• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Manchester?

17 grand combined!! that isnt even enough for you to eat have a car and a house. thats bad, and tho you shoudlnt get money left right and centre i do think those who work hard should get much more than they do though! :)

wow you are really busy! your hubby is so sweet for letting u know you should be taking it easy!!

and il be getting up at night anyway as il be exclusivly breastfeeding , so hubby will mostly be helping out during the day to start with! :) and so i dont wake him up when im feeding her , wel get a little couch in the bedroom so i can sit on it and feed her there as im just loud when i move around lol :) i find it really exciting planning how wel do things! im almost half way there woohoo lol

lol and hope you can fit in alittle sleep time with a little friend time :p

i defo thing intensive will be better for your situation, im learning automatic now so hopefuly that will make me pass quicker!! :) x

17 grand combined!! that isnt even enough for you to eat have a car and a house. thats bad, and tho you shoudlnt get money left right and centre i do think those who work hard should get much more than they do though! :)

wow you are really busy! your hubby is so sweet for letting u know you should be taking it easy!!

and il be getting up at night anyway as il be exclusivly breastfeeding , so hubby will mostly be helping out during the day to start with! :) and so i dont wake him up when im feeding her , wel get a little couch in the bedroom so i can sit on it and feed her there as im just loud when i move around lol :) i find it really exciting planning how wel do things! im almost half way there woohoo lol

lol and hope you can fit in alittle sleep time with a little friend time :p

i defo thing intensive will be better for your situation, im learning automatic now so hopefuly that will make me pass quicker!! :) x

I know its mad isnt it? I think some people who work can get help with their childcare costs, but I bet thats only people on a very low wage :growlmad: it doesnt make sense, people on a higher wage obviously pay more tax and Nat Insurance, so they should get more help with childcare I think!?

Oh you should get a gliding chair! We have one and its great! I bought it off my HR Manager, she paid about £300 for it and has hardly used it... the plastic is still on the foot stool LOL I paid £80 for it, and its great, means I can settle Charlie if he wakes in the night without having to move to another room! How long is your DH taking off work when your little one arrives? Mine only took 2 weeks and it absolutely flew!

Yeah I think I will try and get some rest on Friday, my Dad and Nan and Grandad are coming to visit me Sat afternoon and then I am meeting a friend after that... but I dont want my Mum to have him for too long, she owns a B&B so has to be up about 6 every day to do the breakfast, and she works very hard and also has MS so she gets tired more easily than most... and I dont want to put too much on her by leaving Charlie with her for hours and hours... although I know she will force me to go out LOL

Oh automatic is a good idea! I bet they are much easier to drive than a manual! xx

I agree with you! :) it will probably be 2 weeks to because hes self employed so he wont get paternity pay or anything. so hel take say a few days on and of around when shes due , and then 2 weeks , hopefuly my hubby would have got a job that he isnt self employed so the hours can be a bit better, as he works far away, i dont really know what hel be like when it goes to going back to work because he wont want to leave her!! hel be such an amazing dad, but i think we both agree 2 weeks of is better, hes looking for jobs in customer services ( as thts what i do) and his hours will be alot better.

aww your such a good daughter - how are you findin leavin him? did you think youd be able to leave him so early?

i will be the most clingiest mother ever i think lol

and my babys started poking me more often now!! ive felt her constantly for 3 days its great when did you start to feel pokes and prods more often? its nothing heavy yet but constant poking lol

and omg automatics are so much easier!!!!!!!!!!! no constrating on changing gears at a round about etc lol i love it! :) xx

Yeah DH is going to Madrid tomorrow for the weekend, he is leaving tomorrow morning and is back Sunday eve, so really its only 1 day he wont see us for, but he says he is going to miss us loads! He didnt want to go back to work last week, but think we are more settled now, so its not as bad for him.

