LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Oh wow Klein, that was scary. I am glad everything is ok with bubs though and that you are already starting to feel better.

Sarah, the prenatal class sounds like a blast! I hope ours is that much fun.

Marie, yay for seeing your little ones! Isn't is amazing to see them move so much but then not feel it? It is bizarre.

omg klein how scary, im so glad there was no sign of bleeding and cervix is closed :hugs:

care isnt your heart ultrasound tomorrow? what time?

Yep, at 9:30 am. Last time they wouldn't tell me much though, so I don't know if I will find anything out. If not I will be harassing my midwife!

Sarah, Mexico was great! It really was too hot though and it drained me! I had to take a nap between the pool and dinner everyday. Also things I could do before were mcuh harder for me. DH and I love to snorkel, and we did this time too, but it was sooo mcuh harder for me to swim with my fins on - they really weighed down on my ankles and my ankles were sore for 2 days after. Excursions out to the ruins were also really difficult, mainly cause my back can't support walking/ standing for long periods of time anymore - especially with swollen feet!

Repeat ultrasound today at 12:30 to get better pics of bubba's heart. Can't wait to see him again!

Urch-Ooo a spa break sounds lovely! Hope you all have a great time.

Good luck Dis & Care w u/s. Have fun seeing your LO's!!!

Happy Hump Day :)

Oh Dis you have yours today! Yay for seeing bubs again!! I am so jealous of the trip. When we went I wasn't aloud to do any tours (too hot they say), parasailing, or anything. :( I guess because of my super crazy ovaries. But it was sooooooooo nice just to relax and worry about nothing! I bet you must have had an amazing time.

So today we had an incident. My husband and I have a booth at the farmers market twice a week and for over a year our boy's bio mom has been stalking us there. Sometimes she is well behaved and sometimes she accuses us of still having her kids and freaks out right there at our booth. She swears and sometimes knocks things over. It is one of the reasons I don't do market anymore since pregnant and I have to call before visiting to make sure she isn't around. Well today she came by and at first was nice and then proceeded to tell my DH that if her worker (she doesn't understand she doesn't have a worker anymore, she lost all rights over two years ago, she is legally not their mom, so the workers ignore her) doesn't get back to her she is coming to our house because she doesn't believe they aren't here. My husband lost it and told her he will get a restraining order and if she ever so much as looks at me he will call 911 and have her arrested. She really stresses me out, so bad I shake and get nauseous. We are worried the stress will effect the baby. So I just got off the phone with the police and they are going to the farmers market to get a statement from my husband. Maybe we should just try to get a restraining order now instead of just reporting it? Not that something like that will keep her away. She is schizophrenic and either forgets things or gets really messed up thinking things happen differently. She always thinks she ever did anything wrong and constantly lies about how and why her kids were taken. I was there, I know why, but she still thinks it is a conspiracy. Sometimes she is sweet and I feel sorry for her and that is why we let it go on so long, and sometimes she is super scary. She tried to climb in my van window once to get to my house. Freaked the hell out of me. The boy's bio father has been in prison prior for shooting a man and is scary too just because you know he has done it before. So I am waiting until after the call to make sure everything is looked after and then I am going to watch tv or something to take my mind off of it.

Wow that is very scary! I don't know what I would do in that situation, other then get the police involved. You can't predict what she's going to do by the sounds of it.

Stay safe! I hope you get her to leave you alone.

Care that sounds really worrying ... I think the restraining order is a good idea - the thought of her rocking up at your house is disturbing :hugs:

any news from the scan possee???

care omg thats awful, I would get the restraining order immediately.....i know you feel sorry for her but she is mentally ill and thats not to be trusted. not only for the stress on your body, but if she realizes you are pregnant what if it sends her over the edge and she attacks you or something. at least then as soon as she turns up you can call police and its more serious.
how did she know to go to the farmers market in the first place? were you guys friendly at the beginning? where are the boys now? I thought they had gone back there when they left you
big :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh dear Care, sorry you have such a horrible situation. What a horrible reminder of what you've been through!

Bubba was adorable today! He kicked right at the ultrasound probe so I got to see all his little toes sooo clearly, so cute! She said the heart looked good. I also asked her to take a peek down there to confirm its a boy, since last time she was a little unsure. It took a while but she finally got him to co-operate! Attached some pics - poor bubba has nooo privacy!

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 8
  • baby2.jpg
    baby2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 9
omg look how cute he is dis!! Icant wait for my ultrasound @ the end of the month as I get a cd of photos and i want one of his peepee too :haha:

I may be biased but I think he's adorable! I can't stop looking at his face, love that it kinda looks like he's smiling :)

Can't wait to see some great pics of your boy!!

Dis - welcome back! and yup, you are definitely having a boy :haha:

Klein - So glad everything is ok :hugs:

Care - very scary. Definitely good that you have the police involved because you never know what someone like that will do. Be sure to keep doors and windows locked at home and in the car. My DH would arm you with a pistol, but I know that isn't for everyone :gun: FX the restraining order does the trick and she stays the heck away. On to a hopefully more positive topic - How did your scan go?

Marie - it is weird how each OB is different in what they see is more important. You can definitely try natural if both are head down but I think I will go c-section either way. I would rather do that then end up with an emergency c-section after hours of labor if one or both is showing signs of stress. Definitely a personal decision. I have seen the strollers facing each other but I think I am going to go with a side by side jogger and use a snap on stroller frame for when they are still in infant seats.

