Ltttc graduates!

thanks peace, but I didn't have fun... it was overwhelming to say the least.... too many products out there, what to choose? I had some idea of what to get from some friends recommendations, but still, it wasn't easy. So we looked all over the area in many stores on Friday and Saturday and have somewhat of an idea of what cribs to get, the swings and the car seats (and stroller). The rest I will wait a little longer. I am going to get some feeding bottles just in case, although I've heard that if the babies get used to the bottle (the nipple) they won't want to breast feed... ugh... so I don't know... I registered for some baby shampoo/lotion, etc, first aid kit, grooming products, diaper dumpster (I forgot the brand), pacifiers, baby gyms, breastfeeding pillow, some rattles and other little toys and that's it! I had already bought some clothes (I know I need more) and some swaddle blankets/sheets that a friend recommended:https://www.adenandanais.com/shop/bamboo.aspx and that's it! Oh and a breastfeeding cover up...

Anything else I need? :shrug:

of course diapers, but I don't want to get a whole lot of one kind... what if the babies don't like them or get a rash? :dohh:

I think you have done fab ,you still have lots of time so don't panic ,a few vests and slleepsuits ,bibs ,all in ones ,hats and cardigans are always perfect for newborns too ,I think u have just about covered everything ,you akways need loads of blankets for the cot plus pram if it's cold ,maybe a breast pump if you plan to bf ,I fed mine but they would take the bottle too off hubby wen I expressed :thumbup:You are gonna be the sweetest mum ever :cloud9::cloud9::hugs:

:hi:

Wana B i think that is a great start. It really is overwhelmingly with the different brands etc but i think its all much of a sameness in the end? And as you say much of it will be down to trial & seeing what works for the babies. I love the swaddle blankets on that site, thanks :winkwink: I agree on the bottles, especially with 2 you might find you need a break and expressing will come in handy. I'll also be looking out for a BF'ing cover - they seem useful and gorgeous. The one thing i definitely want is a baby carrier like this https://www.babybjorn.com/products/baby-carriers/ I saw a mom at the doctors will one and it looked so convenient. I struggle with wrist pain so i'll it will be helpful to have the carrier

How are things with your sleep now?

Jen, hope you're ok and the back is better. Can't wait to hear about your gender scan :happydance:.

Afm, i am thrilled to say we made it through the NT scan and its all looking good:happydance:. We were so nervous that DH got confused with the parking and ended up taking over 20mins to finally park by which point I was convinced he'd miss the scan. I was too tense to bother with first impressions & pretending that i wasn't nervous. The sonographer looked at us quizzically, I'm convinced she thought we were truly weird, until she looked at my file & realised why. Initially she couldn't get to the NT measurement because baby was upright so instead she showed us lots of other details to put my fears to rest. She showed me the blood flow charts and that made me feel a lot better. She had me jump around the room but when that didn't work (stubborn LO!) she sent me down to the cafe for a sweet drink. I had a massive hot chocolate that finally did the trick lol! So here we are heading into 2nd tri....amazed and so thankful for the blessings from above :cloud9:

Oh Peace I'm so happy for you honey ....happy tears!

Thanks Milty :hugs::hugs::hugs: I still can't believe this is me and not someone else.

So here is our little intralipid munchkin

Ahhh precious ...:hugs:

Now I want to know if we have a little man or a sweet girl...

Haha what do you think? I feel very pink-ish which is unusual for me and i have found little boys flirting madly with me LOL..but not a single gender dream this time :shrug:

awwww baby!!!! HI BABY!!!! so happy for you Peace!!!!!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs: LL now waiting for you ladies to join us :thumbup:

We laughed so much at the report...we're a mixed race couple, I'm Asian (4th generation South African) and DH is Caucasian but they switched us around :haha:

Oh believe me, I hope I join you very very soon....like Yesterday would be nice LOL

Yes I'm getting impatient too but you're moving forward :winkwink:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: LL now waiting for you ladies to join us :thumbup:

We laughed so much at the report...we're a mixed race couple, I'm Asian (4th generation South African) and DH is Caucasian but they switched us around :haha:

Peace I'm confused are you Asian or South African or Both? And what do you mean they switched you?

Milty we're Asian but four generations born and lived in South Africa (spanning over 150yrs), although my grandmother was half Irish. South Africa has many different race groups & mixes including Italian, Portuguese, Greek and English all considered to be South African. They put me down as White and DH as Asian...we're always teasing each other so it was funny.

Oohhh I get it ....for some reason I thought you were considering S. Africa as part of Asia or the docs switched it or something.

FYI my brain is not working today.

peace!!! the baby is so cute!!! I know how reassuring it is to see the little one. I'm so happy everything is fine! :hugs: when is the next appt/scan?

Oh I can't wait to find out the sex Peace!!!!!

Thank you Wana B... I have the Doppler but scans are still the best. I think you get them more regularly though? We'll do a private gender scan in a few weeks when there's something to be seen. I always thought I would stay team yellow but now I know i wouldnt last without knowing LOL.

Yeah me too LL, then the serious shopping can start! I know my mum will be shopping crazily and knitting because its their first grandchild...finally!

Oh peace! Your little intralipid munchkin is absolutely beautiful!

So happy for you.:hugs:

Not too long until you know the gender. What fun. Have you started thinking about names yet?

Thanks ladies :hugs:

No names yet, haven't thought that far ahead yet Ready haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->