Mamas or soon to be mamas who are morbidly obese, lets be buddies!

Can i join please? I want to loose 6 stones :wacko: I want to have the perfect healthy body ready for ttc!! I'm currently 16 stones and 5foot4 x

:hi: That's the same amount I would also need to lose to put me in the healthy weight range, I am also trying to lose weight before TTC but I am not planning to lose all before I begin trying again just hopefully put me in the under 30 BMI category and try to continue to lose while TTC :D
Are you just doing the diet by yourself or doing something like weight watchers, slimming world etc...?

Welcome Stacy! I live in the US so I am not positively sure how much 16 stones is in lbs. I think 7 lbs is equal to 1 stone? Good luck to you for achieving your goals? I'm currently at the moment so not really on any extreme diets anymore but sometimes I have lack of appetite so I'm lighter at times.

Welcome Stacy! I live in the US so I am not positively sure how much 16 stones is in lbs. I think 7 lbs is equal to 1 stone? Good luck to you for achieving your goals? I'm currently at the moment so not really on any extreme diets anymore but sometimes I have lack of appetite so I'm lighter at times.

1 stone is 14 pounds :D

Did you test again yesterday?

I thought it was something like that don't know why I came up with 7. I haven't tested again. I will tomorrow.

Heather, I went to one of those pregnancy support center yesterday since I was driving past it to get a free pregnancy test. It was negative. I had spotting yesterday and today it has became full blown af. I guess what I saw on the pregnancy test was an evap line. I guess I just had a really long cycle. It was 42 days. When af is gone, I am going to dtd every other day to make sure I catch the eggy. My husband will sure be happy though since he said I've been neglecting him.

Can I join? I am losing weight through. I started the year at 270lbs and am now 190lbs. still got loads to go though! The other weight lose thread I saw have people starting at the weight I'm aiming to get to lol!

:hi: I know what you mean, I have been on other threads and I'm thinking you don't even need to lose weight about most of them :haha:
What weight are you hoping to get down to, if you don't mind me asking? and well done on your weight loss so far, you have done brilliantly :thumbup: Have you just been doing it yourself or doing something like weight watchers, slimming world etc..?

I'm aiming to get to 10st so 3 more to go still! I've been on Lighterlife, not for everyone but I've felt blinking amazing on it :-D
I was sooo big though, size UK 24, now size 16, aiming for 12\14. I've done weightwatchers in the past with great results too, but I gained everything I lost when pregnant (4 stone) I'd def recommended ww. I'd obv recommended ll too, but it's a lot of dedication!

Indie,

I've heard good things about ww...but I'm scared I wont be able to commit. Do you ever get tempted to cheat?

Lily :( sorry it was negative and you got AF.
Are you TTC from this cycle then? Every other day is what we are going to do also, will you be using OPKs or charting? or just plan to take more a relax approach? We have decided we are going to start TTC again from New years day and just do every other day without OPKs or charting, we are trying to do every other day while WTT so we get in a routine of it and it doesn't feel too much like when TTC earlier this year.

Can I join? I am losing weight through. I started the year at 270lbs and am now 190lbs. still got loads to go though! The other weight lose thread I saw have people starting at the weight I'm aiming to get to lol!

:hi: I know what you mean, I have been on other threads and I'm thinking you don't even need to lose weight about most of them :haha:
What weight are you hoping to get down to, if you don't mind me asking? and well done on your weight loss so far, you have done brilliantly :thumbup: Have you just been doing it yourself or doing something like weight watchers, slimming world etc..?

I'm aiming to get to 10st so 3 more to go still! I've been on Lighterlife, not for everyone but I've felt blinking amazing on it :-D
I was sooo big though, size UK 24, now size 16, aiming for 12\14. I've done weightwatchers in the past with great results too, but I gained everything I lost when pregnant (4 stone) I'd def recommended ww. I'd obv recommended ll too, but it's a lot of dedication!

10st would be the lowest weight I would go to myself but I doubt I will get to as low as that again, the highest to still be classed in normal weight for my height would be 11st 5. How tall are you? if you don't mind me asking. I'm 5ft 7.
I'm mostly in size 20 UK size at the moment but was 22 before. I would love to get down to size 12 again, the smallest size I was size 10 and I would never want lower than that.
How much does Lighterlife cost to do? I have heard it's quite tough, how many calories are you allowed per day?

