LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

so great to see so many successes after all the struggles! IVF really does seem to do the trick, I wonder what it is that makes it work for most people. I felt perhaps my egg shell was too hard for hubbies sperm to penetrate, which Ive read can be common with my age. as other than that all tests were perfect, and I responded really well to my IVF w/ICSI. I wonder if Id ever have seen a BFP if Id continued naturally or did more IUI. I also wonder how many of us will get a natural BFP after giving birth as I hear that you are more fertile once you have had a pregnancy.

Hey if its not too much work urchin perhaps you could list our names on the front page with our due dates? mine is Oct 7. unless you think it will be too much work as the thread grows!

Hi everyone!

I am newly pregnant from my first ivf round! Just confirmed the BFP on Tuesday with a 14dpo blood test. I'm still in shock, I had never seen a second line in 2 years of ttc.

This whole experience has involved so much waiting, I'm super happy to finally reach this point. We never expected to have problems when we started in March 2010, since I had such a normal cycle, but after 8 months of ttc had DH tested and found a varicocele. He had surgery to repair it in Nov. 2010 and we had to wait 6 months for him to heal and be normal. But again, no luck all last year in spite of both of us having all normal test results. We had 4 rounds of iui in the fall and finally in December had our IVF consultation. It's hard to believe something finally worked!

Mrs Bear!!!!!!!!!
So good to see you :hugs:
(Mrs Bear started the best assisted conception TTC thread in the world for anyone who hasn't come accross her before!)
Glad you are starting to feel better chikkie - I think some women think they are being over-cautious when they cancel treatment because of suspected OHSS. But having seen what you have gone through I am not surprised the medics try to avoid it at all costs.

so great to see so many successes after all the struggles! IVF really does seem to do the trick, I wonder what it is that makes it work for most people. I felt perhaps my egg shell was too hard for hubbies sperm to penetrate, which Ive read can be common with my age.

(Snippety Snip)

Hey if its not too much work urchin perhaps you could list our names on the front page with our due dates? mine is Oct 7. unless you think it will be too much work as the thread grows!

I often think the same thing Sarah - and always say that the problem is that my eggs are hard boiled....now I have visions of Mr Urch's soldiers bouncing off in relays :rofl:

and what a good idea - glad you had it while we are only 3 pages long!

Hi everyone!

I am newly pregnant from my first ivf round! Just confirmed the BFP on Tuesday with a 14dpo blood test. I'm still in shock, I had never seen a second line in 2 years of ttc.

This whole experience has involved so much waiting,

That has been my experience too Sienna - seemingly endless waiting! All seems worthwhile now we have our BFP, but at the time it was soul destroying

AFM - up again at 3am and have just been sick .... which is the first time in about 5 days. I was beginning to think maybe I was passed the sicky stage - but it seems it was just lying in wait for me!

There we go - hall of fame added to page 1

if I've not got your DD and you'd like it up there, just let me know xx

Yay for hall of fame! My edd is November 10th! Thanks!

There we go - hall of fame added to page 1

if I've not got your DD and you'd like it up there, just let me know xx

Thanks for taking care of this Urchin! My due date is October 17th!! [-o<

urchin - you make me blush :blush: Glad you like our ttc thread, it's a good one! I need to catch up on it again though... I'm back at work this week so at least I have computer access that doesn't make me nauseated. Guess it was something about the laptop that did that to me or else I'm just getting over it :shrug:. My 12 week scan is Monday too! :happydance:. My dd is Oct 9th but I figure I will go late Sept since it is twins :oneofeach:

sarah - I'll be 39 by delivery so I'm an oldie too :thumbup:

Klein - I've been on progesterone shots since the transfer. They checked my level once a few weeks later but haven't since then. I think I stay on til 12 weeks.

As far as telling I had planned something similar to what Berki suggested with the bibs but with my OHSS and being hospitalized I didn't get the chance :nope: I feel bad to say I feel cheated by not being able to tell people the way I would have liked, but I kind of do. Since I was in the hospital I had to tell mom, sis, aunt, etc the day we found out ourselves because they needed to know to make sure the medical staff, xray etc all knew as I was getting care. DH told his sister as well since it meant postponing his trip home (hasn't visited his family since he got back from being deployed in Dec). They are all still happy of course but it wasn't quite the 'announcement' I had in mind. I did get to surprise with the twins some though - I just came home with the ultrasound pic and said 'oh, here's a picture from the scan' so that is how they found out about it being two.

I very specifically asked that they not tell others, even my dad (wasn't at hospital) because it was so early and I was worried all the meds and the ohss would cause a miscarriage. I don't know how closely that has been followed though. I let mom tell my dad once I was out of hospital and we could see heartbeats. She told my nephew on her own though. No telling who she and my aunt may have told, or DHs sister. I plan on telling closer friends and relatives after our 12 week scan on Monday but probably won't make it public for another month. Between the ohss, my age and it being twins I want to be well into 2nd tri first. There is no event coming up til early May so I will probably just end up emailing most people. I hate being impersonal about it but I don't want to tell one and have someone else hear it before I can tell them too.

Hi Mrs.Bear! Hopefully once the second tri starts you will feel great!

Welcome Sienna! It is an amazing feeling to see a second line when you never have in years of ttc. It is almost unbelievable.

Thanks Urch! Mine is Oct 19. :)

AFM - up again at 3am and have just been sick .... which is the first time in about 5 days. I was beginning to think maybe I was passed the sicky stage - but it seems it was just lying in wait for me!

