• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ltttc graduates!

Hello ladies,

I have been reading this link for quite some time and have read almost all the posts so far, but thought I'd skip ahead and post something of my own.

I am new to this thread, although I have posted on this forum before.

I am 37, expecting my first baby girl, have never been pregnant before and the first trimester was extremely scary for me not knowing what to expect. I am considered to be a high risk, first because of my age, then tests coming back a likely chance (1 in 26) of carrying a baby with Down Syndrome. That risk was increased with an echo focus in her heart found at what was meant to be my 19 week ultrasound scan, but then found out that my dates of gestation were out by about a week and so I will be going for another ultrasound scan to reassess the risks in two weeks on the 22nd. I will also be having more scans (every four weeks) to monitor growth as my Papp A tested low at 12 weeks gestation. I am now 21 weeks and two days and in the past week and a half I have felt her kick a lot, although it cannot yet be felt on the outside.

My partner and I have decided not to do any invasive tests (amnio or cvs) as we will be keeping her no matter what.

I am so excited to be a mummy, but have my good days and bad days.

Wishing everyone a happy mothers day/happy mothers to be day. :cloud9:

Hi I also had low PAPP A and lots of extra growth scans. I also had an amnio which came back clear. Madam arrived 9th May a perfect 6lb 12.5 oz. I hope everything works out just fine for you :hugs:

Hope you are all well :hugs::hugs:

Thought I'd share a pic if you don't mind...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 9
Hello ladies,

I have been reading this link for quite some time and have read almost all the posts so far, but thought I'd skip ahead and post something of my own.

I am new to this thread, although I have posted on this forum before.

I am 37, expecting my first baby girl, have never been pregnant before and the first trimester was extremely scary for me not knowing what to expect. I am considered to be a high risk, first because of my age, then tests coming back a likely chance (1 in 26) of carrying a baby with Down Syndrome. That risk was increased with an echo focus in her heart found at what was meant to be my 19 week ultrasound scan, but then found out that my dates of gestation were out by about a week and so I will be going for another ultrasound scan to reassess the risks in two weeks on the 22nd. I will also be having more scans (every four weeks) to monitor growth as my Papp A tested low at 12 weeks gestation. I am now 21 weeks and two days and in the past week and a half I have felt her kick a lot, although it cannot yet be felt on the outside.

My partner and I have decided not to do any invasive tests (amnio or cvs) as we will be keeping her no matter what.

I am so excited to be a mummy, but have my good days and bad days.

Wishing everyone a happy mothers day/happy mothers to be day. :cloud9:

Hi I also had low PAPP A and lots of extra growth scans. I also had an amnio which came back clear. Madam arrived 9th May a perfect 6lb 12.5 oz. I hope everything works out just fine for you :hugs:

Hope you are all well :hugs::hugs:

Thought I'd share a pic if you don't mind...

Oh my god, Lady H, you have done it, she is perfect. Congratulations and many happy moments with your little girl. What did you name her?

Thank you for your kind words and support. I have a few more issues with this pregnancy than just the low PAPP A, but I am almost certain (gut feeling) that my little one will be fine. I am having an ultrasound scan next Wednesday to monitor growth and various other things. Looking forward to seeing her on the screen again. :hugs:

Aww Lady H she is a darling:cloud9::kiss:

You did so well! Hope your recovery is speedy and you're enjoying all the cuddles:hugs:

Hi Ladies

I'm new to this site and was wondering if I could please join this thread? I'm 38 and am currently 4 weeks pregnant.

We've been TTC since February 2009 and have had several failed cycles of IVF/ICSI with immunes. We stopped TTC in September last year and decided to just get on with our lives until we met a lovely lady who offered to be a surrogate for us. Just as I was getting ready to start the cycle to produce the embryos for the surrogacy, I found out I was pregnant naturally. I'm still in shock and getting used to it and thought it would be nice to interact with other people who are in a similar situation to me.

Anyway, I hope it's ok to join in?

4 weeks should read '14 weeks' but I'm not sure how to edit a post yet. :-D

Welcome and congratulations Mandy!!

What an amazing story! Wishing you a happy healthy 9 more months. Looking forward to sharing the journey with you.

Ladies hope everyone else is ok!

Looks like my girl is still very comfy in there no sign of anything yet except for some spotting but that's been on/off for weeks now. I hope I don't end up being induced that would be strange after all the preventative measures.

Happy weekend everyone:hugs:

Lady h she is totally adorable :cloud9:well done my lovely . Miracles really do happen :hugs::hugs:

Happy almost 38 weeks peace :thumbup:that would teach you if she was late :haha:but I don't think she will be :hugs:

Hi Mandy and welcome . Such fab news on your pregnancy . Well done and you have been very lucky to find this thread . The women in here are amazing Hun and the support is wonderful . Congrats again :hugs:

Lady H she is adorable!

Mandy welcome and CONGRATS!

Peace OMG she is being a good princess and coming on time ;-)

Thank you so much for the welcome!

I feel it is time to move on from my old home on Fertility Friends as I'm just getting far too depressed by everyone's stories. I've had a hell of a time getting to this point too but I just want to move past the pain and the hurt and enjoy the present and the future.

I really look forward to getting to know all you lovely ladies. :)

Mandy :hi:

Peace: what can I say look whos still pg!:haha:

Lady H: precious :hugs:

LadyH, she is beautiful :hugs::hugs:

Peace, Oh my almost 38 weeks:happydance::happydance: who'd have though after all the trouble you'd still be going strong. Well done you:hugs::hugs:

Mandy, welcome!!! you've found a great thread to call home:hugs: I agree its time for you to look forward and enjoy your pregnancy :)

Hi Milty, LL, Bmom and everyone else:hugs::hugs:

Lady H, she is perfet and beautiful!!! So happy for you :) :)

Hey Ladies,

Been wicked busy and crazy at work. I have hired on my replacement for mat. Leave, and she sarts July 1!!!!! She's a seasoned nurse research coorinator, so my patients will be in good hands!

125 days to go!! 2 more weeks until V day! Wow! Soooo. Much to do still lol. Starting to look a place in Cali too! I told the kids to picture Halloween in LA! As we will be there! Lol. DH is busy....movie after movie, God bless him! But he might jump ahead to the States before us to get things squared for our home etc...

Feeling good otherwise, have this weird sensation sometimes...when I make a move that is too quick and I might. Be bending,I feel this sensation like hitting my funny bone in my arm, but it's in my belly. Really weird, dunno what or why. It goes quickly as it comes but it's uncomfortable....anyone have this? Dh is teasing me these days and says I walk like a pregnant lady, I told him to get used to it and shaddup! Lol.

How is everyone??? Reading back posts to catch up. As I the his baby Niskicking as wants to say hi to his virtual aunties. Peace, love, :babydust: and :hugs:

Mandy :hi:

Peace: what can I say look whos still pg!:haha:

Lady H: precious :hugs:

MILTY!!!!!!!!!! Omg omg omg FX'ed it is staying wow! Happy for you, got goose bumps typing this :D :happydance:

Thanks Rasha !!!

But to be honest I havnt got excited yet...I really just feel confused

Yes I did and I don't think it was good.

It started looking like last nights test but started fading. There was this dang piece of fuzz on it I couldn't get off so I didn't get a pic before the fade. I did go ahead and take a pic around the 10 min mark but it's not focused right (fuzz again). A line expert might see something. Now I got the fuzz off but it's really like there was nothing there.

I would like to also mention I totally feel like AF is here. Ive been wearing protection for 2 days including last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->