Heather we will be ttc after af is gone. Just taking a relaxed approach. No charting or using opks just gonna dtd every other day.

Lily I think it's the best way really to dtd every other day without the worry of charting etc..., lots of luck to you :dust: and hopefully I am not far behind TTC in 2 months :D

Are you still planning to lose weight while TTC?

Update: I haven't been sticking to my diet :( It has been 6 weeks tomorrow since I first started and I only did the dieting really for the first 3 weeks and the last 3 I have been all over the place.
I lost 18 pounds in the first 3 weeks but I have also gained weight back now but with weighing myself this morning I have still lost 11 pounds which is still not too bad, just gained back 7 pounds in 3 weeks.
So I am back on it as of today, 8 weeks to go to TTC so try to lose as much as I can now :thumbup:

10st would be the lowest weight I would go to myself but I doubt I will get to as low as that again, the highest to still be classed in normal weight for my height would be 11st 5. How tall are you? if you don't mind me asking. I'm 5ft 7.
I'm mostly in size 20 UK size at the moment but was 22 before. I would love to get down to size 12 again, the smallest size I was size 10 and I would never want lower than that.
How much does Lighterlife cost to do? I have heard it's quite tough, how many calories are you allowed per day?

I'm only 5'2 so 10 would still be high for me, boo hoo!,
Lighterlife is pretty hardcore, no conventional food at all, just the food packs. It's 600 calories a day. I haven't eaten food since May! Honestly I feel great though, more energy then before I lost the weight, just had a medical and passed with flying colours :-D
I don't cheat, it is expensive and losing weight has felt better then eating. You have to do a cbt course of counselling on ll alongside the
about why we overt eat and coping skills for long term. I'm with this amazing group of women, most of them are at goal and maintaining, they come back for the meetings still.

I'm only 5'2 so 10 would still be high for me, boo hoo!,
Lighterlife is pretty hardcore, no conventional food at all, just the food packs. It's 600 calories a day. I haven't eaten food since May! Honestly I feel great though, more energy then before I lost the weight, just had a medical and passed with flying colours :-D
I don't cheat, it is expensive and losing weight has felt better then eating. You have to do a cbt course of counselling on ll alongside the
about why we overt eat and coping skills for long term. I'm with this amazing group of women, most of them are at goal and maintaining, they come back for the meetings still.

600 calories a day seems hardly anything, don't think I would be able to stick so little. The lowest I tend to go to is 1,000 calories but mostly 1,200.
It's great that it's working so well for you though :D

Update: We are now TTC again as of last night!!! We are going to be getting back on track with dieting/healthy eating and continue through out TTC.

Indie84,

I heard about the program from a friend awhile back. Like Heather, I dont think I can survive on 600 cal and would most likely cheat!

Heather - yay for ttc! I am also ttc this month too. Since last month was 42 days, I have no idea when I will ovulate this month. Husband and I will just dtd every other day.

Havent weighed myself for the past few days. I have been so busy planning Zachary's birthday party. We decided to celebrate for 2 days. Today is for our family and tomorrow is for our friends since our place is too small to fit everyone. I was really behind with the cooking but thankfully my mom helped out quite a bit. One more day to go tomorrow and we're done, whew!

Lily: Happy birthday to your little boy :cake:
Yay I have a TTC buddy! My cycle was 42/43 last time so if it stays similar this time will probably ovulate last week in this month, we aren't using OPKs or charting just every other day like you are.

Thanks Heather! How have you been? My last cycle was 42 days...so I should ovulate by the end of this month based on that...but I honestly have a feeling we wont make it this cycle. My dh has been showing disinterest in dtd. Its been a month since we last had any activity. I try not to care so much but sometimes I just think about it briefly and feel sad. My husband is not overweight, and sometimes I feel he might not be physically attracted to me anymore...or he never was in the first place. Maybe he loves me for something else, like my personality or something but he probably was never physically attracted to me in the first place. Lets be honest, what is there to be attracted to? Sometimes I wish I didnt get married until I was a size 6 or something. I try not to think about it too much because it gives me a headache. If I do get skinny one day, and he wants to dtd more often, then his true face will be revealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->