• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Manchester?

Oooh just noticed, your EDD is 19th Feb?! Thats my birthday!! LOL

Yeah I was a bit annoyed, but then again I was planning on taking a trip to Mothercare tomorrow, and there is one just up the road from the hospital, but its just a pain having to wait around for 2 hours between the blood tests, not enough time to go back home inbetween, and I bet because I havent got an actual appointment (MW told me just to turn up) I will have to wait for ages too :nope: but ahh well!!

Ahhh those names are lovely! We had Leo on our list too! Think we are pretty much set on Charlie Jack Costello now! I wanted Jack, but DH's friends found out they were expecting 6 weeks before us, and they said they had picked Jack, so we changed our name.... but when their baby was born they changed it, so I said we could have Jack, but we have gotten used to Charlie now! LOL but it may still change

Yeah I am quite glad I left it as late as I did to start my Mat Leave, I probably would have gone longer if I didnt have to get 2 mets each day! Nice to have a bit of time at home to relax, but I have tried to get something done each day so I dont feel like a complete slob, but it is getting a bit boring now! Looking forward to when LO arrives so DH can have 2 weeks off with us! xx

thats a good idea getting something done everyday and its not long now for you!! i know il be bored when i take mat leave but i need a break lol , and aww charlie is an adorable name! IT TOOK ages!!! for us to agree on a boys name lol im at work now! counting down the days lol

I hope your mw apointment goes well i hate waiting at aponintments my 13 week scan i got there at 1pm i was still there at 5pm! couldnt believe it lol xx

do you feel like you have everything ready now? is it getting scary that its gertting so close or more excited!

and aww when your having ur birthday i may be dilivering lol providing the baby is ontime lol :)

Yeah I dont care how bored I get, my job was driving me mad towards the end... the last 6-12 months infact were a nightmare, so I would rather be sat at home bored than sitting at work going out of my head LOL

I didnt go to the hospital today..... didnt sleep at all well last night, but the MW didnt actually make an appointment for me, she just told me to just turn up so going to go tomorrow instead now. Spent a couple of hours in town, getting the last few bits for my hospital bag, so think we are all set now!

Ermmm I would say definately more exciting... I am just sitting, hoping for a sign something is happening ha ha but dont think it will for a while yet....

Thats terrible you were waiting for 4 hours?!?!? Did they give you a reason why?

I hate the women that moan and bitch about having to wait for 10 minutes but 4 hours is a bit ridiculous!! Have you got a date for your 20 week scan? xx

Yeah I dont care how bored I get, my job was driving me mad towards the end... the last 6-12 months infact were a nightmare, so I would rather be sat at home bored than sitting at work going out of my head LOL

I didnt go to the hospital today..... didnt sleep at all well last night, but the MW didnt actually make an appointment for me, she just told me to just turn up so going to go tomorrow instead now. Spent a couple of hours in town, getting the last few bits for my hospital bag, so think we are all set now!

Ermmm I would say definately more exciting... I am just sitting, hoping for a sign something is happening ha ha but dont think it will for a while yet....

Thats terrible you were waiting for 4 hours?!?!? Did they give you a reason why?

I hate the women that moan and bitch about having to wait for 10 minutes but 4 hours is a bit ridiculous!! Have you got a date for your 20 week scan? xx

they said it was because the doc i was supposed to see was busy dealing with someone else. then a doc came in saying " are you stephanie" i said " yes finaly!! next thing you know i have a peak at the notes and im like " erm... my ethnicity is clearly not what it says there....i think you got the wrong steph" and he was like omg omg yes sorry wrong room!.. i was like dammit lol so then the doc i was ment to see showed up eventualy lol.

