M/C or hook effect?

not2ez2bgreen

Reaction score
I took a few tests four weeks ago and got one faint and 2 clear BFP's.
I decided to take another test as a keepsake. (I know I'm a weirdo) but the other tests that I got my positives on four weeks ago used really concentrated urine and they look gross.
Anyway, IF I was four weeks when I got a positive test, (not certain I was because my little guy is only 6 months old and I haven't had a postpartum period) then I would be about 8 weeks. The tests I took today are totally and completely blank. Stark white negatives. If I were having a m/c would I be getting negative tests even before bleeding? Someone else mentioned the hook effect, so I diluted my urine 1 part urine to 1 part water and it was still stark white negative. I don't know what to think. I don't feel any different.

Personally Id visit a doctor. I dont think tests are a reliable way to judge if anything has gone wrong with a pregnancy but I think it's slightly odd that a test would be totally negative and Id want bloods or a scan for clear answers. I'm sure if your visit your doctor they wouls agree to investigate. Praying for a good outcome for you!

Oh for sure. I have an appt tomorrow at 5 but I got the negatives Friday morning so the wait is driving me crazy.

I don't think its a good sign, sorry hun. There should have been some sort of line even if faint. Hope you get some answers soon, how cobfusing for you.

I have heard of getting a false negative because of the hook effect but I have always had a line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->