Making Christmas Special For Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Is there anything you do that makes the kids Christmas a lil special?

Last year We decided every year to buy Caitlin ONE bauble/tree dec just for her every year. So now we're having number 2 I plan the same ...what I have done is bought a little pink tree and I'm going to grab a second in advance this will be theres for there room and their yearly tree decorations will go on their very own tree :mrgreen: when they are old enough to point and pick out they will pick their own decoration for their own little tree!

We bought Caitlin her own yearly advent calender - wooden princess with little draws so we can add my own gifts/surprises/chocs in there each year :cloud9:

Last thing I plan/idea although not this year is make my livingroom tree theirs! Because we're having 2 girlies I've decided next year we will have a themed Disney tree :blush:

My Christmas is becoming about my kids :D

What about you guys? Do you do any of this? Do something else?

x

We have bought kieran annuals every christmas, we buy the beano one every year an one other depending on what hes into, this year he can choose his own. We will do it with Paige aswell, but at the moment stuck to figure out a annual that comes out every year for girls.

Next year once there both abit older i'm hoping to take them to the llangollen railway to see santa, something i aways remember doin.

I like your idea of a decoration each year.

One thing is my two will always help my decorate the tree as my dads ex never let me do this because she wanted it to be be perfect, part of xmas is putting the decs up! x

Awww what sweet ideas:cloud9:

Well my kids all get there xmas pyjamas for xmas eve and they help me decorate the tree and the youngest 1/2 puts the star on. They all get little advent calenders and they all get a little teddy either from Santa or from me:cloud9:

On xmas eve we usually watch a xmas film in the living room with the fire roaring just to get into the mood :cloud9: Then the kids help me get Santas treats out:cloud9:

As well as their Santa pressies I wrap loads for them under the tree for when I put the tree up and they each get one bought for each other even if its only socks/boxers. What has become abit of a tradition is that my eldest son gets bought a jar of tomato sauce all wrapped up.:rofl: Its abit of a joke in our house as he uses so much of it:rofl:

I think thats all I can think of :D

Wobbles, my mum did that for us, too - got us each a special ornament every year. It's pretty neat to have that collection now!
I love the idea of a reusable advent calendar that you fill with your own treats - very creative. Might have to steal that idea! :)
For the past few years, I have given in to my childhood passion for playmobil and bought playmobil advent calendars. I figure those will be good resuables for awhile, anyway!

every year for a good few years me and my sister got a big bear in a case. Dunno where my mom used to get them from but they were kinda good. They were christmas themed and had the year on. Limited editions too. I still have some in my loft. Might be worth somethin now. lol doubt it tho. x I like the idea of a christmas ornament tho. They are small and can be kept right thru to adulthood. xx

well our kids have their own stockings which is nice hanging by the fire. rhys keeps going next to them and saying 'mummys''daddys''ffions' and 'mine' haha

we did buy rhys an advent calender yesterday but he got all upset when i told him he wasnt allowed all the chocolates so after 2 hrs of tears i gave in and we all shared it together.

this year ive bought the kids pjs,slippers and dressing gowns which they can open on christmas eve which i thought was quite a nice idea, and we will of course leave some milk and a cookie for santa on christmas eve.

i also think that next year we will buy a bigger tree and let the kids have the little one we have now in their bedroom.

im not quite sure what else we might do... maybe i should update this post after christmas with some fresh ideas!

We do the 1 decoration each thing too. We did it last year (just me and OH) and we will do it this year with all three of us (four including the cat :lol:)

Gonna buy Tegan a wooden advent calendar next year when she's old enough to know its christmas! lol

Not sure what else, sure I'll think of something :)

Ooooo I forgot about the annuals lol I use to get those :lol:

I have a stocking for bump already lol Got 2 that match for the end of their beds :D & bought PJs and slippers for Moo - forgot about that haha Really cute sets in Matalan!

We're going to get Hannah a new set of PJs to open and wear every xmas eve and have decided on getting her a small snowglobe every year, hopefully one appropriate to what shes into at that time so when she is older can remember back and laugh at what she was into!