and yes! date booked its for the 6th of october i think!! i cant wait im so relieved i got the downsyndrom result back from 13 week scan our baby has a 1 in 77,000 chance! wooohoo:happydance:

what date was your official due date again? and are you scared to go somwere on your own incase you go into labour? id be scared lol me and hubby were planning to go away for the weekend ( in the uk just a nice hotel or something or like the old days a bnb in some random place lol though it would have to be planned as i dont plan to be walking around looking for a hotel when im bigger lol but i used to love doing that when we were dating lol go to random places just drive werever stop werever! so exciting! . but i wanted to go near my due date but then we wouldnt be able to go far incase labour starts?! when do you thinks the best time to go away? dont wanna go now.. as i for some reason want to go when i would worry less. like after baby starts kicking and stuff :)

and your right id rather be at home bored as hell than sit at my desk all day lol i have a week of this week starting friday!!! woohoo going to a spa weekend with my mum as a suprise she doesnt know were we going yet! :) xx

I have the odd occasion when I am tootling round somewhere and I maybe get a twinge or something and think "oh crap, what if I go into labour here, in the middle of Primark.... thats not very glam!" ha ha

I did have a huge fear of my waters going when I am out, like in the films, when there is a huge gush of water and everyone stops and stares, but then I read that it mainly only gushes when you are lying down, apparently babies head acts like a cork when you are upright, and kind of stops it gushing, so I havent been tooooo worried since then...!

My EDD is September the 11th.... I really dont want him to be born on that day though... I know thats awful to say, but what a day to have your birthday on?
- "oh whens your birthday?"
- "september the 11th"
- "ohh you mean the day the biggest terrorist act in the history of histories occured?!" - "Yep, and not only that, but I was born on the 10th anniversary"

I would MUCH rather have a cool EDD like, oh I dont know... the 19th Feb?! LOL alllll the best people are born then :haha:

Oh its so exciting finding out the sex! Have you planned to have any additional scans, like the 4d ones? x

haha not very glam at all :p haha but a good shop atleast you know there will be plenty of people to help when you go in labour lol ( well help i mean stare lol )

and omg yeh sep 11! that would be awkward! but i dont think little kids will remember about september 11th though , i think i was in year 8 when september 11 happened.. or in primary school.. omg i think i was actualy like 8 years old.. *thinks* oh wait if it was the tenth aniversary i was 10 duhH!! and

wow thats only a few days away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow
im excited for you lol

and feb 19th is pretty cool :p think we got engaged around feb 19th or close to it lol its gettng late so my memorys crap:p

im hoping the baby will be ontime though i have a feeling it might not be lol but aslong as he/she isnt early.

and i wanted to do a 3d scan but my grandma said we should stop pestering and poking at the baby lol and tht we should just do the planned appointments so we decided to just wait for the planned scans and keep it simple lol though i was tempted because a private clinic does dating scans at 16 weeks for 50quid! bargin! but i resisted lol

sorry about the spelling lol im a crap speller then i type so fast and do loads of typos but id be here all day if i spell checked everything lol

its funny coz on tv thats exactly how you see it a pool of water pouring out the lady parts but my friend said when she was in labour it came out in little bits. and she wore a pad and she said you have to show your midwife your pad so they can see how much is coming out.. that grossed me out alittle lol , gosh yooul have a realy young baby when it comes to christmas time!! have you got any plans?? :)

xx

Yeah I dont think I fancy being in Primark ha ha . No I dont think the baby will know what the date means, but other people will..... its just a bit of a morbid day isnt it?!

I was.... 17 when it happened, working in a clothes shop back home, remember hearing 2 girls talking about it in the changing rooms.... god 10 years has gone very fast!

Ohh the 4d scans are expensive, but they are sooo worth it, my Mum and Nan were the same though, they kept saying (well my Nan did) "we didnt have anything like that in my day... we didnt find out the sex or anything, why would you want to see what baby looks like, you wont have any suprises when he or she is born", that annoys me, when people say that! I think having the baby will be enough of a suprise, then you have things like hair colour/who they look like/eye colour etc (although I read that most babies are born with blue or brown eyes and they change in the first few weeks to the colour they are going to stay?!!?!?!?)