Not much going on with me. Feeling more kicks but not consistent. Went in today to have them measure my cervix again because I didn't feel comforatable waiting a month between checks with us being in the danger zone and the babies not viable yet. All measured well though so looking good :thumbup: Will be super relieved to get to July and know they have a chance even if they come super early...

Dis, seeing your little man made my day! That sure is a good potty shot. I am glad the heart looked good. :)

Sarah, no, she lost her kids and they became crown wards over two years ago. We knew her from about 18 years before when she lived above us in an apartment building. Lets just say we never lived in an apartment again. She did some crazy things then too. But she always used to say we were her best friends and we tried to get as far away as possible. Then fast forward over 14 years of not seeing her (I ducked one time at a pet store though when I saw her, lol) and she saw my husband at the farmers market. She had her oldest son and was pregnat. She said how she just got her son back from CAS and she hoped they didn't take this new baby. Then about 4 months after that we got the call for an emergency placement of two boys, 2 years and 4 weeks, and the mother was a schizophrenic. We put two and two together and told the worker we believe we knew the mom. They then told us her name and yep, it was her. They thought it would be good because she was very paranoid and she trusted us (we thought they were only staying a few weeks). Then things got worse. She stayed away because she knew if she came near us while the adoption was in progress she could hamper the case and she thought at least she knew where they were. In her mind after the adoption she thought we would share them (she said this last summer). Then she has been stalking us at market ever since. She has been kicked out of one of them, but this year she has been back to both.

The thing is, she is paranoid and sick. In her mind we still have the boys and are keeping them from her (one of the reasons the worker thought we wouldn't be a good home for them, but we were going to move away after the adoption for this reason). She knows I am pregnant because she came to our booth when one of our customers asked how me and the baby were doing. You are right, she could think of me as taking her kids and want to get back at me. That is what I am scared of and why my husband won't let her anywhere near me. What if she tries to hurt me so I loose the baby? I wouldn't mind if I weren't pregnant, but this baby is too important to risk.

Whew, long story, sorry. We are getting a restraining order, but I guess the judge isn't in right now. Definitely making sure all of my windows are locked tonight!

Shit Care - keep everything locked and yourself and wee Carelet safe ... not at all what you need hon xxx :hugs:

Care- what a tough situation, glad you and your husband are tackling it together.

Dis and mrsb. - it's great your appts went well!

I seem to have popped a little. It's the smallest bump, but friends and family are already touching it!

What a terrible situation Care.

Sarah, I was looking into packages with DH for 3D ultrasound, and told him how you weren't allowed to do a 3D. He didn't understand why and told me that its the exact same technology, just the software converts images to 3D. That there's no increased risk of a 3D vs 2D. He said his team of practitioners, and most doctors, don't recommend doing it, just because its not a necessary medical procedure, not that it adds harm. A 2D is the exact same as 3D.

Then I was looking at this website and it said the same thing. You may want to share this with DH:

https://babyinsight3d.com/faq.html

"2D ultrasound is the traditional black and white images obtained during your medical diagnostic ultrasound. 3D is an ultrasound technique that provides a three dimensional volume image of the fetus. Usually these still 3D images are captured rapidly in succession to produce 4D real time images of the baby. Three dimensional ultrasound utilizes exactly the same sound intensities as traditional 2D ultrasound. It is the the high tech software that is able to manipulate the information into a 3D picture of the baby."

What a terrible situation Care.

Sarah, I was looking into packages with DH for 3D ultrasound, and told him how you weren't allowed to do a 3D. He didn't understand why and told me that its the exact same technology, just the software converts images to 3D. That there's no increased risk of a 3D vs 2D. He said his team of practitioners, and most doctors, don't recommend doing it, just because its not a necessary medical procedure, not that it adds harm. A 2D is the exact same as 3D.

Then I was looking at this website and it said the same thing. You may want to share this with DH:

https://babyinsight3d.com/faq.html

"2D ultrasound is the traditional black and white images obtained during your medical diagnostic ultrasound. 3D is an ultrasound technique that provides a three dimensional volume image of the fetus. Usually these still 3D images are captured rapidly in succession to produce 4D real time images of the baby. Three dimensional ultrasound utilizes exactly the same sound intensities as traditional 2D ultrasound. It is the the high tech software that is able to manipulate the information into a 3D picture of the baby."

im going to tell him this, he is under the impression that theres more soundwaves going to the baby. so I will tell him its the software. he is in IT so surely he can look that up lol

doesnt help that during our prenatals the women said they dont recommend 3D ultrasounds. but I said to him its because its not regulated here and anyone can set up a clinic, not because its known to be unsafe.

Im sitting here at the computer with a special armour blanket shielding my bump and no cordless phone anymore, so I probably wont be able to convince him :dohh: as long as I see him in 2D again Im happy!

So lookie what turned up on our baby, it's a penis! :saywhat: I almost died laughing. My mom was waiting to come in as my DH couldn't get off of work, and I kept telling her to stop buying things because she might be a he and she didn't believe me. She came in and was like, "it's a girl, right?!" and the tech and I were like "NOPE, definitely not a she". :rofl:

She has a lot to take back. At least I only got from a place where I knew I could get store credit and exchange things if that was the case, but she bought some things final sale and can't return some. :dohh: At least I told her no way on the paint. I didn't want to buy it until we had a second confirmation.

He was laying face down and the tech couldn't get a good profile, this one was the best. All I really wanted was the potty shot though!

Attachments

• 2012-06-14 10.15.41.jpg
    2012-06-14 10.15.41.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 2012-06-14 10.15.59.jpg
    2012-06-14 10.15.59.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics