MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

The ER here gave me a scan just to reassure me that the bleeding wasn't from the baby, and I was just barely 6 weeks. Ok yes we didn't see much other than a gestational sac and the yolk but at least they could tell us the bleeding wasn't from baby (most likely in our case, increased hormones and irritation to the cervix, or possibly the collapsed cyst from where the egg released). Mind you I just walked in to the ER (when for once it was almost empty) without a referral, told them I was about 6 weeks with bleeding and they took me in a few mins later.

Did you go through NHS Direct dr's? I'd say screw what they say if you really want a scan, go to A&E and tell them you aren't sure of your dates and you have bleeding. Gosh I know some women on TTC sites have said they were further along than they really were, and that they had terrible cramps to the admitting doctors in the ER just to get a scan...

On personal experience of working in an early pregnancy clinic (In St.Johns in Chelmsford before they closed it!), we always told pregnant women to get bright red bleeding checked, there are so many causes for it other than mc that would need treating, infections for example.

Oh they are annoying me, I even had a little cry.

He wont send me to A and E for a scan as said they wouldnt see anything at 6 weeks, so wont reassure me. Also said they dont do scans on weekends, and only between 7-11 weeks. So he advised me to ring my doctors on monday and ask for a referral for a scan. But I will have to wait till I am atleast 7 weeks, which will mean next saturday, and they dont scan on weekends, so earliest I will be seen is 12th.

Thats 9 days of worrying :cry:

That's not true that they won't see anything at 6 weeks!! They might not see a heartbeat but they should see a fetal pole and a sac! When I had my mc I started bleeding on saturday morning and it got worse so I went to A&E myself (without even ringing the doctor, called NHS direct, but when it got worse I just went) and they did say they don't do scans on a weekend, but they had me come in first thing on monday morning (I think they might do scans on a weekend if it's an emergency, like if they need to see if it's ectopic...if you're in a lot of pain) and that monday morning I went in for a scan, I was 6+4 I think - I have to admit they didn't see anything other than a sac for me, but that was probably cause the baby never developed. Got it confirmed with 2 blood tests.
I'd just go into A&E yourself, so they can either book you in for a scan on monday morning or go to A&E on monday and get them to send you through!! They could at least do some blood tests!!

Shabutie - that is awful, hope you and bubs are okay xxx I have to agree with other ladies on here, maybe a wee white lie or two just to get you seen quicker would not harm anyone.

Thinking of you xx

Im sorry to hear this...really hope you will be ok! xx :hugs: xx

Shabutie - I agree with the other ladies. Just go in and complain of bleeding and pain and maybe they'll do a scan, or at least book one for Monday! It can't hurt to try!! Hope all is well for you and bubs!

I can't help but feel like you ladies are so much further than I am. Seems like such a big difference between my 7+4 and the 9's and 10's I'm seeing on your tickers! :haha:

I am so anxious for the next week to happen. My sister finds out what she's having on Monday. I get to find out if I'm having a niece or a nephew!! :happydance: And on Wednesday DF and I get to see our little bean on the scan! :) I'll be just over 8 weeks by then so hopefully we'll hear a heartbeat as well! :flower:

You defo don't sound mean hun I'm really scared of having a 2 year old and a new born x

Aww im sure you will do great...I bet when you have this little one it will be second nature to you with the age gap being smaller!...I feel as though im doing it all over again! I often felt guilty as little one has always wanted a little companion...however now he has started school im hoping he doesn't feel it as much xx

Eltjuh...It doesn't sound horrible at all...I know where your coming from :)

Sometimes I do regret not having one earlier...better late than never though ;)

xx

I have had smaller gaps and much larger gaps between my children lol (see sig for details) and each time was different but equally wonderful :D The main thing being about the larger gaps were that the older children were less jealous of a new arrival, and much more helpful lol :thumbup:
but they still all have a lovely close relationship. I did plan this current baby though, as I wanted another baby closer in age to my youngest -felt that the other 3 were getting so much older and he was getting more and more like an only child lol

xx

Hiya...wow I guess you have experienced it all...a lot of people told me I would have nothing to worry jealousy wise which im really glad about!...I swear though I feel like im a becoming a new mum!! I have forgotten everything!! xx

Thanks ladies. I just cant see me lasting the whole 9 days. I really am trying to stay positive, so many of you ladies have come through some bleeding. It wasnt bright red, and has eased off, but got niggling pains in my lower tummy. I think I will just wait it out till monday, see what happens then.