Ewww I dont fancy having some random MW checking a pad.... but then again, I suppose much worse is to come, I wonder if we will have ANY dignity left at the end LOL

Christmas is a bit of a sticking point for us... we usually take it in turns to go to my Mums or DH Mums.... but I really want to go to my Mums. Last year I went to my Mums because my brother wasnt there (travelling) and I felt bad my Mum having neither of her kids there, so I went home, and DH was begged to go back to his Mums by her and his brother.... now his Mum is a taxi driver, and she went out to work Xmas Eve, most of Xmas day and Boxing Day, and his brother was at his GF's most of the time, so DH was literally on his own! He was really pissed off and said he wasnt doing it again, because they guilt tripped him into going and then left him on his own for the majority of Xmas :nope:

This year we said we would go to Blackpool to see his Mum on the 23rd, stay the night and spend Xmas Eve day there, then come back to Manchester and spend Xmas Eve night and Xmas Day at ours, just me, DH and LO, then go to my Mums in Shropshire on Boxing Day and spend a few days there.

But now my brother (who has been in Oz for over a year) is saying he wont go to Mums house Xmas Day if I am not there :dohh: so my Mum wont have either of her kids there AGAIN!! LOL its a nightmare.

I really want to go to my Mums, she has a HUGE house, and its always great to spend Xmas there, just loads of food and alcohol (YAY!) and a great atmosphere..... at DH's house his Mum and brother are dead lazy, they both sleep in til midday most days, so me and DH are always sitting around waiting for them to get up and ready so we can do something, DH always gets in a mood with his Mum because they wind each other up, so as bad as it sounds, I am always clock-watching and counting the hours until we can leave!

How about you? What plans do you have for Xmas this year? xxx

Thinking that i was 10 , 10 years ago lol its weird because ten years isnt along time but so much has changed lol .

and i get what you mean there for sure is alot of suprise, i do hear babys eyes are blue i wonder if thats the case for all babys, or just most, my baby will be mixraised so that would be intresting a mixedraiced baby with blue eyes! , my best friends baby is mixed but his eyes were brown when he was born, but i have heard that.

having some mw check my pad i would find embarrasing lol well i think i would but i dont think il have any dignity at the time lol, are you planning to have a water birth or bed birth? natural? or epi? have you done your birth plan? im planning a natural water birth but i dont like the idea of being naked! but i want to do the whole skin to skint hing with the baby .

omg thats so sad! :( that would not of been enjoyable! i was a live in carer last christmas, so i worked all xmas and new year, and i lived in the house of the person i was looking after he had a mental age fo a 5 year old , but he was 50.. it was so dificult and lonely!! so i was there non stop .

but now i work in an office i wont ever work xmas ever again thank God!!!

gosh that is a nightmare so much planning then so much people to try and make happy! aww your baby will only be young! will that be the first time they meet your LO?

and i get exactly what you mean! gosh that sounds like a boring xmas but its nice you still make and effort and go to theres :)

Me my husband and my mum are going to my husbands dad and step mums for xmas, they have a huge house too and his step mum cooks like a 3 course meal! ive never been to them for xmas so it will be nice, my hubby doesnt see his dad often as he lives in the middle of nowere i cant remember were lol , but they invited us all so i cant wait to go!! ive only spent new years away from my mum ONCE IN MY WHOLE LIFE! when i was working last xmas and newyears, so xmas will be with the inlaws and my mum and then newyears wel be with my mum and my husband im so happy that im not working this year il be on mat leave by then anway but its going to be such a special new year and xmas and im actualy looking forward to it!! i never used to look forward to xmas as i was always working now i can really take it easy and enjoy everything!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Well, I had a blood clot about 9 years ago, it started as a DVT in my leg and when I went to the hospital they found it had broken off and part of it had travelled to my lung! So during the pregnancy I have to inject Tinzaparin twice a day (which thins my blood) so when I went to meet with the anaesthatist to discuss things, she said if I DO want an epidural, I can only have it once 12 hours have passed since my last injection, apparently if they put the needle into my spine and it bleeds, there is no way to stop the bleed, so its pretty dangerous! But after 12 hours of having my injection, my blood is back to "normal" so I could have one then.... but then she said you have the problem that there is usually only 1 anaesthatist on the ward at any time, they are always very busy and the window of opportunity to get it is very small for me... so chance are I wont get one (also, if I need a C-section they would have to put me to sleep as they wouldnt be able to do the spinal block) :wacko:

