making up bottles?

I had my home visit from the health vistor last week and she said the boiled water needs to be hot to kill any bateria in the milk.

it sounds like alot of hassel to boil the kettle and make a feed from scratch every time.

im sure they give you conflicting info so it sounds harder to do so more people opt to breast feed.

I've tried lots of different ways of making bottles up and have now found the way I prefer best..

It probably, well it does, break some of the rules but wash and sterlise his bottles in the morning. Add boiling water from the kettle (I always use fresh water not re-boiled) and add the formula, then I put them straight in the fridge.

When he has a feed I get a bottle out of the fridge and heat it up in the microwave for 30 seconds and it's just right..

I've tried lots of different ways of making bottles up and have now found the way I prefer best..

It probably, well it does, break some of the rules but wash and sterlise his bottles in the morning. Add boiling water from the kettle (I always use fresh water not re-boiled) and add the formula, then I put them straight in the fridge.

When he has a feed I get a bottle out of the fridge and heat it up in the microwave for 30 seconds and it's just right..

HERE HERE, MY god I can't believe they make things so complicated when I had ds four years ago thats what i would do excpet steriilse and make bottle in eve six to eight feeds of what he needed and heat in microwave for thirty seconds! That way I could always take a bottle with me too and was always prepared.

I think I shall be doing it this way again despite what hv or docs say. I did it for my first and he's still alive.

I do completly understand the caution and it's so contradictory and changes all the time it's just far to confusing. LOL

I do this too.

I make up 24hrs worth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back