Making a Baby

It's ok, I had geared myself up to not be disappointed as much as last cycle when AF showed. my back pain at least has a cause, I had this feeling it was more from AF than carrying DS around a lot.

I hope someone here gets a bfp, with the whole 20% bfp rate thats got to mean at least one of us per month ;)

Aww Disney, sorry AF has arrived. But August is an awesome birth month, my second was an August baby!!! Hehe.

I have really thick hair, my whole family does, so I've never had that hair issue!! He looks so cute thou. And wow, that pumpkin is awesome!!!

And yes the tests arrived this morning, bfn. Sigh. BUT, my chart got all screwed up this morning!! So, you can see it's gone sorta triphasic where it has done a second jump in temps, so when I put my temp in this morning it suddenly changed from solid crosshairs at cd17, to dotted crosshairs at cd24!!! I did NOT just o a few days ago!!! But do you remember I had a crazy low temp at like 3dpo, but also noted a higher one the same morning? So I changed that temp back up to the higher one, and boom, FF moves my crosshairs back, but now to cd18. Lol! Actually cd18 makes more sense going by my other symptoms anyway, so I'm going with it. Which means I'm only 9dpo so I'm still really early!!! I might try waiting till 11dpo for another test.

Also, I went and helped a mum with breastfeeding her week old adorable squish! I got lots of cuddles, and breathed in that newborn smell. Ahhhhhh, so clucky!! And bonus, we got breastfeeding working for her!!! Lol

I just hope this will 'the' cycle or we will have to take a month off as my parents are staying with us in Dec, DS and I are going up the coast to visit friends them during what should be my fertile time... without dh too as he has to work and can't get that time off. I can't cancel or postpone trip as my parents are only here for a few weeks and it goes by fast. Personally I don't want to tell them we're trying and have to explain why it's not happened yet for us, I'm still annoyed that dh told his sister because every time I'm slightly sick she assumes in pregnant and it's depressing to to say no, I'm not, it's just a cold.

An August baby would be nice, any month would be nice if it's sooner than later to be honest.

I took a nap with DS today and he had my kindle out when we woke up, he found the throwback part of the photo gallery, pictures and videos of him at around 6 months old it hit me that I really want another one more than I let myself hope, maybe it's pmsing but I teared up and hugged the crap out of DS, he gave me lots of kisses and then went back to asking for his candy from last nights trick or treating, in only a way that a toddler can abruptly change the subject lol.

DH said I was too calm when I told him af was here, he told me it's OK to let myself really feel how much we both want this, and said that he was sad last night when I said I felt like af was on its way but kept it back because he didn't want to upset me, made me love him that bit more :)

Flying duster, it probably picked up on the first dip below coverline (after you actually o'd) as o, and the second have been looked at as implant dip by their software. Sometimes it's finicky for sure! I'm glad you got it figured out :)

Nope, the big dip below coverline after my o was on cd 21, it put dotted crosshairs at cd24. I changed cd21 to what it currently is, and it moved crosshairs back to cd18... I haven't changed any other temp except cd21 cos it was such a huge anomaly. Cd 24 that it tried putting it on this morning is where it does another jump upwards in a typical triphasic way. I thought they had triphasic as a thing in their systems, so I didn't expect it'd go changing my O on it! But whatever, cd 18 makes more sense than the cd17 it was on, so I'm happy. I am feeling happy right now to wait until 11dpo to test again.