Why cant I just be normal!? LOL I have always said I want as natural a birth as possible, but it would be nice to have a choice! But I think G&A will be all I will have...

No, they will all meet LO once he is born, my Mum rang me today and said "Make sure Chris rings me, I dont care what time of day or night it is!".... rather him than me, she is evil when woken up! LOL

New Year I am not a fan of, we usually either go for a meal and are home before 10 or we stay in... yes very sad I know LOL this year we might be going to a hotel in Chester for a dinner/dance kind of thing, as my Mum has already said she is going to have the baby! xx

wow twice a day!!! that must be tough to do now your pregnant! and remembering to do it everyday! you are nomal just a different type of normal :) gosh it makes this even more special! all the stuff you had to do to get your baby here happy and healthy :)

and i get what you mean choice is always a good thing! i hope you dont need a csection!

ahaha aww your mum seems really nice i wonder what its like when your own daughter has a baby , what an amazing momment my mum cant believe it sometimes shes so excited to be a grandma shes already booked 3 weeks of work around my due date so she can help when babys here! i cant wait for us to spend time alltgether as a family. shes the only family im looking forward to being around once babys born. my dad still doesnt know im pregnant so im praying he doesnt find out lol we for sure dont need his drama!

thats not sad lol i stay in too lol as i dont like going out on newyears eve transition to new year because something bad always happens to people . so i stay in with my mum but this time i think wel do something fun! my mum and my husband get on so well so would be cool to be with them both for newyears, as i was working the last one and so was hubby ( well he wasnt my hubby then lol )

weird question but lol have you got a funny walk yet? if so when did it develope?

theres this woman at work shes like 14 weeks pregnant but shes waddling like shes readdy to pop i think shes showing of abit lol because she hasnt really got a belly :)

Ha yeah its a bit of a pain, I do sometimes forget to do them, but most days I am on top of it! It isnt too bad, I have to do them in my stomach, but they are only little needles, but if you dont do it just right it can be sore and I do get the odd lump.... I also get bad bruising too which isnt very nice!

Its more for me than the baby, just to try and prevent any clots developing during and after the pregnancy, think I have to have them for 6 weeks after he is born?

Oh yeah my Mum and DH get on really well too, my Mum is very blunt and opinionated, and hates people that try too hard to be nice, if you know what I mean? Her and DH are always calling each other names and being mean, but they are only messing, she loves him! LOL
I cant wait for her to meet her Grandson, she is so good with kids, and she is super excited as this is her first Grandchild, she owns a B&B so its hard for her to get away as she always has bookings, so I am hoping LO will come on a weekday as there is more chance of her being quiet than on a weekend!

But DH is scheduled to go to Madrid end of this month, as part of an incentive at his work... he was in 2 minds whether to go, but I told him he should, he works really hard and he has earnt it, so as long as LO isnt 2 weeks late, he should be going on that, its only Friday-Sunday and I can always go to see my Mum while he is away!

I havent noticed my walk is any different? LOL I know what you mean though, some pregnant women do "waddle" LOL oh so she isnt too far along? Is she one of them who proper milks being pregnant?