He did mention on the phone, that my new doctors (which I have yet to register with, I have the forms, just havent handed them back in) they do scans there. So maybe I will take the forms in monday first thing, and ring up tuesday and ask for an appointment. They might scan me there and then, if bleeding persists.

We are both terrified it will all happen again. We will be heartbroken. But I know many women have spotting at this stage and their baby still is fine.

Hope you and your baby are ok Shabutie!!
You must be so scared!! It's at least a good sign that the bleeding seems to have eased off and that it wasn't bright red.

:hugs:

Shabutie keeping my fingers crossed for you :hugs:

:hugs: Shabutie I hope everything turns out to be ok!

I had the monster of all nightmare sessions last night, woke up several times shaking with how vivid the dreams felt. The last one was the worst, I dreamt that we were in a car accident with DH and my parents. Strangely no one was hurt in the dream but it freaked me out with how real it felt. I have never been so glad to wake up and realise it was just a nightmare.

Is anyone else having super vivid dreams? I never had dreams like the ones I've been having for the past few weeks, they're not usually vivid enough to even remember half the dreams I had pre-pregnancy bar a few when I've been heavily stressed or emotional.

Me!!! I hardly ever remembered my dreams at all and now I remember them every single night and they are sooooo weird. Most of them are anxiety dreams and some of them nightmares. Not fun and not a good start to the day. Last night it was me and OH at a music festival and he just kept leaving to get beers when we were in the crowd and then he came back after many times and handed me a beer. I was so upset like "I'm pregnant!" And he said "I know, this will keep you busy, I'm going to go me up with my friend". My anger was unreal but what could I do in that crowd of people? So he left and then when he finally got back with his friend it was like a normal face on the friend but his eyes and mouth and nose were all swollen and buggy like. Ugh.
So. Weird. I should write them down every night. The night before was helping a grandma gather firewood in a post apocalyptic world where her husband had died and I knew she wouldn't make it through the winter. :wacko:

Oh god my sickness has taken a bad turn. I threw up twice today (first time all pregnancy) and I have the worst headache. NOT LOVING IT!

Oh, Shabutie :hugs:

I hope you can get a scan soon and everything is fine.

Shabutie-is it bleeding or spotting? What color? Try not to worry. I know it's difficult. Would your doctor let you get a couple of betas done for comfort? I've been spotting dark brown for 9 days. I haven't let myself worry because it's been light, and I haven't had cramping (aside from occasional dull aches). I had betas done for reassurance. I didn't have any spotting with MC, so that's helping me to remain calm. I also think the spotting is finally becoming less frequent. Take it easy and try not to do anything strenuous until it stops. :hugs:

Disney-I have had the craziest vivid dreams for the past few night too! Last night was very scary. I dreamt a gunman held up the movie theater that I was in. I had to hide in the women's bathroom and eventually convince the gunman not to shoot my mom and me. Crazy!

I got to hear the hb tonight on home doppler :) I tried for half an hour and was about to give up when I tried using it higher up and it worked. It didn't display a reading which is annoying, I guess because it was very faint, but there is no mistaking it was the hb as I have watched a ton of YouTube videos on using a doppler and the sound is unmistakable. Wish I could have seen a bpm but for now I'm happy to have found it. I hope I can get bpm closer to 10 weeks :)

I decided to try it again with a painfully full bladder lol got to listen a little longer this time but the annoying thing is when this doppler picks up a hb it starts at like 120 and rises or drops slowly from there depending on if it is my heartbeat or the baby's so it got up to 152 but then the baby swam away...I am pretty sure it was faster than that. Maybe in a few days it'll be easier for the doppler to get an accurate reading?

My OB is telling me I have a UTI according to urine culture. They want me to take Bactrim twice daily for a week! I dont have symptoms! I am terrified of the danger of taking antibiotics (I ve read they can cause defects and misccarriage)

What would you all do? Take the antibiotics?

I'd take it to get rid of the infection as infection is more dangerous than antibiotics. Sorry to hear you have an infection :(

I'm not so sure; as an RN, I know most antibiotics if used during pregnancy carry uncertain risks. They are not considered safe.

I took antibiotics (Bactrim specifically) during my last pregnancy a couple times for UTIs and my daughter was born completely healthy/"normal". The effects of an untreated UTI are much more dangerous in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->