MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Ok before I drag drowsy behind off to bed, I was in fits of giggles over something so silly, DH and I have been calling baby a hedgehog off an on since our scan (and he/she was rolled up in a tight ball). When we were picking up my prescription of zofran (hello cause of current drowsiness) we joked about nicknaming baby Sonic the hedgehog or his girlfriend, well it turns out sonic's girlfriend is called Amy Rose... The name we have picked out if it's a girl is Amelia Rose! I think I'm going to be in fits of giggles at the scan where we find out the sex if it does turn out to be a girl.

I will have to tell DH that baby tried to tell us so early on if it is destined to be Amelia Rose. Mind you I'm not sure if it's the lack of my usual nap today or the sudden drowsiness after taking zofran tonight that is making me find this coincidence highly amusing, I had a gigglefit that almost undid what the zofran is supposed to stop haha (non-stop giggling till you're out of breath is not good for stopping nausea, nor is getting the hiccups).

Morning girls. I'm so tired my son has been awake since half 5 :( I hope he's sleeping beter by thime the babys born! Or ill never sleep .
I'm 10 weeks today and a prune :). X

Im there with you donna my little man was up at 5.15. I tried putting him back to bed but 5 minutes later he was back shouting his best friends name at me aghhh. My sickness seems to be getting a bit better which I have longed for but now im panicking x

Ladies i hope the tiredness/ms starts to ease up some for you all.
AFM - Lost all breast tenderness and fullness today. Next scan is on Saturday. Hoping it returns or that we see everything is fine this weekend....

Morning ladies, small bit of spotting last night. So thinking this is just spotting and not a MC. My boobs still hurt, and that has been my constant symptom since I got my :bfp:

Going to stick my registration forms in today and hopefully get an appointment with them soon.

I don't feel as sick today but think this is because I managed to get a good night's sleep and it is always worse when I am tired.

Morning ladies...

Im after some advise...having experienced 2 mc's previously should I be contacting the gp/midwife and request a early scan? Im feeling positive about this pregnancy but im unsure what the right thing to do is...

What would you do? xx

I don't think they do early scans until after 3 miscarriages. Seems a bit stupid if you ask me. I was lucky and I got a scan due to them thinking it was ectopic and gave me a follow one at 9 weeks which is tomorrow. I could be wrong. Try and be demanding with them and you might have more luck

I think I'm going to start my sickness tabs. I'm losing to much weight and scared its gna hurt baby. Am scared2 take them tho lol. I don't feel as sick bt stil no appetite x

Shabuti I also had some light pink spotting last night. Almost freaked out! but then decided not to cry or get sad or anything until I know for sure what is going on.
In the past week I have had a couple of days where I had no ms and was not too tired. Then yesterday I had a killer headache all day, sore boobs as usual, ate so much I thought I would explode and (sorry TMI coming up) had sex with OH for the first time in 4 days. About a half hour later I went to the bathroom and there was blood so I checked my CP and it was very low and felt a bit open which worried me even more. But this morning all the bleeding has stopped. Its still scary, but I am just going to try to not worry about it.

I am now considering having an early scan even though it costs a bit more than I would like to pay.... maybe... I don't know. I am sort of in the same boat as you LADY... Don't know what I should do.

Fixsohn...I have considered going to my doctors and asking if they can do anything but iv got a feeling I already know the answer...also I don't want them to give me one and then refuse to give me one at 12 weeks...xx

Afternoon ladies

I was sick all morning but now having had a sandwich I seem to feel better after lunch.

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend.

Fixsohn...I have considered going to my doctors and asking if they can do anything but iv got a feeling I already know the answer...also I don't want them to give me one and then refuse to give me one at 12 weeks...xx

I don't think they'll refuse to give you one at 12 weeks, because they have to do the nuchal check (for downs) and apparently that can only be done for a certain amount of weeks (mw just told me it the pocket of fluid they measure gets soaked up by the body from about 14 weeks I think).
There's no harm in asking your GP or MW, the worst they can do is say no! You never know, they might let you have it!

Just had my booking-in appointment with the midwife! Turned out she was the one who delivered my son!! Well, it was a student midwife but she was there and was responsible for the student :)

There I was trying to drink a lot and not go to the toilet before she came, and she didn't even ask me for a urine sample!!!! :dohh:

Now we're counting down to the scan!! Can't wait!!

Here in Iceland, we just have to go to our own lady doctor if we want an early scan and we pay around 60 dollars for it unless the doctor or midwife think it is essential to have an early scan. But then all visits with the midwife and the 12 and 20 week scans are free. The midwife also comes to your home after the birth for a week, twice a day to begin with and then less frequently as time goes on. The stay in the hospital around birth time and all food while in the hospital is free for mother and child and the father only pays a minimum fee for staying and eating as well.
Also, you get 6 month maternity leave receiving 80% of your full salary. You can extend to 9 months and your salary % will go down a bit. The father also gets two to three months off from work still receiving 80% of his salary.
I feel really blessed to be able to have children and not worry about insurance or money too much!
We just have to find a bigger flat now... we live in a tiny studio flat. :thumbup:

Morning ladies...

Im after some advise...having experienced 2 mc's previously should I be contacting the gp/midwife and request a early scan? Im feeling positive about this pregnancy but im unsure what the right thing to do is...

What would you do? xx

Ive had 2 MC before and when I phoned the NHS direct up due to bleeding, the doctor said he wouldnt scan me because I was too early, even for the reassurance becaude of previous miscarriage. So I dont know, I get the feeling they wont. it is such a worry isnt it. :hugs:

ugh my uterus is so heavy and achey today! :\ i noticed it feels like that a lot when i had a full bladder over night!

Here in Iceland, we just have to go to our own lady doctor if we want an early scan and we pay around 60 dollars for it unless the doctor or midwife think it is essential to have an early scan. But then all visits with the midwife and the 12 and 20 week scans are free. The midwife also comes to your home after the birth for a week, twice a day to begin with and then less frequently as time goes on. The stay in the hospital around birth time and all food while in the hospital is free for mother and child and the father only pays a minimum fee for staying and eating as well.
Also, you get 6 month maternity leave receiving 80% of your full salary. You can extend to 9 months and your salary % will go down a bit. The father also gets two to three months off from work still receiving 80% of his salary.
I feel really blessed to be able to have children and not worry about insurance or money too much!
We just have to find a bigger flat now... we live in a tiny studio flat. :thumbup:

Wow you get a lot of help over there!! My husband got 2 weeks off after my son was born (and he was lucky to actually get it, but that was because he was in the army and the army in the UK doesn't look after their people very well, unlike the US army). And he wasn't allowed to stay in the hospital... I was transfered to the antenatal ward whilst I was in labour, because they wanted me to try and get some sleep, so they sent him home at about 2am, then I rang him back up around 4am to come back because they were going to break my waters! And after my son was born he wasn't allowed to stay either, they sent him home after I got put on the ward(my son was born around 19.30). And he wasn't allowed to come back until 10 am the next morning! And then cause it was taking ages for them to discharge me and my son (cause they were slow, nothing was wrong with us) he should've gone home when visiting hours were over, but we didn't know that... so he stayed!

Here in the states most offices will do early scans at your request if you've had even one MC. This is my first pregnancy and I was seen at 7 weeks, 4 days. I guess the standard first scan for my OB is 7-8 weeks. I personally find it comforting. Couldn't hurt to ask!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->