• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ltttc graduates!

awww your poor DH :thumbup: He'll do fine with whatever is thrown at him when the time comes:thumbup::haha::haha: Scan days I imagine are scary and I bet you'll be so glad to get out of the dnager zone to enjoy things:hugs:

I've always wondered what it would be like to have a younger brother or sister:shrug: That's fantastic you can remember your mum BF etc. and going back and forth to the hospital so this wouldn't all seem so "new" to you in so respects:winkwink:

Ready- That smell of baby detergent makes me broody everytime I smell it, that and baby shampoo :)

Went to the hospital for my combined blood screening this afternoon and as I was leaving a lady was coming in to the labour ward...her poor husband was all flustered, they had a long way to walk and she was obviously having contractions, red faced doing the breathing thing and stopping to take sips of water...he kept talking to her, fiddling with the bag etc until she shot him a killer look and told him to be quiet. She looked like in a lot of pain. Holy crap...isn't there an easier way of doing this? There should be an injection or an IV that just sends the baby gushing out.

:hugs:

I totally get the freaking out part. The idea of labor.......well........... :wacko:

All I can say is that you get a baby out of it. :thumbup:

Also, I forgot that I didn't really use baby towels either. I don't see why people can't just dry the baby in a regular towel. :haha: I did like the baby wash cloths though, they are thinner and easier to get into the nooks and crannies.

And baby detergent.........:cloud9: Love that stuff. I had to open a bin of my baby things to pass to someone and I was hit with the scent of their baby detergent. Loved it. :thumbup: It just smells like baby, iykwim.

How long did your babies nurse Bmom?

About a year for the eldest two and a matter of weeks with the younger ones ,one off my dds was over ten pounds and I just wasn't enough for her and my youngest fed every hour and I finally give in and bottle fed her ,I remember feeling at the time if I give up I would never bf a baby again and here I am seven years later :growlmad:I just want to say I love all you ladies and I'm o happy we are all here together :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Lets talk about "the GLOW"

Jen do you have the Glow?

Has anyone ever had the Glow?

I've got teenage like zits popping up on my forehead overnight and greasy lanky hair that makes me look like I need a shampoo donation....but no sign of the Glow:huh:

Is the Glow reserved for those ever fertile 20yr olds?

I've got teenage like zits popping up on my forehead overnight and greasy lanky hair that makes me look like I need a shampoo donation....but no sign of the Glow:huh:

I never had the glow babe. :hugs:
I felt fat and swollen and sick and awkward. I gained about 50 pounds with my first and second pregnancies.
Oh.......and let's not forget our friend............vaginal discharge! :winkwink: Who can glow with that crap? :haha:

I think the glow is something one says to another person, but never actually feels. :haha:

hello ladies!! :hi:

peacebaby was kind enough to invite me to join this thread. So here I am, stalking a little bit ;) I already love all the advise from you ladies <3. It's so interesting to learn... I have no clue of what am I supposed to be doing in order to prepare! This week I started making a list of the things I might need and I am a bit overwhelmed with all the products out there... sigh; so thanks a lot for the invitation to join! :hugs:

peace, how many weeks are you?

hello ladies!! :hi:

peacebaby was kind enough to invite me to join this thread. So here I am, stalking a little bit ;) I already love all the advise from you ladies <3. It's so interesting to learn... I have no clue of what am I supposed to be doing in order to prepare! This week I started making a list of the things I might need and I am a bit overwhelmed with all the products out there... sigh; so thanks a lot for the invitation to join! :hugs:

peace, how many weeks are you?

Belem :dance::dance::dance::dance::hi::hi::hi::hug::hug::hug:

Welcome Wana B :flower: Thanks for joining us!

Congrats on your :twinboys: So exciting :happydance: Do you know yet whether they're identical or fraternal?

I agree the product choices are overwhelming, so many new gadgets out there. Just glancing at strollers & transport systems..i think buying a car would be easier.