Apart from the time I had to go to the hospital and the odd trip to the shop, we have only left him once, we went back to Blackpool to visit MIL and she was insistent on me and DH going out for a meal and she wanted to babysit, which was nice of her, but I didnt want to go!! Especially when she was asking how to hold him properly and how to do his bottles?!?!?!?!? I was shocked... she has had 2 kids of her own, how can she NOT know how to hold a baby!? :dohh:

It was awful, she was carrying him around but leaving his head totally unsupported, so I kept saying "you need to support his head" and she wasnt listening!! I pretty much shouted at her in the end!!!! I could just picture her standing up and his head lolling about and his neck snapping... it was awful! :cry:

So anyway, I told myself I was being silly and I couldnt let myself be an obsessive mother who was incapable of leaving him for a couple of hours, and DH's Nan came round too, so I guessed, well they have got 5 kids between them, they will cope. But as soon as she arrived, his Nan was saying she wanted to hold him, but he was asleep so she said she was going to wake him because "she wanted a cuddle" I told her NOT to wake him, that he would wake when he was hungry and she could cuddle him then, but please dont wake him, he is a newborn and needs his sleep...... DH said she turned to MIL and said quietly, "oh we will just wait til you go out to wake him!!!!!!!!" :growlmad: But he didnt think she was being serious, because anyone knows you should leave babies to sleep when they are that tiny! (he was only a week old)

We got back from our meal about 10.15 and Charlie was wide awake, but looked shattered, MIL was holding him over her shoulder, a way we never hold him, and he looked really uncomfy and squashed up and clearly they had kept him awake the whole time we were out just so they could hold him!!?!?!?

That night he didnt settle til 1am, whereas we normally have him in bed by 8 at the latest... he woke twice in the night and was awake from 6am til we left at about 11am... as soon as we got him in the car he slept all the way back, about 1 1/2 hours, and then the second we got back to ours, his Nan started again "I want to hold him" but he is asleep "So? I wont see him now for 4 weeks, I will wake him up before I go so I can hold him" I told her NO, YOU ARE NOT TO WAKE HIM, HE IS A BABY NOT A TOY!!!! And she slapped her hands on her legs like a kid and said "Well I WANT to hold him before I go" :nope:

I went with MIL to the registry office to register him, and left DH and Nan with the baby, and when we got back DH said his Nan stood over the carseat the whole time, saying "wake up so I can hold you" even though he kept telling her to sit down and leave him to sleep!!!?

That night he was a nightmare, he was clearly exhausted, but wouldnt sleep, he would close his eyes and then they would snap open and he would be looking around, wide eyed. Sounds silly but its almost like he was scared to sleep because he thought as soon as he fell asleep he would be man-handled!

DH worked it out, saying they would have had him awake the whole 3 hours we were out, and he was overtired and scared! So we agreed that they had crossed a line, we repeatedly asked them NOT to wake him and let him sleep, to support his head and they clearly just ignored our wishes, so there is no way we are going to leave him with them again. My Mum is fab with him, so neither of us have any worries about leaving him with her at all.... but its a bad situation when Charlies own Grandmother and Great-Grandmother wont respect their own son and daughter-in-laws wishes in regards to their own baby, they have had their own kids too??!

Oh and when we got back, Charlie was in a different babygro to when we went out, MIL said, casual as you like, "oh I went to feed him and the lid wasnt screwed on the bottle and the whole thing went all over him......" :growlmad:

I said "you DID cool the milk down well didnt you? It wasnt hot milk you poured all over him???" and she just shrugged and said "I ran it under the tap for a bit" OH MY GOD!!!!! I have the WORST MIL ever!!!!

Sorry for the long one, but it just wound me up so much!! LOL xx

emz lol - maybe she was just abit rusty because i imagine its been awhile lol

and omg syhe wasnt supporting his head! gosh i would have been so axoius!! (how ever you spell that word ) gosh that is a scary thought.
omg that sounds like a realy imature thing to say when your a grandma .. gosh after hearring her say that i would have said thanks but no thanks lol , you have more willpower its great you managed to leave him , and your defo right .. i dont wanna be an obbsesive mother either :( lol but i know il have to work on it lol

omg they kept him awake all that time. so iresponsible!

( are you not supposed to put babys over shoulder? you mean like the burping position?)

omg that is awful behavour!! i dont know how you put up with it , she sounds really irritating ( no affence) im glad you put your foot down.

and i agree that is the best thing to do! if they cant do the simple things of not waking him and supporting his heads they shouldnt look after him!

and thats okay you vent all you need i like reading your messages!

and omg!! bloody hell that is for sure the last straw even if it was just VERY warm on a newborn baby thats still really bad .. how hard is it to check the bottle.

gosh im gettign anoyyed just thinking about it its good you can trust your mum with him and i still think you did amazing managin to leave him with them.

