LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Urch-I wish there was more than a senior citizen class offered for that at our indoor pool. Although, I will say. Those older ladies sure can move in the water and they make it look easy!!!

just giggling at the thought of a senior citizen aquanatal class :D

I have a dr appt today. Nothing interesting. According to my sheet they will check urine blood pressure, weight, fundal measurement and hb w doppler. I will update when I get back.
I also cheked the sheet and it looks like the only u/s I will get will be at 21 weeks, my next visit. I can purchase 4D u/s for $120 each. I'm going to talk with DH and see if I can find somewhere else that does a package deal for more u/s at a cheaper discounted price. I have 23 weeks left and I don't see 1 u/s cutting it. So frustrating.

Announcing Klein Baby Names.....
Xander Brenton Nole Klein
Journee Merci Kaydnz Klein
YAY, now we just need the baby here, in due time--lol to have with the name!

I have a dr appt today. Nothing interesting. According to my sheet they will check urine blood pressure, weight, fundal measurement and hb w doppler. I will update when I get back.
I also cheked the sheet and it looks like the only u/s I will get will be at 21 weeks, my next visit. I can purchase 4D u/s for $120 each. I'm going to talk with DH and see if I can find somewhere else that does a package deal for more u/s at a cheaper discounted price. I have 23 weeks left and I don't see 1 u/s cutting it. So frustrating.

Announcing Klein Baby Names.....
Xander Brenton Nole Klein
Journee Merci Kaydnz Klein
YAY, now we just need the baby here, in due time--lol to have with the name!

I also only get one ultrasound, and its at 18 weeks. I haven't even heard the heartbeat yet... I could wait for the ultrasound if i could hear the heartbeat. I'm turning into a nervous wreck! I think we'll do the 4D ultrasound in the third trimester, they are pricey thats for sure!

Cute names! Will you be finding out the gender at your ultrasound?

Yay, awesome names Klein!

I wish the 4D US were only $120 here. I guess because where we are there is no competition at all.

Janers, hopefully at your next Doctor visit you will hear the HB. Usually they don't like to do it until after 12 weeks.

The other day I went out just to get onesies and I ended up getting a bunch of clothes. I only got a sleeper, onesies, a skirt, and sweater that Aria can wear within the first few months. But I bought some cute things for her next summer. A super cute casual dress, a cute hoodie with matching pants (for spring/summer), onesies, and a few tees. My mom also got a bunch of stuff, but mostly for when she is older. So my mom and I made a deal that we won't get anything else until after the showers. My mom is a little crazy right now. She wants to buy everything. Next week Aria still better be a girl or we will have tons of clothes we can't exchange because some were final sale. :dohh:

Janers - I agree that you will probably hear the hb at your next appt. They don't need to do u/s to hear the hb.

Care - I've been the same way. I can hardly find anything for right away but have gotten tons of stuff for next summer. Hoping I will find some things for fall/winter when the new season's stuff comes out in a few months.

I hope you guys are right, this is my first, and in hindsight i should have asked more questions at the first Dr. appointment. Its hard to understand what to expect, and its hard to know the right questions to ask!

Care- That sounds like a fun shopping trip!

Janers - my midwife found the HB for me at my 16 wk appointment ... but I bought myself a doppler off ebay for about £20, so I can have a listen-in in between scans when I get worried :thumbup:

Care - we're also stoofed if they change their minds about Eenie being a girl ... or at least Mrs Urch-in-Law is, as she has spent a fortune on girlie things already!

I was worried they were wrong at mine, especially with DH being so excited about 'his' son :haha: so I even though the first time she said they were sure I was very relieved to have a different tech give the same results.

Hopefully nobody gets a surprise sex change :flower:

We have our 4D scan on 23rd, so hopefully that should confirm things for us!

I had my mw apt yesterday and bubs hb was 160...she said 'are you sure its a boy' and I was like :dohh: thinking of all the clothes I have purchased :haha: I booked an extra 2D scan at the end of the month so will hopefully confirm. My 19 week ultrasound report said 'male external genitalia' so its got to be right! I can see them thinking a girl and being wrong if things are hiding but surely not the other way!!

this is the package I purchased for my scan, I will be 26 weeks....

"Complete Package - This package includes thirty minutes of viewing your baby's activities, listening to your baby's heartbeats, gender determination (if you would like to know), a CD of photos (our sonographer will take between 10 - 40 photos depending on what the baby is doing), and two printed photos. This package is usually $175. plus tax. If you would like this package in 2d, the cost is only $140. (20% discount)"

Dr appt was short and simple. They just checked the hb and it was there so I guess all is good.