How are you feeling? Is 2nd tri really easier as they say?

Thanks!! :flower:

Twins are fraternal brothers. We did IVF and we put back 2 embryos, we were blessed enough that both of them took! <3 <3

overall my pregnancy has been pretty good. First tri I didn't really get MS that bad (I got sick twice) I pretty much had this constant mild nausea... like I was hangover or something but nothing bad. I tried to drink lots of water (still do), eat lots of fruit (it was one of the things my body welcomed) and listen to my body when I needed to take it easy, nap, eat bread and pasta hahaha :haha:
Second trimester has been pretty easy so far (knock on wood!). The moment I turned 12 weeks the mild nausea stopped and I've felt pretty good. Heavier but good :D
The only thing that from day one (after IVF) I can't get 1 good night sleep... I have to go to the bathroom once or twice and now I am getting a bit restless trying to get comfortable. But that's all.

How are you feeling? how many weeks are you?

:cloud9::cloud9: they're going to be adorable!

I'm about 11wks and still nervous. I started out doing really well with drinking water but then the nausea made me gag on it but I'm getting back into it again...Only 1 major MS episode thankfully & the nausea seems worse from late afternoon & all night but i've had a good few calm days this week. Like you I'm loving fruit, too bad the winter fruits here aren't much of a variety. Yeah, pasta & bread is helping me with the nausea too. Hopefully i'll be more relaxed after next week.

I must be sleeping awkwardly because i've had lower back pain this week. I've read sleeping with a pillow between the knees and on the left side is supposed to help:shrug: Maybe a pregnancy pillow will ease your discomfort?

I'm sure you're going to love shopping for two.

I can see that I'll be reading this thread over & over again...thanks girls thats so helpful.

Bmom...I'm hoping you won't need another month of clomid.

So yesterday I had a reprieve from feeling :sick: all day felt a bit human again but it suddenly hit me late last night and its back today :dohh:

Are you over the MS now Jen?

Yes, it tapered around 12/13 weeks and now at 17 weeks I havent had it for quite a while!

Crystal I think he is more than terrified of everything not just the labour bit. Right now he wavers between detachment and getting excited. His main concern is that i get through the danger zone... You should see him on scan days, white as ghost and nervous:awww:

Ready, thankfully I can be flexible with what I do and I'm free during the summer months when universities are closed. Will probably work more from home as we have zero support network here. My family are all in South Africa, wish I had my mom here. DH has a very small family and they're not really up to taking care of kids. BF is my first choice but of course if it doesn't work, formula it will be. My sister was 2months preemie so my mom spent hours expressing and then drove to the hospital 2x day. They also formula fed to get her weight up quicker. I was 7yrs old (yes it took 5yrs of ttc no.2) and I remember that pump very well!

Jen what's your antenatal/birth system like there? Here we only see midwives and they do the delivery as well unless its a C-section. You only see an OB if like me you're considered at risk. They also push for more home births or birthing centre labours where you can't have an epidural. Gas & air are the main pain relievers they use.

Hmmm here I would say almost everyone I know has had a hospital birth. You have the choice of midwife or OB, it's up to you-personally I opted for OB because of all the complications and preeclampsia I had the first time. I think LOTS of women here get epidurals, but I have a problem that prevents me from being able to have one so i guess we will see what's in store for me. My doctor told me I could opt for a c section bc I had one before...I was like Really? It was 17 years ago though??!! C section is my last resort because I have to be under general anasthetic.:nope:

Went to the hospital for my combined blood screening this afternoon and as I was leaving a lady was coming in to the labour ward...her poor husband was all flustered, they had a long way to walk and she was obviously having contractions, red faced doing the breathing thing and stopping to take sips of water...he kept talking to her, fiddling with the bag etc until she shot him a killer look and told him to be quiet. She looked like in a lot of pain. Holy crap...isn't there an easier way of doing this? There should be an injection or an IV that just sends the baby gushing out.