i have my anomoly scan on thusday next week im so exited my tummys getting so big now lol it took awhile till i was sure it had popped but im conviced now lol . because ppl have been saying congrats and stuff who i dont even know at work so they must notice lol which im happy about im passed the bloated looking stage hehe :) xx

emz lol - maybe she was just abit rusty because i imagine its been awhile lol

and omg syhe wasnt supporting his head! gosh i would have been so axoius!! (how ever you spell that word ) gosh that is a scary thought.
omg that sounds like a realy imature thing to say when your a grandma .. gosh after hearring her say that i would have said thanks but no thanks lol , you have more willpower its great you managed to leave him , and your defo right .. i dont wanna be an obbsesive mother either :( lol but i know il have to work on it lol

omg they kept him awake all that time. so iresponsible!

( are you not supposed to put babys over shoulder? you mean like the burping position?)

omg that is awful behavour!! i dont know how you put up with it , she sounds really irritating ( no affence) im glad you put your foot down.

and i agree that is the best thing to do! if they cant do the simple things of not waking him and supporting his heads they shouldnt look after him!

and thats okay you vent all you need i like reading your messages!

and omg!! bloody hell that is for sure the last straw even if it was just VERY warm on a newborn baby thats still really bad .. how hard is it to check the bottle.

gosh im gettign anoyyed just thinking about it its good you can trust your mum with him and i still think you did amazing managin to leave him with them.

i have my anomoly scan on thusday next week im so exited my tummys getting so big now lol it took awhile till i was sure it had popped but im conviced now lol . because ppl have been saying congrats and stuff who i dont even know at work so they must notice lol which im happy about im passed the bloated looking stage hehe :) xx

Sorry for the slow reply, our internet has been down since I got back from my Mums (bloody Sky! LOL)

Yeah I was very annoyed, the position is fine for him now, over the shoulder, but because he was only little and she was terrible at holding him normally, I was terrified she was going to drop him over her shoulder, but she was holding him so his head was over her shoulder, but the rest of him was in the middle of her chest, so he was upright but sideways LOL if that makes sense, he just looked so uncomfy!!
Also, he has really strong neck muscles, and can throw his head back (has been able to do this since he was about 2 days old!) and you need about 5 hands to hold him LOL

Oooh your scan is today!!! How exciting! Let me know how you get on! I remember the day I had mine, it couldnt come quick enough, was so exciting!

Well they were all meant to be coming up Sat for a meal as its DH birthday in a couple of weeks, but because hubs was in Madrid last weekend, and he doesnt get home from work til 7.30 and we are normally in bed by 10 it feels like we have hardly spent any time together, so he rang them in the week and said we just wanted a whole weekend to ourselves, no visitors and no obligations... we just want some time alone, just the 3 of us!

I know its a way off (although you wouldnt guess from all the adverts they are sneaking on the telly LOL) but have you decided what you are doing for Xmas? Did you say you were at your Mums?

We told everyone that we will go to Blackpool to see MIL/BIL on the 23rd and spend Xmas eve day there, then we will be coming home to Manchester and spending Xmas eve night and Xmas Day on our own, just the 3 of us and then going to my Mums boxing day.... MIL wanted to know why we were spending Xmas day on our own, so we said we didnt want to cause any upset by going to Blackpool or Shropshire, its too far to do both in one day, so we said this way everyone gets a couple of days with us and Charlie and noone can get annoyed and we arent playing favourites (if I had my way, we would be going to my Mums!)... so she seemed ok with that.. then she asked if they could come to us Xmas day!? I said my Mum had people staying over at the B&B so she wouldnt be able to come up (not true, but we only have a 2 bed apartment, and there just isnt the room for MIL/BIL OH's Nan, plus my Mum, stepdad and brother too!) so we said "No, we have decided, we are spending Xmas day in Manchester, just us 3, we are going to go out for Xmas dinner, and we will see everyone before or after xmas" .... and his Mum turned round and said "OK, well we will come up in the afternoon then"....???!!!!!!!

Oh my god, they just dont LISTEN!!! But I said, NO, we dont want anyone up... we have jut said that!!! So hopefully they finally understand it! My Mum reckons they will just turn up Xmas Day and oh my god if they do I will be sooooo pissed off!!! LOL

God I am turning into a right ranter now LOL

Hows things with you? How are you feeling? Over half way now!!!!!! xxx

EMZ!!! its my anomoly scan today then the baby will be confirmed what sex he/she is and then wel be sure everythings okay!!

