~*Mamas of Reflux Babies*~

Nela -
In regards to weight baring. My lo has also loved it from being tiny. I've never really stopped him, he's really strong now. Easily rolls over and is trying his hardest to crawl ( more like a tummy shuffle at the moment lol), can sit unaided for 10 or 20 seconds and tries to bounce and take steps when he's standing supported by us. H/V has always encouraged us as he's had a strong neck/legs from the start :)

Thanks! Nathan has been the same. OH and I looked at each other and wondered where our newborn was :haha: The physiotherapist and pediatrician told us that he's a little over a month ahead in terms of motor skills and strength. (But he's very sensitive to overstimulation because of it) I'm guessing your kiddo is about the same in terms of motor and strength. :thumbup: I've also not prevented him from anything since he's always done it himself anyway :haha: Still, I wonder if the jumperoo wouldn't cause him to land too hard on his legs? I control how he bounces at the moment since I am holding him myself. What do you think? I haven't actually tested those things out myself to know how they are made. Wondering because maybe it's something he'd enjoy sooner than later also so it might be a good christmas gift for him too. :thumbup:

I'm wondering if things are also improving at my end due to sticking to a pretty rigid daytime routine. I've done a bedtime routine foe a while now and he settles really well for bed. This week I've hardly left the house trying to figure out a daytime routine, its been a very boring week but I think my lol is much happier on a predictable routine.

Our day roughly is:

6/7am - wake up, meds and bottle.
8/8.30am - nap
10/10.30am - wake (will introduce baby rice next week). Get lo dressed
11/11.30 - bottle
12/12.15 - nap
1.30/2pm - awake, meds, go out for a hour or so/ bottle
4pm -30-40min nap in pram weather permitting.
6pm - meds, play with daddy for abit.
6.15pm - naked time
6.30pm - bath
6.45pm - bottle
7-7.15pm sleep
2 night feeds

He's tending to pretty much stick to the routine himself, might be half an hour different depending on his wake up time. Once his awake times extend I'll start going to baby groups again. They are bit stressful at the minute as he gets tired so quickly and goes from happy smiley to cranky and screaming in minutes lol

Routine and sleep definitely help. The sleep helps enormously because they are able to deal so much better with everything when they aren't exhausted and cranky. They just are generally less sensitive then.

Does he also sleep when you are out? My kiddo loves to sleep while out. He's having a mad chat beside me again now that he's just awaken from his nap. :haha:

Oddly enough, he's slept all day today whereas I've been fighting with him constantly to sleep more than 10 mins at a time during the day. Nights aren't an issue, he sleeps great at night, although he does go to sleep a little late. I am hoping the Moby wrap and more rigid routine will help us as well.

Yeah, the baby group probably didn't help if he was too young. It probably just made him overstimulated more than anything. I hope it will be better this time around :flower:

Lol, he slept beautifully in a wrap and car seat up until he was about 12 weeks old. Now he gets bored and cries in the car seat and is too nosey to sleep in a wrap/carrier. Sleep is now either in my arms or luckily now in his cot :)

I'm thinking of getting the Jumperoo in the next couple of weeks so I'll let you know and post a video. Your lol should be ok by Christmas I would have thought. I spoke to H/V and nurse a few weeks back and they said the Jumperoo would be fine but to avoid a walker at a younger age as these encourage babies to lean forward and walk on their tiptoes.

If you haven't seen this,WATCH this:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013...p00000009&utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

:cry:

Well we went a@e Nd saw paediatrician!
I tried ringing doctors first to get dosage upped but they were uselss n basicaly said no and to wait cor referal!

Long story short jadons dose has been doubled and hes now got domperidone too!
I have to give it all 2 weeks to notice if its working

We also went to a cranial osteopath. He babbled n laughed whole way through and he has a problem with his hear not going one way which were going to fix and his tummy is tight too.

He did a massive poo when we got home and has now been fast asleep for over an hour

Well we went a@e Nd saw paediatrician!
I tried ringing doctors first to get dosage upped but they were uselss n basicaly said no and to wait cor referal!

Long story short jadons dose has been doubled and hes now got domperidone too!
I have to give it all 2 weeks to notice if its working

We also went to a cranial osteopath. He babbled n laughed whole way through and he has a problem with his hear not going one way which were going to fix and his tummy is tight too.

He did a massive poo when we got home and has now been fast asleep for over an hour

I'm glad to hear you have managed to get further treatment for your lo. I really hope things improve soon. Keep us updated on the cranial osteopath too! It's something I've been interested in finding out more about.

