Ltttc graduates!

You're right Milty. The first night in hospital when the one of the doctors said they may not be able to stop labour if it got to that point, I was in a total state of shock and i think it would have been worse if it happened then. Now i feel less stressed and even have mental notes - like we'd need to run out and get some preemie clothes etc. So a bit more prepared if one can ever be. DH is a calm cat, I'm the opposite.

Oh Sus sorry theres no one to help with the bottle. C'mon Lia be good to mummy! At the 32 wk scan she was just over 4lbs but the sonographer warned me not to rely on that. I've increased my protein intake though in the hope of fattening her up. Midwife is due to come by tomorrow so I'll hear what she thinks about having another scan. Good to know BFing is do-able with normal clothes, thanks Sus:winkwink:

Peace I never had nursing bras or shirts lol

Sus let her scream... She will start using the bottle. Your boob is not a chew toy!

I'm not sure how to say this right do maybe LL or someone else can help me out.

There are two kinds of crying and screaming you baby will do. The first is there is something wrong. For example she has a dirty diaper or some other NEED.

Then there is the screaming because your not doing what they want. Like letting them chew on your boob. Those screams need to be ignored in a big way. If you don't when they get a bit bigger they will scream NO at you...then a bit latter if you don't do what they want they will through a tantrum. You don't even want to know how they get when they are older.

Babies are learning everything and you are teaching. You doubt want to teach that if you just scream I will give it to you.

Sus, I agree with Milty and Liz..if she's using you for a chew toy then let her cry, its hard but you need to set boundries for her. This will be the first of many :thumbup:

Peace, she's going to be just fine now :) Can't wait to see her!!

Peace, 34 weeks!:happydance: Getting closer to full term! :hugs:

Girls you are all right, I have identified the two different cries now. When there is something wrong I pick her up straight away and when she is just fussing I let her scream. Dad is a nightmare though as he won´t let her scream at all, so when dad is home Lia is a nightmare! And Milty thaks for the warnign that the screaming can get worse! I need to stop that as I don´t like tantums!

Anyway she TOTALLY refuses her bottle now. My health visitor said it is comment for EBF babies, however we are making progress, she is getting better and better at her sippy cup (tommee tippee soft spout one) and she now takes almost two ounces of formula at breakfast and lunch after her purees. It is very slow though, but she hardly spills any milk now and goes back for more. Hopefully she will be able to take a full feed of milk in few weeks time from her sippy cups.

I only offer her the breast now when it is feed time. Before I let her feed on demand, now with the weaning I have strutured times to give her milk. This has reduced the biting now as when I give her the breast she feeds as she is hungre. Nightime though is a different story, she hardly sleeps, she wakes up every hour and she wants to suck, I let her scream, try to give her a paci, nothing, she wants boob :nope: she even reached out and grabbed my breast last night trying to pull it towards her :dohh: anyway, I let her scream unless it is her 2 am feed time, as honestly my nipples are so cracked I dread each feed!

Anyway sorry for the long post, just wonder if you girls have more ideas to get her on the right track.

I posted this on another thread, but here is a photo of Lia dressed as a ladybird. We went to a kiddies party where she had to dress up like that :haha: so funny!

Attachments

• IMAG1818.jpg
    IMAG1818.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 5
:cloud9: Lia makes for an adorable lady bird and she seems happy being one:kiss:

LL you're right in the past none of these things were necessary now all the marketing makes you feel like you have to get everything!

Crystal and Sus thanks again! Yes I can't believe it tomorrow will be 4 wks since the PTL threat started. Midwife says that although she thinks my cervix is slowly moving I might make it a bit further
along. Sus you're right 36 wks is considered absolutely safe as the babies lungs are matured at that stage. A lady on here gave birth at 29+3 last week and thanks to having the shots and his weight being really good her son didn't even need help breathing.I thought it was incredible.

Crystal I'm using your wait to hear from the clinic as a mental milestone - got to hang on until Crystals news comes! So we're waiting together.

Sus last night I looked up teething in my La Leche BFing book - it suggests immediately taking baby off when the biting starts and saying her name to signal that it is not good. Break the physical contact and then pick her up and offer to nurse again - the message here is that feeding ended because of the biting.it says if she is swallowing she won't bite so start with some hand compression so milk flows from the start and she has to swallow & can't bite. It also suggests that if she thinks she can bite a pacifier or bottle because it doesnt react then she'll think it's ok to bite all sucking sources so the book says avoid these :shrug: obviously I have no clue whether any of this will be helpful!

Lady H huge congrats on full term:happydance::happydance:

Wana B hope you & the boys are thriving!

It's getting warmer and the days are brighter, enough to make me smile. So glad to see the back of winter:thumbup: Hopefully next week I can go out for a little while and enjoy the sunshine.

Here's to a happy week for all:flower:

Oh Sus she is a doll!!!!

Unfortunatly I think it's just going to take letting her cry. She has gotten used to your boob as comfort and she knows what she wants. As soon as she realizes your boob isn't going to be her comfort item she will begin looking for something else. I would be ready with whatever you find acceptable. This may take a few days... :hugs:

Sus, Lia looks so cute :cloud9: but hey aren't lil babies clever at getting what they want :dohh:

Jax, they are very clever at getting what they want!

Well,.I bought her the Sophie the Giraffe teether and she is chewing on it so it could work as a breast substitute for chewing. For sucking she is happy sucking her comfort blanket's ear... and I moved her crib a bit further from my bed so she cannot reach out for me through the bars.... lets see if it works. I never thought babies could get so attached to the boob! Lia holds it and caresses it when feeding as if praying that it never leaves her, its so funny!!! My Health visitor told me that is the only disadvantage of breastfeeding

Peace, thanks for the information, will do that as well. That is one of the reasons why she is refusing to suck from her bottle, she bites them instead!

Yes Peace only two more weeks to the magic 36 and from there you are full term and in safe zone! Yay! And lady H is full term! Wow! Time flies!!

Peace...thinking of you always and I know she will behave for you

Sus stay firm and she will learn. You are doing great!

:hugs: LL thanks... Thinking of you too, in fact I was trying to work out where you are in your cycle:blush: sorry just can't help myself.

AHAHAHA

Well I started AF on the 14th so you can do the math LOL

Hello ladies!!!
Just a quick hello to all! We are doing fine, very busy but fine ;) I promise I will post more when I gave a minute.
Hugs to all!! :hugs:

Liz you should be O'ing very soon indeed :)

WanaB- So glad your doing well, enjoy every minute :hugs:

Peace, glad your little one is still hanging on in there :thumbup:

Still lurking and reading but being a cr4p poster. Not sleeping well and brain has turned to rice pudding! Hugs to you all xxxx

Lol oh Crystal, I'm not even thinking about it I swear

Good luck Lady H, not long now :happydance::hugs:

Wana b, lovely to hear from you, have you got any pics of your gorgeous boys you can post - desperate to see them!! :happydance::hugs:

Peace, have you been out for a gentle walk yet? The sunshine looks gorgeous out there, it's going to get colder again next week :0(

:hi: Wana B and Lady H glad all is well. Lady H you're next :happydance:

LL..can we think about it for you? This is your cycle after all the meds :winkwink:

Jax, i'm so tempted to get out today..cabin fever is driving me :wacko: You're right I think i've earned a slow walk to the park and maybe i'll just chill on a bench for a while. Cold again next week? Urghhh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->