AND aww your baby sounds so smart!

and omg you remembered!!! HEHE WIll let you know later today how it went :) and serously this day has seemed like it was so far away but im glad its finaly here.

im in a rush to go for my apointment so il reply to the rest of your message when i get back!!

sorry xxx

i imagine why you need some me time with your new son hes only young but hes already been around a lot of people lol, you surely need your space to just enjoy him as a couple!!

were going to my husbands step mum and dads for christmas this year i think and new year we will be at my mums, my husbands step mum broke her arm so dont know if were still going but gues theyl let us know nearer the time.

omg wow she really doesnt get the hint lol - just say you wont be in that afternoon either lol

you could just see your mum and they might not find out lol if thats really what you wanna do and your hubby agrees

haha you rant all you like , i imagine they would just turn up by the sounds of things theyl say " oh sorry i mis understood" lol ha dont open the door! lol

I am feeling really amazing such a relief to be over half way! confirmed she is a girl!! BUT she was not coperating so the doctor asked me to jiggle and shake my bump about but nope she just wriggled alittle and wouldnt change positions lol so they said everything looks fine but shes growing big and i explained look how tall my husband is!!! if there are basing her size on my height then obvs she will be longer than expected because im really short lol but she said yeh thats right he is tall so there not worrieing.

were booked in to come back next week for another scan to do the final measurements on her spine so hope she will turn the right way lol

i am sooo happy though xxx no sickness or anything ive never felt so amazing lol

i imagine why you need some me time with your new son hes only young but hes already been around a lot of people lol, you surely need your space to just enjoy him as a couple!!

were going to my husbands step mum and dads for christmas this year i think and new year we will be at my mums, my husbands step mum broke her arm so dont know if were still going but gues theyl let us know nearer the time.

omg wow she really doesnt get the hint lol - just say you wont be in that afternoon either lol

you could just see your mum and they might not find out lol if thats really what you wanna do and your hubby agrees

haha you rant all you like , i imagine they would just turn up by the sounds of things theyl say " oh sorry i mis understood" lol ha dont open the door! lol

I am feeling really amazing such a relief to be over half way! confirmed she is a girl!! BUT she was not coperating so the doctor asked me to jiggle and shake my bump about but nope she just wriggled alittle and wouldnt change positions lol so they said everything looks fine but shes growing big and i explained look how tall my husband is!!! if there are basing her size on my height then obvs she will be longer than expected because im really short lol but she said yeh thats right he is tall so there not worrieing.

were booked in to come back next week for another scan to do the final measurements on her spine so hope she will turn the right way lol

i am sooo happy though xxx no sickness or anything ive never felt so amazing lol

Awww brilliant news, so happy for you that everything went so well, its so amazing each time you have a scan isnt it? How tall is your hubby? Mine is 6 foot, and when the Health Visitor came 2 weeks ago she said "ooh he is going to be tall" LOL apparently he is in the 91st percentile for height so he is going to be taller than most! LOL

He also packed on 1lb 2 oz in just over a week! I dont know what he is weighing now (he was 6lb 13 at birth and last weigh in he was 8lb 2!), but I think we should be due another visit in the next few days so will let you know! He has been eating loads recently too.... when he was born we were giving him 30ml and he would never finish that, he would take about 10ml at each feed... this morning I gave him 120 and half an hour later he was hungry again so I gave him another 60ml!! LOL little chunk.

Oh I am so glad everything is ok, its getting closer now... do you think the first half has dragged or flown? I found it was a bit of both, at the time I thought it was dragging, but when you look back you think "my God, I cant believe it was 8 weeks since my last scan, thats flown!"

It goes even faster when they are born, Charlie was 4 weeks old on Tuesday and I just cant believe we have had him for over a month, its insane! He is starting to be more alert now, he looks at things, holds your gaze when you feed him, is starting to smile a little (Mum says its wind, but I disagree LOL) and he has started making little coo-ing sounds, its so cute.... you will love it so much! I always said I would never turn into one of them Mothers who only talks about their baby, but you cant not! Every status on Facebook is about Charlie, and every profile pic since he was born has been him... ha ha

I was going to say I might suggest to DH that we sneak off to my Mums for Xmas, but I dont want him to think I would prefer to spend it there... I think he would agree with me, but also I think it will be quite nice to have a day to ourselves too? Then it will be like having 3 Xmas days!