I am 12 weeks today and had a terrible evening yesterday, felt soooo sick. I hadnt been taking my meds for a few days and I thought Id see how I did without them, but it hit me hard and hubby went and got a refill. So its not eased up yet, hope Im not one of those who

anyone got a doppler? I rented one for a month and heard the HB again last night, it was wonderful. Ive been good though and only used it a couple of times per week.

Mrs. Bear I turn 40 on Oct 1, I always said I was going to do away for a month on a cruise for that. but my DD is Oct 7! so its good timing as I will be excited for that and hopefully forgetting Im turning 40!!

Thanks Care :flower: I am definitely doing lots better.

Getting my stamina back is the hardest part right now since I am out of breath easily. I know I am getting better every day but it definitely is wearing me down. I still look about 4-5 months preggo so I figure I will end up this size til May then start going back up again. I was 119cm around and looked 8-9 months preggo at the height of the ohss. Luckily my sister brought me some of her maternity clothes or I'd be in my nightgown at work :haha: Worst is an abdominal shot I get every night that BURNS - only a few more weeks of that hopefully though :thumbup:

They never mentioned possibly postponing transfer. I suspect they were concerned that the quality wouldn't survive freeze. I had 3 blasts left over that weren't freezeable. Apparently it is also rare to have severe ohss over 35, though that is probably because the egg count isn't as high usually. It is definitely worth postponing transfer to avoid ohss if you can though. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. If I hadn't gotten bfp it would have resolved within a few days but by the time it seemed to be getting better I had 3 blasts implanted (one stopped developing) so that quickly put me into severe ohss.

Sarah - forgot to comment in the last post about the egg shell issue. I had 28 mature eggs and we did 50% ICSI. Of the non-ICSI only 2 fertilized, so I definitely think that was our issue. If we hadn't had ICSI I likely would not be in this thread, so I'm glad I pushed for it.

Mrs. Bear I turn 40 on Oct 1, I always said I was going to do away for a month on a cruise for that. but my DD is Oct 7! so its good timing as I will be excited for that and hopefully forgetting Im turning 40!!

I suspect you will be far happier with your little one than going on that cruise anyway :thumbup: Maybe do that for 41? How soon after #1 are you going to do another FET for #2?

I suspect you will be far happier with your little one than going on that cruise anyway :thumbup: Maybe do that for 41? How soon after #1 are you going to do another FET for #2?

well seeing as my frosties are with my 39 year old eggs I can wait a bit, seeing as its usually the eggs not the cooker thats the problem :haha: however I dont want to wait too long, I would have to be done breastfeeding to start the hormones so perhaps 8 months to a year later? also it might take a few transfers to get pregnant again, I will do SET do I have 7 tries.
did you get any frosties? are the twins your first children? this is my first.

Sarah - forgot to comment in the last post about the egg shell issue. I had 28 mature eggs and we did 50% ICSI. Of the non-ICSI only 2 fertilized, so I definitely think that was our issue. If we hadn't had ICSI I likely would not be in this thread, so I'm glad I pushed for it.

oh thats interesting! so it confirms my hard egg belief!
ICSI was only $1200 more so I said do it, and to all. why waste the chance of good eggs going to waste. I had 20 mature eggs and ended up with 10 blastocysts. Im sure it would have been a lot less if we hadnt ICSId them all. they should do it more often, I see lots of people on here who have a bad fertilization rate which could have been improved if they just ICSId at the start.

sarah-I plan on getting or renting a doppler, I forgot, when can you usually pick up the heartbeat on one of those?

sarah-I plan on getting or renting a doppler, I forgot, when can you usually pick up the heartbeat on one of those?

it really depends on the model, you would need a sensitive one. my midwife picked up mine at 10 weeks (she said its 50/50 that early) and I heard mine on the rented one at 11 weeks. I rented as I wanted the midwife quality. quite a few of the girls like the sonoline I think its called for purchase.

I bought the sonoline but I think my fattitude is preventing me from hearing it! I've been so frustrated and cried both times I tried. I just wanna hear this bubba's heartbeat but I can't!! I am 10w2days....

Sarah - I wanted to ICSI at least half but I kind of wanted to do some natural to confirm my suspicions about it being an egg/sperm issue. With only 2 of 13 fertilizing that way I suspect we would likely never have gotten a bfp without IVF. As it was only 7 of 13 fertilized with ICSI (2 others were damaged in the process) so our fertilization rates aren't that great even with ICSI. I'm a big advocate of ICSI, especially if you don't have a lot of eggs to work with. Why risk it, ya know?

The twins are my first. We didn't end up with any frosties. 9 fertilized total. We put back 3 and they said 3 more made it to blast but weren't of high enough quality to freeze. Oh well... Guess if we want to try again it will be full IVF. I'm hoping for one of each so there won't be as much pressure to try again though. I've always wanted 3-4 but I can live with 2 rather than risk ohss again. If we do IVF again I'll start at a lower dose. I'd rather have half the eggs or less than repeat the ohss.

Dis3tnd its still very early, my midwife picked mine up at 10 weeks but that was a midwife quality machine and she said 50/50 chance. dont give up! it takes a good 5 minutes for me to find mine as it seems to pick up in a different area each time.

Yea DH says to be patient and we'll eventually find it. He said in practice they never even try it this early, and that yesterday he had a patient at 13 weeks who it took him over 5 minutes to find and even then only got it for a few seconds. I'm having a hard time being patient though - I tried for 10 minutes last night and then gave up.

My midwife wouldn't even attempt to look for HB with the doppler. She said after 12 weeks. I know a lot of women find the HB early with the Sonoline B, but not everybody does.

Also, I know there are different probes for different people and stages.

I plan on getting one, but I keep putting it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->