Manchester?

what made you choose your hubbys bosses house? are you renting it? and hope you are out by then!! you shouldnt let him mess you about!! keep getting at him!

aww how often do you go swimming? were do you do it? x awwwww how adorable!! were do babys pick these things up lol so cute!!

omg he has grown!! how do they grow so fast wow hun hes really looking happy! how cute! it must be amazing seeing him grow so fast!. do you miss when he is a newborn? like do you think there cutest then lol or are you more enjoying him now hes older and he can interact with you more x

He just mentioned he wanted to move to Cheshire and said to my hubby if we were looking to move somewhere bigger we could have it for £700 a month (they were going to put it with a rental agent for £750). It also meant we wouldnt need to pay admin/credit check fees or put a deposit down either!
It would be ideal because its 3 bed with a garden so would be perfect for us now we have Charlie.

We go swimming once a week, its just up the road at the gym/swimming pool near me, its only £1.50 for an hour which is good! He actually learnt to blow raspberries at swimming last week ha ha think he forgot how to do it though, because he didnt do it for a while, then the past 2 days he has been doing it loads LOL

I liked how much he slept during the day as a newborn! He would eat, then sleep for about 2 hours, then eat then sleep again which was good, because I could get loads done, but its so nice now he smiles and recognises our voices/faces and smiles when he sees us etc. Also, he sleeps great at night now, so I would rather him sleep alot less during the day and sleep well at night than the other way round. But he is proper cheeky and has a gorgeous smile with dimples LOL he has grown, looking back at pics of him when he was first born, he is huge now! xx

Hi everyone :)
Is there anyone who lives near hope hospital/salford royal? I live close to there and the Trafford center. Really need some mummy friends, as I have none! :(

Hello! Where abouts are you from cupkates? Crumbs, I am not far from you, I live on Salford Quays! How old are both your LO's? xx

i am in wythenshawe, i have a 4 year old son and 14 month old daughter x

Emzul: Aw really? :o that really isnt far!
My daughters 3 months old :flow:

Cupkate: Your even closer to me too! :)

Yeah not far from Hope hospital! Where did you have your LO, the matenity unit at Hope would have closed wouldn't it? xx

I had her at home, unexpected home birth :haha:
Then got took into hope hospital, on the maternity ward. It was due to stop admitting people the day after:p so I had a ward room to myself, it was a ghost town and all the nurses were upset at the end of an era! Got brilliant care though!

What about you?:)

Hi ladies, I am not from Manchester but from Preston nearby. I have a 4 week old daughter called Daisy. I hope you are all ok x

Yeah I had Charlie at Hope, I couldn't fault it really, except they discharged us without his medication so I had to go back the next day but I found the staff lovely! x

Hi pinky12 :) aw daisys a lovely name, how are you finding being a mum? I know preston, my brother works around there :thumbup:

Emzul I love the name Charlie! It was my name for if I had a boy:p yeah I think hope is a really good hospital! It's a shame the labour ward has closed, then again it's still got a birthing suite hasn't it? :)

Why did charlie need medication? (if you don't mind me asking) it's bad that they forgot to give you it :(

Aw thanks, it was always my gave name for a boy!
Oh I didn't know they had a delivery suite? Yeah he is on Trimethoprim, an antibiotic, because he has a dilated kidney. He has had scans, most recently before Xmas he had a kidney scan where they inject a type of radiation to show organs on the scan, that came back fine! He may need to have an MCUG (?) which is (I think!) when they put a catheter in and flush some sort of liquid through his "water works" to check how they are working.
Hopefully it's nothing, it's quite common, something like 1-200 baby boys get it?

Wow, having her at home must have been quite an experience! Was it because she came so fast? xx

Yeah on my labour ward tour they shown us the maternity ward then the birthing suite and said the birthing suite will remain open, so I assume that's happened :shrug:

Aw poor Charlie:( at least it's kinda common though so they know how to sort it? I'm glad his scan came back fine:flow:

Yeah she came too quick. I was in labour for 5 hours in the night but didn't realise as I wasn't in proper pain. Then my waters broke and I went back to sleep. Then I woke up thinking I needed a #2 and went to the toilet, felt her head and two mini pushes later out she popped:) it was the ideal labour!

Wow crumbs!!!! That's ace lol, mine was mega short labour too, my waters broke at 10.30pm on the Monday night, I fannied about putting make-up on and straightening my hair (partly to keep DH calm and partly so I didn't look a scruff! Lol) then got to the hospital about 11.30pm, was checked at 12pm, 4cm.... Then at 1.30am told the MW I felt like pushing, she didn't believe me! Basically said she couldnt check me again til 4am?? But I kept saying I need to push so she checked and I was at 10, she panicked and he was born at 1.54am! So only 3 1/2 hours after my waters broke! Hope the next one is the same! Lol

Aw thanks, yeah I think he will be fine, just means he may be more prone to urine/kidney infections, but it doesn't seem to cause him any problems at the moment! xx

Ooh that is quick :) it just shows though, you know your body more than the midwifes :)

And aw yeah hopefully it continues to not cause him many problems:thumbup:

I had a pretty quick labor too. I went to hospital with back pains and was admitted at 5.30 as I was 4cm dilated and then my little Daisy was born at 9.13am, only took 15 mins to push her out.

Being a mum is hard work, especially since Daisy has colic but it is the most rewarding thing I have ever done!

Hope you and your little ones are ok x

Oh it seems alot of quick labours happen around here:p

Yeah colic isn't great :( have you tried infacol and dr browns bottles? Worked wonders for my LO when she had colic :)

I agree it is rewarding, so rewarding:D hope you and your LO are okay.

Oh Pinky I know what you are going through! Charlie had awful
Colic for about 6 weeks, he would scream for hours everyday :( I highly recommend Colief, we tried everything; Infacol, gripe water, Dr Brown bottles, comfort milk, even took him to an osteopath but nothing worked, tried Colief and from the first bottle he has been like a different baby! It's expensive, about £12 for 7ml which lasts about a week, but I managed to get it on prescription, so maybe buy a bottle then if it works tell your GP and they might do a script for you!

It's horrid when they cry and you can't help. Hope your LO is feeling better soon!

Crumbs, yeah seems like there are a few speedy ones! I couldn't imagine being in labour for hours on end!! Lol xx

Wow, you really had it bad with colic :( I thought my daughters was bad, in comparison she hardly had it!

And yeah there is :) I also couldn't imagine having a long labour. Then again as I slept through labour, I kinda feel cheated out of the whole experience :( I wanted to experience it all to the full lol.

Yeah he was really suffering with it, poor baby! But he seems to be ok now!

I see what you mean about wanting to experience it, but I was more than happy mine was so fast. It was pretty intense going from zero signs to full blown labour in less than 3 hours lol were your LO's early/on time/late? Charlie was 5 days early, which again I am thankful for lol even though everyone said I didnt look big, I felt huge and it was really hot and uncomfy for me.

I wonder if youngwife has had her little girl!! She was due Sunday and she is being v quiet... Oh i hoPE she has!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->