I started doing the bauble thing with Jess, I have brought 4 so far two with 'Jessica', one with 'babys first christmas' and one with 'babys first xmas, 2008 and Jessica in the middle'. Went a bit OTT :blush:

We started buying baubles with "Jack" on them the christmas before he was born, and we now have 6 on the tree, we try and get 1-2 each year.
Hes got new Pjs for xmas eve, so he looks good in the photos of xmas morning! :rofl:
Hes got an advent calender, but i reckon we are gonna struggle with the just one choc per day!

I got Bethanie a special decoration from New York last year and was going to do that every year but I am not so sure now. Id rather something more "special" as well as a decoration. She has her own stocking and when we get our own place, she will have her own xmas tree in her room.

I love the sound of slippers and vegging out in front of the TV with all the little ones, sounds so cute and is making me feel sleepy. I can't wait for this christmas as Bethanie was in hospital for her 1st, 2nd - we were all ill so I missed it completely! 3rd time lucky, hopefully!

When Bethanie is older I have decided to make a little winter wonderland in the corner of her bedroom (you know like the ones you see in shopping centres, on a mini scale). Im going to get that carpet snow material, cover it in decorative glittery snow flakes, get some trees and spray them with snow spray, get blue tube lighting, buy a couple of reindeer that move about and do some other random stuff, like making gingerbread men and hanging them from the trees. Just really random, cosy, christmassy stuff that she will love. I am a big kid for all occasions, especially xmas.. so I can't wait!! ooo :o

Ah, I keep editing this lol. Im also gonna make an advent calender for her and put a little note for her each day, with a small chocolate or something.

we get the girls to pick out a decoration for the tree too :happydance: they have 2 each so far and they will go to pick out this years tomorrow :happydance: we will start for Jack this year :happydance: we also get them an advent calendar. this year they got high school musical ones. didn't get Jack one as i would have to eat all the chocolate and i'm bad enough as it is :rofl:

Is there anything you do that makes the kids Christmas a lil special?

Last year We decided every year to buy Caitlin ONE bauble/tree dec just for her every year. So now we're having number 2 I plan the same ...what I have done is bought a little pink tree and I'm going to grab a second in advance this will be theres for there room and their yearly tree decorations will go on their very own tree :mrgreen: when they are old enough to point and pick out they will pick their own decoration for their own little tree!

We bought Caitlin her own yearly advent calender - wooden princess with little draws so we can add my own gifts/surprises/chocs in there each year :cloud9:

Last thing I plan/idea although not this year is make my livingroom tree theirs! Because we're having 2 girlies I've decided next year we will have a themed Disney tree :blush:

My Christmas is becoming about my kids :D

What about you guys? Do you do any of this? Do something else?

x

What a lovely idea!!!

hmm when i was young my uncle used to give me a case of smarties every year. thats what i remember making it real special :)

I do do one thing for sure. I write my own Santa letters to my kids....talk about the year, things they have done, etc. and put it in their stocking for Christmas morning.

I do do one thing for sure. I write my own Santa letters to my kids....talk about the year, things they have done, etc. and put it in their stocking for Christmas morning.

thats a brilliant thing to do. nice to keep and look back on for sure xx

the one thing we do without fail is flour on the floor with foot prints through them, i also make sure the mince pie for santa has a bite taken out of it and the same with the carrots for the reindeers.
I also got the boys to help wrap up daddies pressies this year saying that santa was so busy with wrapping and making all their toys that he couldn't do daddies they used a full roll of cellotape and wrap paper but the pressies are wrapped with love and daddy will know his little men wrapped them all for him.

Wow,there are some pretty creative ideas here! :D

I know that I plan to bake cookies for Santa with Lola and every year the two of us will take a picture and make a Christmas decoration out of it.
So it's kind of like 'Through the year'. Also I plan that in addition to normal presents that the two of us will have our own 'Santa's workshop' and making presents
And putting notes on her advent calendar every day.

Naturally,most of these things won't be applying this year and probably not the next year....but I like to fantasize.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back