LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

hi ladies!

Please help me stop from worrying. I feel so restless because I don't have any pregnancy symptoms. The only symptom I had which was sore breasts has already gone away since last week. I feel so normal.
Then also I can't help but wonder about my first scan last week when I'm supposed to be 6 weeks and all we saw on the scan was a pregnancy sac (a black spot). I thought I'm supposed to see a fetal pole and a heartbeat by then? My doctor said though that it is still too early and that we might see the heartbeat on my next scan (tomorrow).

I know I should not be worrying but I just feel so scared not knowing if the baby is growing well.
I feel like rushing to the nearest place where I could have a betaHCG test just to check if my levels are still ok. My last betaHCG was Tuesday last week and it was still ok.
I know I'm sounding like crazy but I feel like crying too !

Big hugs yellowbell :hugs: there's really nothing to reassure you without proof on a black and white scan pic in front of you is there?
Doesn't matter how many people say 'but loads of women get no symptoms' or 'very early on there really isn't anything to see' - until we get that proof positive, we don't rest

Glad you only have to wait til tomorrow for your scan xxx

Big hugs yellowbell :hugs: there's really nothing to reassure you without proof on a black and white scan pic in front of you is there?
Doesn't matter how many people say 'but loads of women get no symptoms' or 'very early on there really isn't anything to see' - until we get that proof positive, we don't rest

Glad you only have to wait til tomorrow for your scan xxx

Thanks, hun!
I've been anxiously waiting for tomorrow. It's driving me nuts!:wacko:

Yellowbell, I know another girl on another forum and they didn't see anything for her 6 week scan, and when she went back they saw the heartbeat. I also know that I was warned we may not see anything on my 6 week scan and usually waiting until at least 7 weeks is better. If it makes you feel better, I had crazy sore breasts and then they weren't as sore for a couple weeks (maybe longer), but then the pain came back later. You can't really go by symptoms because not everybody gets them, and progesterone can cause some as well. I will just hope and pray you get to see a HB at your scan tomorrow. FX!

Urch, thinking of you today!

Dis, any luck finding the HB?

Yellowbell, I know another girl on another forum and they didn't see anything for her 6 week scan, and when she went back they saw the heartbeat. I also know that I was warned we may not see anything on my 6 week scan and usually waiting until at least 7 weeks is better. If it makes you feel better, I had crazy sore breasts and then they weren't as sore for a couple weeks (maybe longer), but then the pain came back later. You can't really go by symptoms because not everybody gets them, and progesterone can cause some as well. I will just hope and pray you get to see a HB at your scan tomorrow. FX!

Urch, thinking of you today!

Dis, any luck finding the HB?

Thank you so much for your reassuring words! Really appreciate it. I feel better now :)

happy plum urchin! I was 12 weeks either friday or sunday (depending on if I go with measurement date or transfer date), so Im a plum too. dont really know what size a plum is!! I said I would wait till 13 weeks to put a ticker up so I like seeing yours. good luck at your scan :kiss:

yellowbell I had terrible nausea that got me through, but other than that Ive not felt much and Im @ 12 weeks! I got a doppler at 11 weeks and listen 2x a week just to make sure bub is still in there, as I dont feel anything. My nipples hurt randomly last night, so you can have nothing for weeks and then bam a symptom. good luck at your scan hope everything is ok :hugs:

Yellowbell - good luck and hope you are reassured tomorrow. My clinic would not let me come in before 7 weeks eventhough I was beyond worried, because they said it can be hard to see anything.

Urchin - excited for your scan today - hope to see a pic!

Hope everyone else is doing well and got to rest lots on the weekend. I stayed up the latest I have since I've gotten my BFP on Friday night - till 2am watching a movie with DH and ordering late night pizza - was nice to have an evening as I've been so exhausted lately. The only way I was able to do it was to nap after work for a couple hours though. I paid for it over the weekend though as I spend most of Saturday and Sunday in bed. I did pick up some scrapbooking stuff though so I can start bubs scrapbook with my 7w and 9w scan pictures, and also decided to learn to knit so I can make bubs first blankie :)

Haven't heard bubs on doppler yet, and its making me nervous. I think its because of the excess fat on my tum :( Its so sad, a year ago before I started all the injectables etc I didn't have that fat - oh well, least its brought me my BFP. I just hope bubs is okay, but my 9w5day scan went well - so it should be right? Do you guys find the heartbeat above your pelvic line or below?

