LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Yay for hall of fame! My dd is October 17!

I have the Sonoline B and it has been working great for me. I started picking up the heartbeat around 8 1/2 weeks, and have checked every day since :blush: it works best for me first thing in the morning. Sometimes I pick the right spot and find it right away, other times it takes a while. I often find the baby hiding behind my main artery, which makes it hard to hear through my own pulses. It definitely keeps me sane, but also makes me a little crazy at times too, especially when it takes 15 min to find! :wacko:

I love hearing that everyone is progressing nicely and all within a few weeks another. Going to be a fun 6-7 months!!! :happydance:

yay for prune care!! :cloud9:

Dis3tnd I think I mentioned to you before my tips for doppler is to make sure your bladder is full and drape your legs off the bed so tummy is taut. I also find it more when I angle the doppler, as you are going behind the pubic bone. hope you find it soon! when is your next scan?

anyone got a scan coming up this week? I have a few weeks till I see my midwife and a wopping 8 weeks till my week 20 scan :dohh:

sarah-good to know the tips for the doppler! Thanks!!!
I have a u/s & bloodwork on Tuesday.

Care-yay for prune!!! I'm still a sweetpea, longing for those prune days, but I'll take it lol!!!

AFM-I only took 1 nap today and I haven't felt as nauseaus as I was the past few days...seriousally hoping everything is ok in there, it has me a bit paraniod!

Teta, I just realized you are Dis have the same DD! I am only two days after you two. :)

Sarah, I just saw my midwife this week and will be back in almost 3 weeks. I don't go for my next US until 8 weeks either! I thought it was 20 weeks, but my midwife said 18 weeks. Considering I didn't have a 12 week scan, I really don't want to wait that long.

Klein, I have some days where I think my symptoms are gone (especially the MS) and then - WHAM - they are back even worse. So try not to worry too much. Is next week your first U/S?

Care-Thanks that is reasurring. I've had 2 u/s already and I think I am getting them every week until I am dismissed to my ob. Weekly visits with u/s and bloodwork. They mentioned dismissing me in a few weeks :( I love my ob but I LOVE all this attention lol.

First two u/s everything measured correctly and last one we saw the hb on the screen at 6w4d. We could hear it go in and out, maybe we can get a beat per minute count Tuesday.

I have had 2 m/c and 2 live births. I hate the not knowing of what's going to happen lol. I will say with both of my m/c they were at about where I am now and we didn't see a hb. So maybe once I get past the next few weeks I will rest a bit easier.

There we go, that's Teta's date added to the HoF!

Just 3 more to go, then we're all accounted for....Mrs Bear and I also share the same date - and scan day by the looks of things .... I have my 12 week scan on Monday too :D

MY EDD is Nov 27th will have my 8 weeks scan on April 17th.. seems so far away still haha!!

Sarah, I just saw my midwife this week and will be back in almost 3 weeks. I don't go for my next US until 8 weeks either! I thought it was 20 weeks, but my midwife said 18 weeks. Considering I didn't have a 12 week scan, I really don't want to wait that long.

oh thats good to know, thats only 6 weeks away for me then. I only did the integrated screening as I wanted a 12 week scan! although she probably would have given me one anyway due to my horrible accident...

I havent mentioned it on this thread, but at 7 weeks pregnant my 2 dogs attacked my older dog. I tried to get them off her and my fingertip got sliced off, nail and all :cry: I had to pick it up and dial 911, I was bleeding everywhere and was scared as I was pregnant. I felt so bad I couldnt help my dog as I was on the phone with 911. Anyway they couldnt reattach as theres a risk of infection, so they just had to sow up the end. Ive been going 3x a week for dressing changes, with this type of injury they just let it heal over. As pregnant I didnt take the percocet they prescribed as its a narcotic (they said its ok for pregnancy but I didnt want to risk it) and managed through the pain with paracetomol. Its been traumatic as Im very queasy over medical things and wanted to faint when I thought about it, havent been able to look at the finger. Its hard to imagine a life with a deformed index finger with no nail (always had nice nails, get gel nails). but the dog is ok ($4000 vet bill later) and we keep them separate now. Hubby was amazing looking after me and keeping my spirits up. Cant believe it though, what a traumatic thing to happen after all Ive been throught with the infertility.

Sarah-OMG, that's awful and yes, terrible traumatic. So glad the dog's ok and your healing now. I know it's a terribly freakish incident that could of been avoided if the fight didn't happen but good thing they didn't hurt you even more in the process, or even God forbid the baby somehow. I don't blame you for not wanting to take the percocet. Your a very brave mama!

yay for prune care!! :cloud9:

Dis3tnd I think I mentioned to you before my tips for doppler is to make sure your bladder is full and drape your legs off the bed so tummy is taut. I also find it more when I angle the doppler, as you are going behind the pubic bone. hope you find it soon! when is your next scan?

anyone got a scan coming up this week? I have a few weeks till I see my midwife and a wopping 8 weeks till my week 20 scan :dohh:

Thanks for the tips Sarah, will try both things tonight. However, I have a platform bed so hanging legs off the bed won't really work, not much distance between the bed and the ground! My 12 week scan is when I'm 12w5days on April 9th. Feels like forever from now :( I'm also only doing the screening for the scan.... will be horrible when I'm at your stage and will have to wait 8 weeks for a scan, but also lovely to be in second tri!

I've read your story about your accident before, but it still gets me so sad - how traumatic and horrible to go through - and to have lost your nail as well! Glad bubs was okay through it all :)

MY EDD is Nov 27th will have my 8 weeks scan on April 17th.. seems so far away still haha!!