I know some people have a really rough time of it, with sickness and various other problems, and I totally sypathise, but you do get the odd ones who just seem to love to complain about every aspect of it, and it does annoy me a bit. I think its because my best friend has been trying to get pregnant for years and it hasnt worked, and she is so desperate to have a baby and she would give anything to be pregnant, symptoms and all! xx

i get exactly what you mean! she is a milker! honestly you ask her how far gone she is when she was only 8 weeks she was like im 4 months in 8 weeks.. its like huh? and she was even starting a waddle then lol its abit funny she felt her baby kicking at 7 weeks:wacko: i dont really believe her though.

and thats good that yoru mum and oh get on so well, aww its so nice this is her first grandchild so special!! im 4 months now woohoo almost half way there lol :)

i live in congleton, its like half hour on train to manc but looking around cheadle hulme/stockport for a house, my OH's family live that way :) x

i live in congleton, its like half hour on train to manc but looking around cheadle hulme/stockport for a house, my OH's family live that way :) x

i know were that is :) i used to travel to see an ex there.. :) when u plannin on the move :)

as soon as i find a house aha! Congleton is so boring :|
i'm originally from Stoke-on-Trent ;) so manchester/stockport is gonna be a big change lol

i live in stockport. it's really nice area, some great little schools :)

i get exactly what you mean! she is a milker! honestly you ask her how far gone she is when she was only 8 weeks she was like im 4 months in 8 weeks.. its like huh? and she was even starting a waddle then lol its abit funny she felt her baby kicking at 7 weeks:wacko: i dont really believe her though.

and thats good that yoru mum and oh get on so well, aww its so nice this is her first grandchild so special!! im 4 months now woohoo almost half way there lol :)

Ha ha thats some crazy mathematics LOL why doesnt she just say "I am 8 weeks/or 2 months"?!?

So I had my baby this week! Hence my lack of response LOL Charlie Jack Costello was born on Tuesday 6th September at 01.54am, just 3 1/2 hours after my waters breaking! Arrived at hospital and was checked by the MW at midnight and was 3cm.... by 01.30 I was 10cm!! He weighed 6lb 13oz, has blonde hair and blue eyes and is just gorgeous (even allowing for a Mothers bias!!) me and DH are completely over-the-top in love with him and he is such a good baby, very contented and only cries when he needs something... and is even sleeping in his big cot

I cannot begin to tell you how amazing it is when they arrive... you expect to love your baby of course, but nothing could prepare me for how much I love him, I had to go back to the hospital the day after I was discharged to pick up mine and Charlies prescriptions (they messed them up!) and I had to nip to Mothercare too, so he stayed with DH at home while I went.... in all I was gone for 2 1/2 hours and it was THE longest 2 1/2 hours of my life... when I went to the ward to get the prescription as I was leaving there was a Dad holding his baby and I was welling up... then I almost cried on the met home... then I burst into tears as soon as I got home and saw him!! Ha ha I was an emotional wreck!!

Have put a piccy of my little man.... just cant stop staring at him :cloud9:

How are you feeling, how exiting you are almost half way!!! Cant wait to find out if you are having a :pink: or :blue: baby!! xx

Whoops, forgot the pic!!! LOL

PS: I dont think its possible for anyone to feel movement much earlier than 12 weeks... think around 16 is considered early? So highly doubt she has felt anything at 8 weeks?!!? LOL

Attachments

• Charlie Jack.jpg
    Charlie Jack.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 22
OMG OMG!!!! AWW IM AT WORK AND THIS MESSAGE MADE ME PROPPER SMILE!! HE IS SOOO ADORABLE! OMG YOU DID IT!! WOW! AND YOU GOT ON THE MET A DAY AFTER GIVING BIRTH!! WOW , AND WHAT PRESCRIPTIOSN DID YOU BOTH NEED??

im so happy for you hun!! what pain relief did you have? and wow that is such a quick labour for your first! i bet you were both suprised!!

i feel amazing apart from tired i just feel so great and every week i feel closer and closer to the day she/he will arive and only 3 weeks before we find out!!

has all your family seen him? how are you feeling?? apart from emotional xxxxx

and your baby is looking at the camera lol little poser :p xxxxcongrats hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"