FF thoroughly confuses me Flyduster. It has a mind of its own. I tend to leave my CM alone or I know it will move my crosshairs..LOL Even last cycle, I was like "I SO did not ovulate 2 days later than what I thought"...HECK...I didn't really ovulate at all :haha: Luckily a friend of mine on another board convinced me to just get some opk sticks to help me out since I'm on the Soy Iso this cycle. I took her up on it and will get them in the mail today :mail:(opk pushers..lol) I'll see if I have any LH in my system in two and a half hours...yup, I'm counting:blush:

Disney your husband is a dearheart. He could see right through you. :hugs: And I'm with you on having to wait a cycle or two to get back to it. My sister wants me to babysit during her honey moon next September and I don't want to be traveling with a super dooper newborn or 9 months pregnant... But I am really really really ready for a break now if I don't get pregnant with this cycle. I'll still do my OB appt. later this month to establish care but will wait a good bit to really try again unless my OB says I need to step it up. :shrug:

Lyo: FX for when hubby gets home today.

So, I felt like I might O today last night. I'm not bleeding anymore and husband donated a large IVI sample for me (why thank you). I'm wasn't really in the mood and he is was too into his video games LOL...plus its way early to be ovulating. So it was a just in case IVI. We will have to get busy this by Friday for sure as FF has me ovulating on Monday and we just don't do too well on week days. I mean IVI is ok but a regular romp is preferable.

Hello Ladies. I hope this is the right place to post this but I am in need of some opinions on what could possibly going on with me. :wacko: I am currently on CD18. Today is the first day out of my 6 day fertile window according to the Ovia App that I use to track it. Last month I ovulated the last two days of my fertile window (I took ovulation test which verified this.) I thought I may just ovulate the last two days of my fertile window again so I didn’t take test throughout the whole window, but I did take tests the last three days and they were all negative. So I am not exactly sure when I ovulated. It could have been the first day or the few days after that. I am not sure. If it WAS the first day I am now, 6DPO (but I am not going to say for sure.) But, two days ago I had some slight cramping and then noticed some light pink blood just when I wiped. I chalked it up to possible ovulation bleeding & cramping. I also had some EWCM during the day. I decided to take the ovulation test that evening, but it was negative. Yesterday the blood turned brown, and was very light again. Only once or twice when I wiped yesterday. Then this morning, right after I woke up I went to the bathroom and noticed very dark blood, I almost thought it looked black, but it was mixed with what seemed to be CM in a small glob. SORRY TMI! It was only when I wiped and I stared at it probably a little too long because I was confused and thinking what is this?!? Last month I did not bleed at all during my ovulation week. So I am really confused as to what this is. Is it just old ovulation blood seeping through or something else? It seems it would be too early for implantation bleeding, so I don’t really think it could be that. Anyone have any ideas?? Note: I have a pretty much regular 28-29 day cycle.

BABY DUST TO EVERYONE!!!:happydance:

Baby faith, the Ovia app giving you your fertile window is just an average guess, it can still vary hugely by weeks in either direction for maaaany reasons, so you really need to pay attention to your body more than the app.

Not sure how much bleeding is normal for O bleeding, but I have heard from some it can be quite a bit, so maybe it is O bleeding??? Seen you had EWCM before....

Ovulation sticks aren't a guarantee either, sometimes you don't catch the surge but you still ovulate, sometimes you get a surge and you don't ovulate! Or sometimes you get a surge and ovulate that day, or you get a surge and don't ovulate for another three days... Lol!

Either way, get some bd in and good luck!

Hello Ladies. I hope this is the right place to post this but I am in need of some opinions on what could possibly going on with me. :wacko: I am currently on CD18. Today is the first day out of my 6 day fertile window according to the Ovia App that I use to track it. Last month I ovulated the last two days of my fertile window (I took ovulation test which verified this.) I thought I may just ovulate the last two days of my fertile window again so I didn’t take test throughout the whole window, but I did take tests the last three days and they were all negative. So I am not exactly sure when I ovulated. It could have been the first day or the few days after that. I am not sure. If it WAS the first day I am now, 6DPO (but I am not going to say for sure.) But, two days ago I had some slight cramping and then noticed some light pink blood just when I wiped. I chalked it up to possible ovulation bleeding & cramping. I also had some EWCM during the day. I decided to take the ovulation test that evening, but it was negative. Yesterday the blood turned brown, and was very light again. Only once or twice when I wiped yesterday. Then this morning, right after I woke up I went to the bathroom and noticed very dark blood, I almost thought it looked black, but it was mixed with what seemed to be CM in a small glob. SORRY TMI! It was only when I wiped and I stared at it probably a little too long because I was confused and thinking what is this?!? Last month I did not bleed at all during my ovulation week. So I am really confused as to what this is. Is it just old ovulation blood seeping through or something else? It seems it would be too early for implantation bleeding, so I don’t really think it could be that. Anyone have any ideas?? Note: I have a pretty much regular 28-29 day cycle.