Have you got any plans for NYE? Do you have a party at your Mums or just a night in?

So happy you have had your scan! :happydance: Seems like a huge milestone when its done and its s nice to hear when everything is good.

xxx

my hubbies 6.2/3 :) and im 5foot 2 so lol hes alot taller than me lol - amnd wow hes puting weight on great! awww thats so cool, wow i hear they have a growth spurt around this time?? i think the first half DRAGGGEED LIKE MAD! i found out when i was 3 weeks pregnant!! bloody hell it felt like i was miles away from 12 weeks lol now its going alot faster and i can relax alot more now ive started feeling her everyday :)

how about you did you think it dragged to start with? or went fast? im trying not to count every week now lol.

oh i get what you mean when i look back i think time has flown just in the momment it is slow lol

haha i for sure will be one of those mums who every time i open my mouth it will be baby related lol im so excited

i think it will just be me my mum and maybe her friends and my hubby but its usualy quit on new years lol but i think we just see what happens im excited to be big pregnant by then lol

huge milestone xx

I thought the first 20 weeks dragged and the second 20 went faster but still felt slow, until I looked back!

Charlie has got his hospital appointment tomorrow to have a scan on his kidney, hope he is a good boy and everything is ok.... and Tuesday I am going to take him to a baby massage class LOL so looking forward to that! xx

aww let me know how it goes hope everything goes well for you! and aww how cute baby massage class that is so adorable were are you doing that? is it like a private massage? or loads of other mums? x

aww let me know how it goes hope everything goes well for you! and aww how cute baby massage class that is so adorable were are you doing that? is it like a private massage? or loads of other mums? x

He was pretty good when he had his scan, I thought he would scream the place down, as she was taking a while to do it, but he just whinged a bit because he was hungry! He woke at 5.30am yesterday and screamed to be fed, and then I fed him again at 8 before we went to the hospital but he fell asleep LOL so he woke at 9.10 which just happened to be his appointment time for a bottle :dohh: so I started feeding him and just that moment we were called in so I had to take it off him :wacko: so he wasnt amused! Will have to wait to hear from the Dr to find out what the next stage is.... she said his kidney is still dilated, apparently it 14mm dilated, and I am sure it was only 11 last time? But then again that was at a 32 week scan, so he would have been alot smaller then, so I dont know if that means its any better or worse thinking about his size?!

Just hope its all ok, we just need to keep him on his antibiotics until the Dr contacts me, assume it will be a letter?

Yes, baby massage today, its just up the road at a Childrens Centre, with other Mums, so hopefully he will like it and wont show me up LOL apparently its good for bonding, relieves colic (which he does have), helps sleep (PRAYING THIS WORKS!) and is good for circulation/breathing and digestion.
Its free and is on every Tuesday so its good that its so close, gets us out and will get him used to being around other babies!

The centre also runs its clinic today at 1.30 so I am going to take him back then to see if we can get him weighed! Dying to know how much he is weighing now! LOL

Have you decided when you are stopping working yet? xx

lol i see why he wasnt amused lol if i just started enjoying food i would be annoyed if someone took it away from me lol

wow i know nothing about kidneys, when did you say they found out about this? like when in your pregnancy?

and what size is a normal baby kidney ment to be? is it causing any side effects to him? and did they say it will go away? i hope it settles down and goes back to normal size. It probs will be a letter but i hate waiting for letters lol so i usualy ring up before the letters come! lol

haha show you up lol your funny i giggled lol , and that seems really nice id love to do that when my little ones here, are dads alowed to go? lol

i for sure will need to fill up my time while im off so i dont end up stayin home all day lol my friend has a little boy so shel probs bring him round alot but i wanna be out and about doing baby activiities lol meeting other new mums

ive booked my antinatel classes and there starting in novemeber! so il be 7 months or so by then. did you have any?

Il be having breastfeeding,postnatel,labour,and one more thing classes cant remember what it is lol.

what exactly is colic?

im 22 weeks now and i really am loving being pregnant i just feel amazing i wake up in the morning and feel so special that I have this gift of carrying a life inside of me its so amazing.,.

and wow its free!! i thought youd have to pay thats realy good, how many months will you do it upto? or is it continues ?

I will also join her to swimming classes lol

can you just go to the clinic as often as you want?

one and ahalf months before we start buying stuff woohoo cant wait.

