MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

DH is planning on taking FMLA but he's planning on invoking it after my parents leave. He figured he'll take annual leave on the day/days after baby is born and then going back to work until my parents fly back to the UK (they're planning on being here when their first grandchild is born). His work lets his co-workers donate their saved sick time towards what he has already saved up. I believe FLMA still gives you up to 3 months (12 weeks) leave, which you can also use your sick/annual leave for so you get paid.

https://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/

LaDY: I wish I had a machine and could do scans at home for myself. In theory I think it would make me worry less, but if I scanned too early I wouldnt see a HB, and would freak out. I had an early scan with my daughter at 8 weeks 4 days, due to bleeding, as saw a HB and she was measuring 2.2cm. Id love to have a scan early again, give us the reassurance everything is progressing nicely, but If this bleeding/spotting stops then I doubt I will get one. I am constantly checking the tissue when I wipe for blood and poking my boobs, if they hurt im pregnant. Thats my weird logic going on atm. lol

It seems to be going so slow for me since I got my :bfp: But know in reality it wont be that much longer until I get near the end of the 1st trimester. A lady on my FB gave birth to a girl yesterday and the pics just make me want my baby here already :haha:

Dear god I feel sick today. Threw up at work after eating a single donut hole..awesome. At least I have this Friday off!

My vomiting is at random times! It only happened 3 times in 6 weeks! Way diff than dd. i couldnt even think about eating thats how bad ms was w her!

Sorry December that your feeling bad :( Hope you feel better soon.

AFM I can't sleep. I'm worry about my scan tomorrow and had a lovely two hour nap this afternoon. I had a m/c last pregnancy so now paranoid its a mmc. I had lovely morning sickness most of the day today (sick once but mainly nauseous) but I had a whole week with more or less no symptoms. I hate worrying unnecessarily

Dear god I feel sick today. Threw up at work after eating a single donut hole..awesome. At least I have this Friday off!

Is it wrong that this makes me want Timbits now (aka donut holes) Mmmmmm.....

Sorry December that your feeling bad :( Hope you feel better soon.

AFM I can't sleep. I'm worry about my scan tomorrow and had a lovely two hour nap this afternoon. I had a m/c last pregnancy so now paranoid its a mmc. I had lovely morning sickness most of the day today (sick once but mainly nauseous) but I had a whole week with more or less no symptoms. I hate worrying unnecessarily

I felt that way too, was up all night and my scan went great. I know how nerve wracking it is, keep the faith and don't be so freaked out you don't get a picture like me. I was so scared I was in battle mode until I got to the car....and then I bawled like a baby in relief. Wishing you the best :flower: try and get some sleep if you can.

I thought I'd try to find baby for DH tonight while lying in bed and amazingly I found him or her really fast and the hb was so clear... the clearest yet! I guess bean knew that daddy was listening <3 153bpm :)

DH is planning on taking FMLA but he's planning on invoking it after my parents leave. He figured he'll take annual leave on the day/days after baby is born and then going back to work until my parents fly back to the UK (they're planning on being here when their first grandchild is born). His work lets his co-workers donate their saved sick time towards what he has already saved up. I believe FLMA still gives you up to 3 months (12 weeks) leave, which you can also use your sick/annual leave for so you get paid.

https://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/

My husband is also taking his - we're going to alternate weeks since FMLA only qualifies for short term disability, we will only get 60% of our pay. Sooo if we alternate weeks we will go one week will 100%, one week on disability at 60%, etc - so that's how we're going to do it. And I am not going to return to work after my maternity leave is over. I'm sick of my job, I hate it, I hate the people, I hate the company - after 8 years, I am just going to leave. I'm hoping they lay me off before then so I get my nice severance package and then I don't have to deal with any of it at all .... but I've made it through 7 layoffs this year. Guess I'm good at my job? :( Either way, if I don't get laid off - we're going to alternate weeks on FMLA :) Which is kinda cheating for me because I work from home anyway lol

Hello, can you add me to march 26th please?!