Brilliant amendment of the first post Nela! Very clear and informative. I'm sure it will help lots of reflux mummies! X

Thanks for all your replies

Weve had a terrible night. Hes so gassy can only get 1.5oz in at a time and then its a battle to settle him for half hours kip then start again :(
Hes so gassy but when he burps it comes up n goes back down n he moans n squirms
I hope these meds help soon

My oh is having him tonight so i can catch up on sleep and hes going to grandmas tomorrow ( my mil) as i need a break before i explode

Think we may go cinema and have some couple time
Hopfuly thatll refresh me enough to deal with another week

So glad i hav u to talk to, people that understand, and i hope in a couple weeks i can post my success story! Xx

Thanks for all your replies

Weve had a terrible night. Hes so gassy can only get 1.5oz in at a time and then its a battle to settle him for half hours kip then start again :(
Hes so gassy but when he burps it comes up n goes back down n he moans n squirms
I hope these meds help soon

My oh is having him tonight so i can catch up on sleep and hes going to grandmas tomorrow ( my mil) as i need a break before i explode

Think we may go cinema and have some couple time
Hopfuly thatll refresh me enough to deal with another week

So glad i hav u to talk to, people that understand, and i hope in a couple weeks i can post my success story! Xx

Sounds like a GREAT idea! Good for you for taking some time to unwind and re-energize! :hugs: Wishing you a good weekend and hoping the new meds/doses kick in quickly! :flower:

Oh my gosh...I think I spoke too soon saying how good things are....he's been crying and unsettled since 3am! I'm sure he's teething :-( tons of drooling and he's chewing anything he can get in his mouth!! Ahhhhh, just what I need lol. He's mega grouchy today!

Whew...wonder week 8 was a rough one for us! All the sudden she went from sleeping 7-7.5 hours before feeding at night to being fussy and waking up every 5 hours! She also has had 3 episodes of projectile vomiting this week :( I've spoken to her dr. and he had us come in to watch her feed and he says that her reflux seems under control :shrug: I guess I'm just not used to so much throwing up.

On the plus side she went back to her normal sleep pattern the past 2 nights and seems much happier during the day. Hopefully it was all just do to Wonder Week 8 and we are over the hump!

Had a meltdown this morn and my sis rescued me. He was screaming we were both exhausted and i couldnt get him to eat more than an oz here n there.

I feel better now but hope these meds help soon as this is so hard

Had a meltdown this morn and my sis rescued me. He was screaming we were both exhausted and i couldnt get him to eat more than an oz here n there.

Really really hope the meds start working soon!! If not definitely push for omeprazole as we did find that ranitadine just stopped working after a while. Just keep telling yourself in a few more weeks this will all just be an awful distant memory! :hugs:

since they changed his meds and added domperidome he has been dreadful not pood in 4 days, and screaming in agony when he pushes, doesnt help that we both have colds so all i can think is poor mite, bunged up, cold and reflux my throat is raw so if its the same as me he must be in agony :(

Nela,
I ordered the rain forest Jumperoo today. It's on offer at boots for 76.99 with free delivery. Can't wait to see if he likes it! :)

So Zoe has Diarrhea today :( She has gone 3x and it is only 1:00 pm! Should I be worried about dehydration at all?

So Zoe has Diarrhea today :( She has gone 3x and it is only 1:00 pm! Should I be worried about
dehydration at all?

Is she still feeding as usual? Maybe offer little and often to make sure she stays hydrated and her tummy doesn't get too uncomfortable. X

I hope things improve soon for you and your lo. I have had numerous meltdowns! My mum and dad are staying with us at the moment while they have their house renovated. Im sure id be seriously depressed and struggling without their help. They go on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow...I'm so nervous incase I have a meltdown while they aren't here. OH has agreed to do the first night feed every night so I can go to bed early. Need to be prepared for some hard days with the reflux with lo teething. I've heard that colds and teething aggrevate reflux?!

since they changed his meds and added domperidome he has been dreadful not pood in 4 days, and screaming in agony when he pushes, doesnt help that we both have colds so all i can think is poor mite, bunged up, cold and reflux my throat is raw so if its the same as me he must be in agony :(

Domperidone made me very constipated very quickly so I wonder if it's having the same effect on your kiddo? I would keep an eye on it as constipation will make the reflux a whole lot worse. :wacko: I hope you both feel better soon! :flower:

Nela,
I ordered the rain forest Jumperoo today. It's on offer at boots for 76.99 with free delivery. Can't wait to see if he likes it! :)

:haha: Funny you mention it! We put a bid on one yesterday! Was extremely pricey here brand new so I figured I'd look for s used one and found one in what is said to be 'good as new'. We'll probably go see it this weekend and drag it home :happydance:

How is everyone doing today? Getting more chilly now huh? I love the colder weather myself. Any of you ladies slowly preparing for the holidays? :flower:

Things are going pretty well with Nathan here. I'm giving some serious thought to switching his formula to a more broken down one as I think he is still struggling a bit with digesting it. His reflux is quite a bit better but, ironically, I have noticed more of the odd movements on his part. I am going to try and get them on video as the cause is very important to identify as he is at risk for a neuromuscular disease. :wacko:

I hope everyone has a good day today :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->