I've added your date in berki xxx

sarah - you have my sympathies hon. We've had some horrid dog fights here and they are always so scary.
When Mr Urch moved in he brought his dogs with him (he had 2 lurchers, I had 2 whippets) his had always been kenneled, mine are house dogs.
His top dog and mine really took a dislike to each other - we tried for 3 years to get them to tolerate each other (using all the tricks we could think of) but it always ended in big fights and even bigger vet bills. Mr Urch got very badly bitten trying to separate one particularly nasty fight...luckily he didn't lose any extremities though!

Eventually, we rehomed the top dog lurcher and brought the other one into the house with the whippets, where he settled in very quickly

Hope your finger mends fast sarah - it's certainly traumatic when things like that happen :hugs:

AFM I've spent the day at work getting ready for our audits next week - and will be spending the day there tomorrow too as someone else hasn't done what she should have :growlmad:

and today I have started to feel some pressure against my pubic bone, which I'm presuming is Eenie outgrowing his/her current living quaters

2 more sleeps to go!

thanks everyone! I have jack russells and they have strong teeth, but its still shocking that my fingertip got sliced off in one bite. I dont really remember what happened or feeling it happen. I try to think of a reason for it happening, and I wonder perhaps its for me to know never to leave my baby with these 2 dogs. Not that I would have, but perhaps I might have walked over to the other side of the room with the baby and the 2 dogs there, but now I see how they can just snap and go at it I wouldnt.

urchin interesting the 4 didnt get on but the 3 did. My 2 younger jacks get on, and they were fighting the older one. she is older and they probably sense her weakness. so it could be the same as a baby. the 2 dogs are lovely dogs so it was crazy to see how they snapped.

after all that happened the dr's assured me it wouldnt affect the baby but I was still nervous. so when the midwife found the HB 2 weeks later I burst into tears! all I wanted was for bub and dog to be ok.

It was a top dog rivalry thing Sarah - Digit was the top indoor dog and Bow was the top outdoor dog. The other 2 had always been subordinate dogs - so when Flynn came in, he was used to being a low status dog and didn't really mind that the top dog slot was already taken.
Digit and Bow were both determined to dominate each other, and neither would give ground. Hence the fights :((

Even withe all the upset I wouldn't be without my dogs - but like you, I would never leave a young child with them unattended ... even Digit who is absolutely child proof (I've seen him with 2 under-5's hanging off his ears and tail - and he just stood there looking miserable until I was able to get there and help!)

Dis, any luck with the Doppler yet?? I always find it immediately when I do it 1st thing in the morning, laying in bed but after I have gotten up to use the bathroom. Idk why but I have a harder time on a full bladder! He/she is always in the exact same spot when I do it at this time. Today i could hear the baby moving around! So cool. If I try later in the day it takes me a really long time and it's never as loud. I agree with Sarah, I always have the probe angled downward, not straight up and down against ur belly. I've noticed over the past 2 weeks the location is getting higher, plus my nighttime bathroom trips have subsided, so my uterus must be lifting out of my pelvis!! I'm still not showing yet which surprised my OB who said my uterus feels huge, whatever that means. She said it won't be long. Right now I just look bloated. I saw a girl wearing a shirt that said "I'm not fat, I'm pregnant!" I so need that shirt! :haha:

Hahaha, I want that shirt too! I got so bloated just from the ivf it's crazy.

Sarah, I know all about dominant dogs. They usually won't work unless you are an extremely dominant handler. But still the risk will always be there. I am just glad everybody (and dog) ended up ok.

yes makes sense about the dogs. we got foxy about 8 years ago from humane society, we think she was about 4ish so she is 12 now. about 5 years ago we found she was just sitting on the bed a lot so we thought getting her a companion would make her a bit livlier. so we got lucy, again a rescue but only 1 yrs old. they seemed fine but foxy slowly stopped playing with her and lucy was getting fat. so we got a 3rd for lucy to grow up with.

the pup would act submissive to lucy so they get along great, but we found they would gang up on foxy. I kinda regretted getting a 3rd and felt so bad for foxy, its like senior abuse! it wouldnt happen much though and just went to the vet once for a small cut on foxy. then last oct they went at foxy over food at my MILs, foxy had about 4 cuts on her that time, and MIL was shocked how they went at her and said it was hard getting them off her. I thought it was a food or them showing off at MIL, thought it would never happen with me.

then that happened, and it was actually the younger dog who started it. we were all sleeping on the bed (I had terrible sickness @ 7 weeks) and foxy made a weird noise in her sleep, and the younger one woke up and lunged. I think perhaps being woken out of her sleep made her snap like that? I couldnt get them off her even with kicking them and my injury happened very early. it was so awful, I remember telling the 911 operator my 2 younger dogs were killing my older one. I thought that was it for her, as it went on so long. Foxy had a horrible large wound on her back, but its slowly healing. She is compeltely separated now and getting loads of love from me. I suppose if they were really trying to kill her they could have, it was all flesh wounds. its almost like they were using her like their tug of war toy we play with.

I love all 3 of them, but it has been hard being affectionate with the younger 2 after seeing what they did. but Ive been trying. the younger one cowers if I ever raise my voice or tell her 'stop' sternly, thats why its so shocking to see how she snapped and they would not listen to me.

sorry enough dog talk!!

Good h'evenink!

Sun is shining and I managed to finish up at work by lunchtime :D
I worked Saturday too and have taken tomorrow off to make up for it and.......
tomorrow is scan day!

I'm very nervous and hoping with everything I have that all will be well

Keep it all crossed for me xx

It's tomorrow - and I'm a plum!

Scan is not til 2.45 so I have to find lots of things to do to keep me occupied -
#1 is piddling about on the internet
#2 is cleaning the bathroom
#3 is doing some laundry
#4 is picking up some jewelry that I'm having repaired

after that I'm not sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member