Hi!! :)

I agree with Flyingduster. Get some bding in as that is majorly strange. I can only hope you haven't quite O'd yet or just did. But I have never heard of that type of CM before with dark blood. I thought implantation blood should only be a little bit the day of or after.

Keep us posted as to how you are doing. Also, how many days was your previous cycle? Have you taken an hpt?

FF thoroughly confuses me Flyduster. It has a mind of its own. I tend to leave my CM alone or I know it will move my crosshairs..LOL Even last cycle, I was like "I SO did not ovulate 2 days later than what I thought"...HECK...I didn't really ovulate at all :haha: Luckily a friend of mine on another board convinced me to just get some opk sticks to help me out since I'm on the Soy Iso this cycle. I took her up on it and will get them in the mail today :mail:(opk pushers..lol) I'll see if I have any LH in my system in two and a half hours...yup, I'm counting:blush:

Disney your husband is a dearheart. He could see right through you. :hugs: And I'm with you on having to wait a cycle or two to get back to it. My sister wants me to babysit during her honey moon next September and I don't want to be traveling with a super dooper newborn or 9 months pregnant... But I am really really really ready for a break now if I don't get pregnant with this cycle. I'll still do my OB appt. later this month to establish care but will wait a good bit to really try again unless my OB says I need to step it up. :shrug:

Lyo: FX for when hubby gets home today.

So, I felt like I might O today last night. I'm not bleeding anymore and husband donated a large IVI sample for me (why thank you). I'm wasn't really in the mood and he is was too into his video games LOL...plus its way early to be ovulating. So it was a just in case IVI. We will have to get busy this by Friday for sure as FF has me ovulating on Monday and we just don't do too well on week days. I mean IVI is ok but a regular romp is preferable.

He told me that when I'm super quiet it's easy to read me haha, yeah Dec is a no go for TTC and we're supposed to go home to the UK in Sept, I am thinking we'd move the trip forward to may or june and get over my nerves of flying whilst pregnant if I can get pregnant before then. I keep reminding myself that it took 6 ish months to conceive DS but only one was with OPK's, even cycles before that where we had perfect timing didn't work out, that darned low 20% of well timed BD'ing resulting in pregnancy is not something you really think about before ttc I guess. I swear everyone and their mother around me are announcing pregnancies :shrug:

babyfaith11, I have to test at least a few days either side of when I think I am likely to O, like last cycle... I O'd earlier than usual and mistimed BD and BFN as a result. As long as you get plenty of BD'ing in, you should have a chance :)

Well me and Dh have been bding but today he did load me up ever since the brown stopped. I have ewcm so well see. We always would dtd with previous loss so we had high chances but this time barely 1 time loaded up so not too optimistic about it.

Hows everyone doing?

Well jalanis, it only takes one time!!! I conceived my first on one bd a day or so before O; the closest prior to that had been like 5 days prior to that one... Haha. So fx you are Oing and you've caught it!!!!

Hugs Disney. Totally everyone around you is preg when you're TTC hu. Xxx

I'm ticking along fine. Got loads of weird mild cramps, more of dull aches and weird flutters. I'm assuming there must be something I've eaten causing it!! Contemplating with whether I'll test tomorrow morning or not. I feel like it's just as likely to be bfn, and I'm loath to waste a test!! I will find out in only a few more days anyway! But on the other hand, I wannnnnna test!!! Lmao. I'm leaning towards waiting.