I'm sure all of your gender results are pretty final. With all the technology now days its hard to miss something like that.

Sarah - I don't put much stock in the hb theory of gender. My boy has a faster hb than my sister's two girls ever did. I'm sure they were right the first time and you have a little penis growing inside you :haha: Yay for having another u/s booked!

Klein - glad all went well. That is how my appts are these days too. Measure - Do I have any questions? - See ya next time. They don't even do hb at mine since I have the u/s so it is super fast. If only the wait were that short :dohh:

oh thats good to know mrs bear :thumbup:

urghhh the wait....I was having a little freak out thinking theres still 4 months to go and moaning to hubby about how long 9 months is. Im sure it will come quickly and I dont want to wish away the summer, but can we give birth already :haha:

I start prenatal classes and hypnobirthing next week too, so that will fill up some time.

Sarah and Klein I am glad the appointments went well and you got to hear the HB!

Sarah, I think the HB wives tale is more accurate than most wives tales, but at the same time that would probably be 60/40 instead of 50/50. There is lots of room for it to go either way. And that is totally just a guess from others I have talked to.

I am sure he is probably still a he! Not to freak you out, but in some cases a girls parts are swollen and can be confused with boys parts. But that is rare. Even girls turning out to be boys is rare these days. It happens, but the odds are very low.

So then you are doing the 2D? Is that what our regular scans are or are they still a step up? I am just sticking to regular scans. I really think the 4D are cool, but IMO they are so long and I worry about all the scans (because I am paranoid), so for me I don't think we will do one. It would be cool to put in Aria's book though.

care yes Ive heard about the swollen thing, but man they would have been really swollen, as soon as she went down there Im like boy!! :haha: as for the HB perhaps he was jogging in there so his hb was up??!!

and yes I just mean a regular scan, Ive mentioned before hubby is set against a 3d or 4d, he says he will see him in 3d when he is born, and he has a point as we dont know the risks of that technology as its pretty new (Im sure its fine and think its great for others to go for, but just not for us). Its costing me $140 for a 2D scan but I get a CD of photos, which I really want as at my 19 week I just got some profile shots and would like feet, peepee :haha: etc. After the measurements were done I literally saw him for a few minutes at the 19 week scan, I was in shock about finding out the gender and it all went so fast. I figure one more 2D scan is safe, seeing as a lot of ladies on here are getting one per month!

so are you just doing the 2 scans covered by ohip or would you consider a private?

Yeah, if our 20 week scan was our last then we were thinking about booking a private one. We weren't sure, but we brought it up. Now that we are having an extra one I don't think we will.

Mrs. B-IKR the wait is awful. I've been lucky enough to see the nurses up til my next visit. I love my dr but I know how busy he is. If something does wrong then he's at the hospital and I do appreciate that it's next door but who knows how long whatever he's doing takes. Of course, those patients take top priority in my book too. I sure wouldn't want him rushing me while I was in labour so he could get back to the office lol! Oh, well. Just happy to be going to the doctor for the pregnancy! Could just be there for my yearly, staring and drooling after everyone's baby bump, or even worse...waiting due to complications...knowing that everythings not going to be ok. That is the absolute worst
:( Ugh, ok enough of that!

On an up note-I think I may take a stroll to Babies R Us today. DH keeps insisting I make purchases so it's less we have to buy in the end. He is a union eletrician and can get laid off work. So, I guess it makes sense to buy WHILE he has a job! Work looks pretty good for this year but it can all change quickly! My issue is we have NOWHERE to put anything lol. He's 'supposed' to get a good start on DS's room on Saturday. We shall see how productive he is on his off day lol :)

klein - I would window shop at babies r us and get it at Amazon. Almost everything they sell these days is also available elsewhere and amazon is almost always way cheaper. Walmart.com is cheaper on some stuff than amazon even is too. I registered for some at BRU in case people really want to shop a store but my main registry, and where I will buy what we don't get at showers or from family, is all amazon. Amazon is also good for diapers (and has a mom club with more discounts) and Sams has good cheap diapers too. (can't remember if you are one of the cloth diaper ladies as I am old and have preggo brain :dohh:)

It's cool to start thinking about buying stuff. As of now, 15w2d, I have absolutely nothing. I don't think I can be comfortable until after the 20w scan.

Men are so funny. Yesterday we got our first baby present, a gift card for a cute baby store. My husband said, "It makes it more real." I'm sure he was half-serious, but I told him it's been real for me since my kidneys went crazy a long time ago.

Hope everyone's doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->