MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

I took antibiotics (Bactrim specifically) during my last pregnancy a couple times for UTIs and my daughter was born completely healthy/"normal". The effects of an untreated UTI are much more dangerous in my opinion.

Same here and I agree.

Morning girls hope ur all ok.
I'm so use2 be tired now . Still horrible though lol.
Stil not eating much :( x
10 weeks tomoz ! So exiting ! 16 days till my scan x can't believe I'm nearly out 1st tri ! X

That is exciting - 8 weeks for me tomorrow!

Still feeling pretty horrible too - after two weeks of pretty much constant all day nausea I finally threw up after forcing down my breakfast this morning :sick: Felt ok for like half an hour after then my stomach started gurgling and I'm back to square one and feeling horrible again :cry:

Just trying to sleep through as much of it as possible (isn't at amazing how much we can actually sleep now? :haha: )

I got to hear the hb tonight on home doppler :) I tried for half an hour and was about to give up when I tried using it higher up and it worked. It didn't display a reading which is annoying, I guess because it was very faint, but there is no mistaking it was the hb as I have watched a ton of YouTube videos on using a doppler and the sound is unmistakable. Wish I could have seen a bpm but for now I'm happy to have found it. I hope I can get bpm closer to 10 weeks :)

How high did you try it?? We're gonna try again tomorrow. Really hope we can find it!! I'm ready to hear that heartbeat and know baby is ok!!

About 1.5 inches above my hairline. Start by sliding the doppler slowly down the middle of your belly then listen for a really loud heartbeat...your bean should be around that loud heartbeat but it has a softer galloping horse sound to it. I had been trying at my hairline until I watched some videos on it. Good luck!

I took antibiotics (Bactrim specifically) during my last pregnancy a couple times for UTIs and my daughter was born completely healthy/"normal". The effects of an untreated UTI are much more dangerous in my opinion.

Same here and I agree.

I had quite bad thrush and was prescribed an anti fungal after 20 weeks, everything was fine.

About 1.5 inches above my hairline. Start by sliding the doppler slowly down the middle of your belly then listen for a really loud heartbeat...your bean should be around that loud heartbeat but it has a softer galloping horse sound to it. I had been trying at my hairline until I watched some videos on it. Good luck!

Thanks! We thought we heard it once or twice but seemed to lose it pretty quickly or it was way in the background. I think it was about an inch or so above my hairline aswell. :)

My OB is telling me I have a UTI according to urine culture. They want me to take Bactrim twice daily for a week! I dont have symptoms! I am terrified of the danger of taking antibiotics (I ve read they can cause defects and misccarriage)

What would you all do? Take the antibiotics?

I'm not sure about antibiotics over there (in the US), but when I was pregnant with my son my dentist prescribed me some antibiotics cause of an impacted wisdomtooth and she couldn't take it out cause I'd have to be put under which they don't do when you're pregnant. My son was perfectly fine! They antibiotics I took were Amoxicillin I think...

Nine weeks today...getting closer every day to that second tri milestone. I know by ten weeks all of the major organs are developed so I am looking forward to that so I can feel a little more confident, though I am feeling more positive daily as the pregnancy continues to progress. I probably won't try the doppler again until around ten weeks, I don't want to use it too often as I heard it isn't good to use it more than once or twice per week.

I have lost another half pound which is crazy because I actually have been eating this week...never in my life have I thought that I would WANT to gain weight but I really do hope I am up a little bit next week. The weird thing is my pregnancy app says "weight gain is a good sign of a growing baby" for the nine week update...um...it doesn't weigh enough to register anything on a scale yet as far as I know, lol. Odd.

I think we have also semi-agreed on a boy name, Felix Dimitri. So Anneke Imogen for a girl and Felix Dimitri for a boy. They are both cultural/family names for us. I get more excited daily about this baby, I just hope I am not in that 2% random miscarriage group after hearing the HB at 9 weeks. I keep trying to stay confident...I will feel more confident I think once I can see growth and feel it! I actually look skinnier than when I got pregnant so it's weird...lol.