Also, just had a quick personal question for everyone.... have any of you been comfortable bd'ing yet? DH and I did for the first time since before transfer yesterday, and now I'm paranoid.

Dis-I'm ok with the bd-ing. Although I have no 'urge' too lol. It may just be in my head but I think the progesterone suppositories are drying me out?? I told DH lube was a must. We only have like 3 times but the last time I threw on the emergency brakes and requested the lube and it made it more enjoyable in that aspect. I am a little paranoid about it but I think that's only normal.

Urchin-great list to make your day go by faster!

Yellowbell-I'm totally making myself mental over me thinking I'm preggo then thinking somethings wrong. Your not alone. I had pregnancy symptoms and now they are going away or something which is totally driving me crazy. As for you, it's early to see anything at 6 weeks and based on %'s everything will be fine. If your anything like me you'll rest assured tomorrow after you SEE everythings ok and then you'll be a nervous wreck before your next scan. Maybe the further along we get the more settled down we will be! Good luck tomorrow :)

So glad you all are plums!!! Congrats!

Sarah-Too funny you don't know what size a plum is. Do you have mini ornages there? It's comparable to that size lol :) ((I don't know what a prune looks like other than in the tickers lol))

Oh, forgot to add-I changed my scan from tomorrow to today. I'm really paranoid about it since I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms in 5 days now :( It's spring break here and if the appt goes well I'd like to take the kids to the beach for a few days starting tomorrow.

Progesterone suppository ?- I am doing them 3x a day, can I swim with them? Any idea? I'm going to TRY to remember to ask but I thought maybe someone on here already knew the answer lol! TIA

Yellow my symptoms come and go constantly. Every good day I panic and every bad day I curse myself!

Good luck today urch!! Keep us posted ASAP!!

Dis I hear hb half way between belly button and hair line. And not always right in center. Most dr offices won't even try a Doppler until 12 weeks so try not to get crazy, although I understand how frustrated you must be! Keep trying!!

All went well today for me and my wee Eenie Plum!
S/he measured 12+2, so a little over but hey! We also heard a good strong heartbeat and I cried :cry:
Mostly Eenie was resting, but then sprang to life and had a frantic wiggle of arms and legs :cloud9:

We requested not to have the NS testing - but the scanny lady said we do look for things that might be wrong anyway, and everything here looks good to me.

We have some pics, but no scanner to scan them in - so they will have to wait :D

yay urchin :cloud9: I didnt have a scanner so I took mine with my camera and upload hint hint!!! my bub is also 2 days over from my transfer dating, so its hard to know which date to stick too.

kleinfor3 good luck at your scan! lol Ive never really looked at a plum to know the size. a prune I can picture the size though!!

Dis3tnd I have a good layer of fat on my stomach too, do you press down fairly hard? I do. I find mine above the pubic bone nearer the belly button (bub is obviously not there and Im pointing the probe towards my pubic area so I suppose the waves go at an angle from that point and find bub) and found it on the left and right. When my midwife found mine at 10 weeks she was nearer the pubic bone though. Try not to worry, your 9w5day went well so keep that in mind.

hi everyone else!!

Yea trying to keep my scan in mind to keep the worry at bay. I'm pushing fairly hard but I guess I'm searching to low, checking below pubic line. I pushed so hard yesterday that I have a bruise :(

Urchin glad scan went well!

Good luck today Klein!

I think I shall steer clear of doplers - I can see them stressing me more than they reassure!

Just for Sarah
389256_10150744085906023_519771022_11944696_91146633_n.jpg

Awww, thanks for the pic Urch! I am glad Eenie is doing great!

urchin I love it!! very clear baby outline, amazing!
hey I went to wolverhampton university, where do you live?

Urchin-beautiful pic!!! So glad s/he is measuring well and kicked around a bit to say hi :)

My scan-Measured perfectly consistent with 7w1d and I think I o'ed on day 15 of my cycle so that all adds up. I got to see and hear the heartbeat. 145 a minute. It was beautiful. Nurse said everything looked beautiful today. I feel like a ton brick has been lifted off of me. Hubby talked me into telling our kids. We did tell them and I cried like a baby. I also sent out a text message to our close family and friends to let them know. Good day, good day :cloud9:

I'm in Birmingham Sarah - not for too much longer hopefully.... I've been here since 1997 when I came to study, but I want to move back to my home village in Leicestershire :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->