I can feel your urge to test! Im a sucker for waiting to test lol i cant resist it. Its addicting :haha: ive been having ewcm for a few days when i wipe its creamish with clear. So not sure if im about to O or maybe i already did. But i remember last time i did have O pain so not sure if i will this time around. Plus im not even sure when to even test since idk when AF should arrive. I will symptom spot my bbs though. Those are almost always accurate before AF and when its a bfp.

Cant wait to see your test! Hopefully a bfp!

Caved and did an early test at 9dpo and got the expected BFN. Was hoping the throbbing cramps I felt at 6dpo was implantation related. The ic test I used is 20miu so I know it was unrealistic. Will see if my temps stay nice and high like this mornings spike after the dip I got yesterday. I am going to try holding out to retest til just before AF but I am skeptical that I will be able to hold out that long

Jalanis, can you track your temp?? It night help give a better picture?

So I'm currently feeling ok to wait still. If I can get past the FMU without testing, then I'm good to wait another day. I miiiight test on Sunday, just cos DS is with the in laws on sat night so it'll be a quieter house on Sunday morning. But by then AF is due the next day so I may as well wait another day really and see if she arrives I guess.

Ah well, let's see how long I can hold out!!

Hi!! :)

I agree with Flyingduster. Get some bding in as that is majorly strange. I can only hope you haven't quite O'd yet or just did. But I have never heard of that type of CM before with dark blood. I thought implantation blood should only be a little bit the day of or after.

Keep us posted as to how you are doing. Also, how many days was your previous cycle? Have you taken an hpt?

I don't remember having this either ever during ovulation. But there was more today, its all just brown blood with cm. My cycle was 29 days last month, and then I was on AF for 4 days. I took a hpt last month but of course it was negative and then AF came. I have been tracking my BBT, but I don't feel I have been tracking it long enough for it to tell me anything. I try to pay attend to my cm, which I had a lot on the 26th, but I was more like school glue, which of course it not at all fertile. My BTT was 98.3 that day and then jumped to 98.7 the next day (I take it before I get out of bed each morning) and then since then it has been in the 99s. I'm new to all this tracking and so confused! But I will keep you all updated! Thanks so much!

Idk how to do the temp :haha: ive never done it. Where do you all actually temp? Im old school and just go by a period tracker Ovulation calendar thing. But since i havent received AF since miscarriage i dont even know where im at lol im lost.

Idk how to do the temp :haha: ive never done it. Where do you all actually temp? Im old school and just go by a period tracker Ovulation calendar thing. But since i havent received AF since miscarriage i dont even know where im at lol im lost.

Hello! I actually just use a regular thermometer to track my temp. But some people use a basal body thermometer. But with my regular thermometer I just take my temp like normal before I get out of bed each morning so it can read my true temperature. Once you get up and start moving it can cause your temp to rise. They say when you ovulate that your temperature drops and then spikes after ovulation. But of course I am sure this is not an exact rule, as everyone is different.

Hello! I actually just use a regular thermometer to track my temp. But some people use a basal body thermometer. But with my regular thermometer I just take my temp like normal before I get out of bed each morning so it can read my true temperature. Once you get up and start moving it can cause your temp to rise. They say when you ovulate that your temperature drops and then spikes after ovulation. But of course I am sure this is not an exact rule, as everyone is different.

Where do you temp? Forehead, under arm? Etc etc? I would like to try this.

I just temp orally. But I am sure as long as you are consistent it doesn't matter where you temp!:)

Orally or vaginally and FF has tutorials here, whichever way you pick, stick with it through your cycle so it's consistent, take at the same time every day before you get out of bed, mine rises fast if I get up and do things first and drops if I don't take it before DS comes in an rips the covers off me to get up now that it's in the 50's when we wake up :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->