LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Marie - I'm the same ... all I care about is that Eenie and I get through the birth intact - and if she is safer coming out through the sun roof, then so be it :thumbup:

Wow Marie, that is one pushy friend! I am a huge believer in everything natural, but even I am open to a CS or epidural if it is wanted/needed. I have a friend who delivered at home by accident because she had her LO so fast she didn't have time to go to the hospital, but she was having a midwife and natural birth there. She shocked me when I said something about the hospital and she said "and why are you having your baby at a hospital?". She wasn't pushy though like your friend. But I don't think people realize that when you are having multiples or even like myself where you have had over a dozen years of your body not doing what other women's bodies do and need surgeries and medical intervention, that when you finally get pregnant you definitely don't want to take any chances. If I got pregnant naturally 12 years ago I would have done a home water birth, but now all I care about is having a healthy baby to love. Maybe if you explain this to your friend she will back off.

So is anybody else going to post their bump pics? I am so addicted to looking at them in the bump threads. I don't post mine there, but I like to look at all the different shapes. But it would be nice to see you ladies who I have chatted with for so long.

Marie-Wow, I don't know what to say to your friend. Perhaps just ignore her and change the subject! I find it crazy that she's so pushy with twins and this early on she is thinking so hard about it for your and pushing you to do that. Who knows how the babies will even be turned IF you did choose to do a vaginal delivery! WOW. She stresses me out lol. There are other things in the world to be worried about!

WARNING: VENT ENCLOSED!!!!!!
Oh, so this is what my so called father told me today when I went by to check on my grandmother...
You really shouldn't be pregnant..I'm sure people are thinking you 'get around' too much.

OK...FIRST OF ALL I WAS MARRIED AT A YOUNG AGE AND HAD MY SON, MY NEXT MARRIAGE MY HUSBAND ADOPTED MY SON AFTER HIS BIOLOGICAL SPERM DONOR LITERALLY WENT TO THE STORE AND NEVER CAME BACK. I THOUGHT EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT WHEN WE GOT MARRIED AND THEN HE WAS KILLED IN AN ACCIDENT AND LEFT ME PREGNANT WITH MY DD AND MY DS WAS 5YO. ONE WOULD THINK THAT MY SO CALLED 'FATHER' WOULD BE HAPPY THAT HIS ABANONDED, WIDOWED DAUGHTER HAS FOUND LOVE AGAIN AND FINALLY GOT PREGNANT WITH HER MUCH WANTED THIRD CHILD...BUT NO, APPARENTLY I'M A WHORE IN HIS EYES AND SUPPOSIDLY EVERYONE ELSES. UGH. VENT OVER. I SWEAR I ALMOST SAID, WELL THAT'S ONE OPINION OF A FRIED BRAIN DUE TO DRUG ABUSE!

Bump pic at 17 weeks, just lifted the shirt for the second pic! So glad to be an onion :winkwink:

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0716.jpg
    IMG_0716.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 0
OMG Klein! That is awful of him! You have been through so much and have found happiness again and that is all he has to say to you? I'm sorry but what a jerk!

It reminds me of a good friend of mine whose MIL harrassed her for years that she should never have her own kids because her husband already had a kid (an accident from a 3 month 'relationship'). It would be selfish for her to want to have another and it takes love from the kid you have :saywhat:. My friend was so afraid to tell when she got a BFP because she didn't know what the reaction would be. Now she wants another and is fighting the same arguments.

I need to get DH to take another bump pic for me, it has been ages since the last one :dohh:

Ok, my before pregnancy pic, I happened to have snapped one so I could see the weight I needed to loose after doing the medicated IUI's before I went bathing suit shopping one day!

Attachments

• IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 0
Aww, Klein I love your bump! Thanks for posting. :)

I am sorry you have to listen to things like that. I remember your story in the other IVF thread and it was heartbreaking. I am so happy you found somebody to love and who loves you and your kids. Nobody has the right to make you feel bad for that because you have done nothing wrong. :hugs:

Bloody hell Klein - what a shitty thing to say :growlmad:

He might be thinking such a thing, but I doubt very much that anyone else is!

Oh, I just saw your other pic. I don't have any from before IVF. well one where I am laying down reading in my shorts and bikini top, but that is it. I am over weight though so I don't take many body shots anymore (except now). I did take one during IVF when my stomach went out 5 inches! It was crazy.

Mrs B- Thanks. Omg, yes sometimes I wonder exactly how the people who think so twisted actually think they are right. I don't know. He's always been weird like that. When EX went to the store and didn't come back, my father actually had the nerve to ask me if I was keeping him happy in bed?!?! Really?!?! Like if I wasn't keeping him happy then would that justify him leaving us in his mind or something?!?! I don't know. I try not to talk to him, he always puzzles me.
I did tell my grandmother how nice it was to have someone so excited about me being pregnant and how great it is to have DH talk to my belly and know that he's going to be there for us, good Lord willing, I've never had that and I am looking forward to it so much! She seemed happy for us which was nice.

Thank you all for your kind words. Yes, he is psycho literally. All of my other family members, including the parents of my deceased spouse, have been very excited and supportive of us. They all know what we've been thru and they couldn't be nicer.
Ugh, leave it to him to say something stupid and totally unfiltered!