Hubbys already got his eye on painting the nursery! he wants it to be basicly PINK PINK PINK lol but i said to him what if we had another baby soon after and hes a boy lol theyl be sharing a room to start with and itl be too girly lol . but hes just so excited and wants it all girly but wel see lol :p

did you paint the nursery? painting the nursery never even crossed my mind lol

And i have decided i will start it either the 18th of december ( my birthday) or 1st of december use 4 weeks of holiday then start mat leave around january

My manager tried to get me to work till my due date I DO NOT THINK SO!! lol hes like " your going to be late anyway because its your first baby " i was like.. are you serious lol i will not be in work when im ready to pop with swollen ankles lol and then my water breaks at work!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant wait lol to be off :p xx how are you finding it so far? anything realy dificult?
really easy? xx

lol i see why he wasnt amused lol if i just started enjoying food i would be annoyed if someone took it away from me lol

wow i know nothing about kidneys, when did you say they found out about this? like when in your pregnancy?

and what size is a normal baby kidney ment to be? is it causing any side effects to him? and did they say it will go away? i hope it settles down and goes back to normal size. It probs will be a letter but i hate waiting for letters lol so i usualy ring up before the letters come! lol

haha show you up lol your funny i giggled lol , and that seems really nice id love to do that when my little ones here, are dads alowed to go? lol

i for sure will need to fill up my time while im off so i dont end up stayin home all day lol my friend has a little boy so shel probs bring him round alot but i wanna be out and about doing baby activiities lol meeting other new mums

ive booked my antinatel classes and there starting in novemeber! so il be 7 months or so by then. did you have any?

Il be having breastfeeding,postnatel,labour,and one more thing classes cant remember what it is lol.

what exactly is colic?

im 22 weeks now and i really am loving being pregnant i just feel amazing i wake up in the morning and feel so special that I have this gift of carrying a life inside of me its so amazing.,.

and wow its free!! i thought youd have to pay thats realy good, how many months will you do it upto? or is it continues ?

I will also join her to swimming classes lol

can you just go to the clinic as often as you want?

one and ahalf months before we start buying stuff woohoo cant wait.

Hubbys already got his eye on painting the nursery! he wants it to be basicly PINK PINK PINK lol but i said to him what if we had another baby soon after and hes a boy lol theyl be sharing a room to start with and itl be too girly lol . but hes just so excited and wants it all girly but wel see lol :p

did you paint the nursery? painting the nursery never even crossed my mind lol

And i have decided i will start it either the 18th of december ( my birthday) or 1st of december use 4 weeks of holiday then start mat leave around january

My manager tried to get me to work till my due date I DO NOT THINK SO!! lol hes like " your going to be late anyway because its your first baby " i was like.. are you serious lol i will not be in work when im ready to pop with swollen ankles lol and then my water breaks at work!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant wait lol to be off :p xx how are you finding it so far? anything realy dificult?
really easy? xx

They first noticed it at the 20 week scan, so I had to have another at 28 weeks and then 32, and I also had a growth scan at 36 weeks too because they thought he was too small.... turns out they just measured him wrong! :dohh:

They havent told me a huge amount really, just that its quite common in boys, he has to have antibiotics until the scan results and then I guess either they will give him the all clear, change his drugs or something else? I dont want to think any further ahead because it will panic me! LOL but doesnt seem to effect him that I can tell?!

Oh he TRIED to show me up at massage class, there was only 2 other babies there when we arrived, both girls and alot older, one was 4 months and one was 3 1/2 months, so they were playing and smiling and giggling.... then a little boy came, he was 10 weeks old, so twice Charlies age LOL and he was just laying on the soft play bit, chilled out and smiling.... Charlie just cried! I thought Oh god he is going to hate this and scream throughout the whole thing.... :wacko: but he was a little star!! All the other babies cired, the other little boy cried so much his Mum gave up and got him dressed and left! Charlie just lay there, looking around and loved it.... so he redeemed himself!

I really enjoyed it too, nice to get out and see other Mums, as I dont have any friends nearby with babies. I want to go every week, but I am going to stay at my Mums on Tuesday so going to leave early morning, so will have to miss it this week which I am a bit gutted about.

Oh yeah I want to do swimming with Charlie too! And yeah its free, and I didnt go back to the clinic to have him weighed because it was chucking down with rain so will just wait til the Health Visitor comes again.

