hope. I just don't care for the ones that lurk on threads, don't post anything until they announce a bfp and then leave. Especially if they've only been trying for a few months because that just makes me jealous ; P Yes, I admit I'm just being petty but it is nice to be shielded from that sort of thing in here.

That is a good question Titi - I'm open to anything you ladies suggest. It is a sensitive issue. I personally don't mind if any of you announce on this thread. As long as I've built a relationship with someone I am happy for them - especially anyone that has been trying for a long time. And I really want to know a bfp is possible for gals that have been trying for a long time, so announcements like that give me hope. I just don't care for the ones that lurk on threads, don't post anything until they announce a bfp and then leave. Especially if they've only been trying for a few months because that just makes me jealous ; P Yes, I admit I'm just being petty but it is nice to be shielded from that sort of thing in here.

Jaime-we have too much in common. I feel EXACTLY the same way you do!

What about the rest of you girls? You have all been trying longer than us-you may have different feelings. So far I think I could keep track of everyone on the first page-and for sure we can put a BFP next to their name if they get one-but definitely no witches or bfns next to the name until then. That would be a start..........it can be skipped over easily if someone should be sensitive........just let me know how you all feel. I just want to be sensitive to everyone's needs. I've seen forums where they disable tickers alltogether.
:hugs:

Firstoff, Hello Yomo and Reba!

I 100% agree on your opinions with announcing. I wouldn't dare post a :bfp: anywhere but my journal or the announcements section. That said, it would be hard for me to post it here and not feel bad! However I think page one would do perfectly.. I'm not one to make a huge fuss, but I also can't stand to see the :witch: next to my name!

I 100% agree on your opinions with announcing. I wouldn't dare post a :bfp: anywhere but my journal or the announcements section. That said, it would be hard for me to post it here and not feel bad! However I think page one would do perfectly.. I'm not one to make a huge fuss, but I also can't stand to see the :witch: next to my name!

I know right? I would feel bad announcing too-but that is definitely crazy b/c I agree with Jaime I would want to know straight off if any of you got BFPS! I would be so SERIOUSLY happy for any LTTTCer that gets pregnant-I love, love, love LTTTC BFPS! I just don't like random BFP announcments-like Jaime said-someone that isn't even a member just dropping in to drop a b bomb-but we would kick anyone's arse if they did that here ha ha! Also I think it is insensitive to come around ttc and talk about pg symptoms.
I think more important than dealing with bfp announcment is the rule that should anyone be lucky enough to get pg-just to use your journal or the PG threads to talk about anything related to your pg. I would love to stalk any of your pregnancy journals-but we are giving the women the opportunity to choose that for themselves.

What are other thoughts on this? Let me know if I'm overthinking it too. It just seems like something to address first. I mean-we are all here to support each other on the journey for bfp-and would be weird not to share it..... but yes that was one of the things a lot of people shared about hating other threads was dealing with the BFPS announcements everywhere.

I know right? I would feel bad announcing too-but that is definitely crazy b/c I agree with Jaime I would want to know straight off if any of you got BFPS! I would be so SERIOUSLY happy for any LTTTCer that gets pregnant-I love, love, love LTTTC BFPS! I just don't like random BFP announcments-like Jaime said-someone that isn't even a member just dropping in to drop a b bomb-but we would kick anyone's arse if they did that here ha ha! Also I think it is insensitive to come around ttc and talk about pg symptoms.
I think more important than dealing with bfp announcment is the rule that should anyone be lucky enough to get pg-just to use your journal or the PG threads to talk about anything related to your pg. I would love to stalk any of your pregnancy journals-but we are giving the women the opportunity to choose that for themselves.

What are other thoughts on this? Let me know if I'm overthinking it too. It just seems like something to address first. I mean-we are all here to support each other on the journey for bfp-and would be weird not to share it..... but yes that was one of the things a lot of people shared about hating other threads was dealing with the BFPS announcements everywhere.

Again, in complete agreement.. It's just common courtesy to restrict pg discussion in a thread with a lot of TTC'ers, especially LTTTTC and even more rude to drop a bfp announcement where it doesnt belong. Don't think you're overthinking it.. I don't want us to set ourselves up for anything like that either.

Yup- I completely concur. We could have a front page divided into LTTTCers and LTTTC graduates - don't even have to mention BFPs or AF. I always like to see ladies' basic info too, like age, number of cycles, fertility cocktails (au naturel of course!). The age and number of cycle info might be sensitive though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->