I totally get the freaking out part. The idea of labor.......well........... :wacko:

All I can say is that you get a baby out of it. :thumbup:

Also, I forgot that I didn't really use baby towels either. I don't see why people can't just dry the baby in a regular towel. :haha: I did like the baby wash cloths though, they are thinner and easier to get into the nooks and crannies.

And baby detergent.........:cloud9: Love that stuff. I had to open a bin of my baby things to pass to someone and I was hit with the scent of their baby detergent. Loved it. :thumbup: It just smells like baby, iykwim.

How long did your babies nurse Bmom?

About a year for the eldest two and a matter of weeks with the younger ones ,one off my dds was over ten pounds and I just wasn't enough for her and my youngest fed every hour and I finally give in and bottle fed her ,I remember feeling at the time if I give up I would never bf a baby again and here I am seven years later :growlmad:I just want to say I love all you ladies and I'm o happy we are all here together :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::hugs:

Oh my no, I look like a bag of hot dung most of the time! My hair is grease city, skin is bad (plus it's winter so I'm vampire pale!) and I feel like I'm carrying weight EVERYWHERE!!! If you go by wives tales then I'm having a girl, don't they say that a girl steals her mothers beauty?? However I looked good with dd, and I was 19, so I assume it's more a youth thing:haha:

:haha: the "glow" .... I don't particularly feel very glowy either..... once I was told (around 13 weeks) that I had this glow so they knew I was pregnant but I never felt it... My hair is acting up, besides I need to retouch my highlights and have been scared to do so...

I do have one of those big maternity pillows. It has helped a lot, you def feel the support in your back and get comfortable but every time I have to turn around I wake up and I don't go back to sleep unless I'm comfortable again. I'm also hot, and if I take the covers off I get cold :wacko: then I have to pee... sigh... long nights. Every time I get up at night I think to myself: this is just practice, when the babies get here you'll be up ALL night... :haha:

so this afternoon I am planning on going to a couple of stores to start a registry... any suggestions on which stores are you favorites?

Glad I'm not alone in my non-glowing status.

Wana B you're organised:thumbup:. I have no idea about stores in the US but i'm sure the ladies have lots for you.

Jen i have heard that too about the greasy hair = girls so lets wait & see about these old wives tales. Your gender scan must be soon now?

Had my first phone call with the midwife and it just felt unreal...i still can't believe this is me.

Not much nausea today but i could easily :sleep:all day long.

Wanna you are still totally beautiful ,:hugs::hugs:Peace ,believe it ,cos it's happening my love ,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I feel like I have to be organized, otherwise I would go crazy. I just want to plan ahead and make sure I don't forget anything ;)

thanks bmom! you are too sweet.

peace, I know that feeling, :hugs: it's like a miracle, and until now it is hard to believe that this is happening to me!

Anyway girls, off to the shops, leaving work early. Happy Friday and happy weekend!! <3

thanks peace, but I didn't have fun... it was overwhelming to say the least.... too many products out there, what to choose? I had some idea of what to get from some friends recommendations, but still, it wasn't easy. So we looked all over the area in many stores on Friday and Saturday and have somewhat of an idea of what cribs to get, the swings and the car seats (and stroller). The rest I will wait a little longer. I am going to get some feeding bottles just in case, although I've heard that if the babies get used to the bottle (the nipple) they won't want to breast feed... ugh... so I don't know... I registered for some baby shampoo/lotion, etc, first aid kit, grooming products, diaper dumpster (I forgot the brand), pacifiers, baby gyms, breastfeeding pillow, some rattles and other little toys and that's it! I had already bought some clothes (I know I need more) and some swaddle blankets/sheets that a friend recommended:https://www.adenandanais.com/shop/bamboo.aspx and that's it! Oh and a breastfeeding cover up...

Anything else I need? :shrug:

of course diapers, but I don't want to get a whole lot of one kind... what if the babies don't like them or get a rash? :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->