Yeah I painted the nursery... twice!! The first time was green, like a quite bright green, because we were going to have a jungle theme, then the line of My Jungle Family at mothercare we were getting was discontinued :growlmad: so we changed it to My Little Circus (we already had the mobile for Jungle, and it has the same animals so that was OK!) so re-painted it yellow. I love his room, will post some pics for you to have a look! Hoping we will be moving soon though, there are some new houses just being finished 2 mins up the road and they look ideal, so fingers crossed we will be in one of them come New Year!

Oh dont listen to your Manager, everyone at my work told me to work up til my Due Date, good job I didnt, because he was 5 days early! I worked up until 37 weeks and that was hard enough so you take as much time as you like, and tell them just because she is your first doesnt mean you will be late!

xxx

Oh no, I didnt have any antenatal classes sorry!

Here are some pics of his room... these were taken on the Sunday just after we had the gliding chair delivered, and he was born the next night!! He must have known to wait til then so it would all be ready for him LOL

He has lots more toys and teddies now, people keep spoiling him!

Attachments

• 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1
  • 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1
how much did he weigh again when he was born? they think our little girls fat i think lol they said she has a big belly its still in the normal rage but something about only 5percent have that big belly lol im not suprised realy im not exactly slim and ive got a podge lol :)

i know what you mean dont panic yourself!! im sure hel be fine xxx

aww lol maybe he wasnt into it to start with lol but then changed his mind!! lol haha aww it sounds really funn :)

do you feel all back to normal now after having him? or do you stil feel different? whats it like? lol like do you feel ill after birth for awhile??

i love the circus idea!! and aww that sounds good wel probably be moving soon , we want to buy a house but we have to find one first lol

what was your first thought when charlie was born? :) xx

omg sooo cute i love how its just the one wall thats yelloww and did you get your bedding from mother care?? i was gonna get something similer to that with baloons on because my mum bought me bedding similer when i was a baby so i wanted something close to that!

that room is so adorable

and omg my husbands mum who lives in america- her friends through her a suprise baby shower ( for our baby as its her first grandchild so sweet) so apperently everyone who came got the baby so much stuff so shel be fedexing that over so exciting cant wait to see what theyve got her :p xx

and i love the chair too. i want one! were did you get that too :p lol x

Yeah the bedding is from Mothercare, its the Little Circus range, he has loads of jungle animals that my Mum bought him, so we sort of worked it around them LOL there are 2 walls painted, but you cant see the other one in the pics.. I didnt want to paint them all because it would be TOO yellow! LOL plus if we move soon, I will have to paint it all back to white....:dohh:

He was 6lb 13oz when he was born and last time he was weighed, about 3 weeks ago he was 8lb 2! So I think he must be at least 9lbs now he has eaten loads lately LOL

I feel back to normal, just sooo tired all the time! Ha ha, everyone keeps saying I look the same as before I fell pregnant now?! I didnt have a flabby belly before LOL but do now!

First thought when he was born was just "oh my god, he is here, and he is tiny, how will he NOT break when I hold him?"!!! and just the biggest rush of love ever, its impossible to describe! The first night in the hospital was so weird, I just kept looking at him sleeping and just thinking he was mine, and how strange it was that he was there and not kicking away in my belly!

Am going to have a look at the show house on Thursday, the properties we are looking to get arent ready to view yet, so we can only look at the plots, which will give us an idea of how big they are, and a show one..... quite excited! If I like it (DH is working so leaving it up to me to decide!!) we will pay the money to secure a plot and we can pick which one we like and they will be ready to move into by Jan, so Charlie will have his first Xmas in our apartment and they we will hopefully be moving!

They look good though, its a brand new development right next to a big park, which will be nice to take Charlie for walks along, and there are going to be loads of shops on a high street, and the Morrisons is almost complete too, so it will be like a brand new little village with coffee shops and stuff too!

Oooh thats so nice they have bought presents! I know people do have baby showers in UK but its not such a big thing as in the US? I think they are great, do you watch Teen Mom? LOL I watch it allll the time, and they always get tonnes of stuff when they have baby showers! Not that Charlie hasnt been thoroughly spoilt anyway! He has more clothes than me and Chris combined! And he has abut 30 teddies LOL my Mum has bought him another outfit, so will see that tomorrow when we go back

Have you started buying any bits yet? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->