Hi Ladies. So yeah no more blood for me today, took it realtivly easy, took the kids crabbing, they enjoed it, and the fresh air was doing me good I think, took my mind off everything. :)

Hope your all alright, your all progressing nicely.

Ugh... my 2 yr old has started seriously refusing to eat his dinner lately!! He's fine with breakfast and ok with lunch. Dinner is just a struggle!! He used to love eating anything with pasta, he loved my shepherds pie aswell but now he won't even eat that! I don't know what to do with him anymore.... Trying to just leave him to it and not make a big deal, cause I know he will eat if he's hungry. But it frustrates me!!! :dohh:
Tried the bribing aswell (no book before you go to sleep) but that's not working... so after I read somewhere not to try and bribe your child to eat we stopped doing that, but still, not eating his dinner..... :shrug:

Hiya girls...

I am really beginning to feel shocking! I am constantly feeling sick and I am annoying everyone as I am now unable to join in with the family meals :lol: I keep sleeping too!! Have to say, worse thing is, is when you haven't told anyone and they want to go out socially with you, eg: meal/drinks! What a nightmare!! xx

Ugh... my 2 yr old has started seriously refusing to eat his dinner lately!! He's fine with breakfast and ok with lunch. Dinner is just a struggle!! He used to love eating anything with pasta, he loved my shepherds pie aswell but now he won't even eat that! I don't know what to do with him anymore.... Trying to just leave him to it and not make a big deal, cause I know he will eat if he's hungry. But it frustrates me!!! :dohh:
Tried the bribing aswell (no book before you go to sleep) but that's not working... so after I read somewhere not to try and bribe your child to eat we stopped doing that, but still, not eating his dinner..... :shrug:

Oh dear...I know when my little one was that age it used to really upset me when he would refuse his food but because we used to both get upset I used to leave it and try later...or when he was hungry he would ask...hope his appetite picks up soon!! xx

Eltjuh - that must be terribly frustrating. He will eat when he is hungry enough though.

I am still not having any morning sickness. Slight nausea but nothing like you all have described.

Has anyone tried any of the at-home gender prediction myths? DF's sister had me do the drano one this morning. She did the mixing outside while I stayed inside so as not to harm me or baby. It said girl. The "pencil test" has also said girl. But the Chinese and Mayan predictors say boy! Haha. Evenly split.

That is a common misconception about children and saying they will eat when they are hungry. I went on a course about children refusing to eat as my son had days when he hardly ate anything, then eat tons the next (he grew out of this) but they did say children starved themselves because they refused to eat certain foods.

If he eating a good breakfast and ok lunch and I'm guessing your giving him snacks through out the day all should be fine.

I feel so nauseous right now :X I was craving a big fruit salad earlier so my husband got me one...well it made me violently sick with diarrhea. At least I am cleared out now but :( I am guessing my system was just shocked by nutrition or something because the fruit was fine (he also ate it and was fine). I really miss eating a normal diet and I feel bad like I am not getting enough nutrients for the baby but hopefully my vitamins are doing the trick. I did quickly listen once more tonight for the baby and found it right away now that I know where it generally likes to "hang out." Still cannot get an accurate heart rate reading because the placenta whooshing sound messes up the reading (the heart rate is a weaker sound than the placenta). Still, it is nice to listen for a bit :)

This week will be very busy...just hope it goes by fast.

DecemberWait I LOVE your names! They are both absolutely beautiful. Felix is a great boys choice! :kiss:

DecemberWait I LOVE your names! They are both absolutely beautiful. Felix is a great boys choice! :kiss:

Thank you :) We had Anneke Imogen forever...we easily decided on it together. A boy name just came to us last night! I go back and forth on thinking boy or girl but regardless it is good to be prepared with names for both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->