Care-I know, I usually would never have a profile pic like that of me not pregnant. I just knew I needed to loose 5 more lbs of horomone weight and I snapped that pic that day. Then I think I tested 5 days later and got my BFP! Needless to say those 5 lbs didn't get lost lol!

Where did my thanks button go???? Do you all have yours? Mine is missing!!!

I just looked and mine is there now. But it was missing before so maybe there is a glitch in the site.

Ok, lol I was a bit upset about it! Off to 'thank' y'all formally now!

Klein - i can't believe people can be so insensitive. At least grandmom & dh & i'm sure the kids are excited so don't let him get to you. My dh has been given a hard time by his "friends" about having kids so late in life (he is 48 & i just turned 36). They're calling him crazy. I just think you need to surround yourself with people who genuinely care about your happiness as much as possible to compensate for the others.

I'm only 3 months pg but i think my bump can compete with some of yours...at least it seems that way in my head lol. I'll have to post a pic soon.

I don't understand why anyone feels the need to say anything negative ... if we were devastated to be pregnant we'd have done something about it and wouldn't be telling you!
The very fact that we are telling you means we are happy - so any response that isn't congratulations is guaranteed to be unwelcome :shrug:

I am not sure if they have Bonnie Togs stores in the US or UK (they sell Carter's and OshKosh), but there is a onsie sale on, 5 for $9.99. I haven't been yet but I imagine they are the short sleeved ones and I know they are coloured. If you are team yellow you can always get a girl pack and a boy pack and get credit for what you return. I love when that store has sales.

Klein - I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I second everything the other ladies have said.

Marie - As your good friend she has to come to her senses and appreciate you have your own opinion and options for childbirth. I never was interested in a home birth, but my close friend attempted one in December. She labored at home for days with a MW, and her cervix didn't open up. Ended up rushed to the hospital. Unfortunately her little girl suffered a great deal, had severe oxygen deprivation and in the NICU for 3 weeks. She has seizures and they think she has cerebral palsy. I know a lot of home births go right, but one experience like this so close to me is enough for me to never ever want to go down that route.

My abdomen is definitely changing, but it probably doesn't look like much. The bump is just starting to form, I'll be 15 weeks on Tuesday and will probably be a late bloomer. I used to be thin and in good shape (my husband keeps telling me this is all temporary). I'm trying to enjoy being rounder, but it's not all fun and games, especially when the first 5 pounds went to my thighs!

Urch- Totally agree, I hate how everyone thinks their opinion on everything is correct. People should understand what happiness is for some people isn't for others. Some people are happy with 2 kids and some are happy with 3. Some are happy with none!

My husband is quite expressive in his words and he uses this saying all the time--opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one, they all stink and should be kept to themselves! :haha: LOL
Sometimes, he just knows exactly what to say

Marie-Yes, everyone except him is :cloud9: We had a mc at 7 weeks last pregnancy and we told everyone. Everyone knew we were trying again and I was very open to everyone about doing infertility. You would think it wouldn't be a shock to him for me to be pregnant. Ugh, I'm just glad I didn't get his closed minded crazy gene. I guess that is something to feel very blessed about!!!

Sienna-When I was preggo with DD, I didn't start showing until I was 6 months pregnant. I think everything is all fluffy and stretched out more this go round lol! As long as LO is comfy in my fluff I TRY not to worry about the weight. ((with that said, I do weigh every morning and hate seeing the scale :dohh: but I am TRYING to accept it))

LO was moving last night and DD was laying in bed beside me at the time. I tried to have her feel the movement but she said she :nope: Maybe in a few more weeks she'll be able to. She is so funny. After meals and while we are cooking she'll talk and play with my belly, asking the baby if it's hungry and if it's getting exciting for mommy/daddies cooking So sweet :winkwink:
DS doesn't seem too excited about it, of course he has lots of OTHER things on this almost teen mind! He does meet me at the van and offer to carry everything for me and looks after me like that. He keeps insisting for me to wear my 2 piece bathing suit telling me I look beautiful. He's sweet in his own ways. ((getting emotional)) :cry:

Hope everyone has a lovely day today :flower:

Hello all!
I was walking on the treadmill 3 miles each day before I got my BFP in an attempt to lose the horomone weight I had gained. After my BFP I felt like a semi had hit me, no energy and sick all the time. I'm still sick but I managed to get on the treadmill today. I walked by it several times to size it up and to get myself psyched up lol. I had a nice talk with it, I told it...it's just you and me and your going down! I managed to walk 1.5 miles at a nice slow speed. I did have to put a box fan on me so I didn't get too hot and start gagging! I was pretty pleased with myself. Hopefully I will be able to work back up to my 3 miles. I would love to stay as fit as possible. With this being my 3rd I'm a bit concerned with all of the weight rumors and how the 3rd baby really does your body in. I hate to be that way and I'm not trying to not gain weight or anything like that. I just would like to stay as fit as possible and keep my energy level up.
Anyone else doing anything active/working out wise?

The only thing I'm doing is aquanatal class (or Hippo Club as Mr Urch dubbed it!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->