Morning girls. Hope ur ok. I was feeling abit better yday. Tried to eat last night and was sick :(
Lil man slept a bit better tho bt I'm still shattered ! 2 weeks today till my scan x

LaDY: I wish I had a machine and could do scans at home for myself. In theory I think it would make me worry less, but if I scanned too early I wouldnt see a HB, and would freak out. I had an early scan with my daughter at 8 weeks 4 days, due to bleeding, as saw a HB and she was measuring 2.2cm. Id love to have a scan early again, give us the reassurance everything is progressing nicely, but If this bleeding/spotting stops then I doubt I will get one. I am constantly checking the tissue when I wipe for blood and poking my boobs, if they hurt im pregnant. Thats my weird logic going on atm. lol

It seems to be going so slow for me since I got my :bfp: But know in reality it wont be that much longer until I get near the end of the 1st trimester. A lady on my FB gave birth to a girl yesterday and the pics just make me want my baby here already :haha:

Aww hun you are so not alone!!...its awful isn't it! I found out when I was 5 weeks and my God I was a nervous wreck!...I kept going to the toilet even though I didn't need to go in order to see if im bleeding! (silly I know) But now im so much better...I think as the weeks have gone on I have become more and more positive!...and I guess I keep telling myself there is nothing I can do about it so im going to remain positive and enjoy it! iv got a mw appointment next week so im hoping I will get some reassurance. xxx

Hello ladies,
HELP Share a healthy Meal
What are your healthy lunch/Dinner menus? Care to share.
I'm having a hard time eating healthy. Here in Italy it's either pizza, pasta, or cured meats. Veggies are either fried here or covered with lots of salt and olive oil. It's hard for me to eat green leafy salads-I gag. Also, I get nausea when I'm cooking in the kitchen, but I am forcing myself.
MY sad meal : White Rice in broth---getting sick of it
Thank you in advance for replying~

Hello, can you add me to march 26th please?!

Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy, hope everything goes nice and smoothly for you :hugs:

After a week of totally feeling like a zombie zzzzzzzzz I woke up this morning and feel great ... so far haha, probably after a walk up the park with DS and our dog and I will be knackered lol. But I have managed my full pilates routine this morning and still feel good.

Roll on second tri I say, as long as the SPD doesn't get me -really scared about that! Cannot go off sick from work for practically the whole of second and third tri like last time :blush::blush:

Hope everyone else is feeling a bit better today too, with less nausea and less fatigue xxx

We like eating anything with pasta... pasta with chicken, pasta with sausages.... Or shepherds pie (don't know if you know it, it's basically minced beef with a layer of mashed potato on top, and there's boiled vegetables in it aswell) what else do we eat?? Uhm... rice with a sweet & sour sauce, or rice with a curry sauce (both with chicken) Or fish?? We like to have a bit of salmon every now and then with some potatoes and salad or boiled vegetables.

Oh and a family favourite: Homemade chicken pie.
Cook some chicken in small pieces, put it in a bowl, add whatever vegetables you like (we usually use peppers, courgette and onions) you can add them raw, then add some cream cheese (like philadelphia).
Line a baking tin with butter/grease proof paper and roll out some puff pastry, cover the baking tin with the puff pastry and add all the ingredients you had in the bowl. (you can spread a little cream cheese in the bottom aswell if you want) Then stick it in the oven for about 30 minutes on about gasmark 7 (which is about 220 C) And enjoy :)

Oh all of that sounds amazing...I really wish I could stomach it! :( xx

I have been eating a lot of stir fry's, homemade vegie pizza and mexican (yum). Had salmon tonight to try and be healthy and have a little more variety but it made me feel ill :-(
I figure as long as things are homemade I am doing well ;-)

EVERYTHING sounds yummy to me - I am just hungry all the time, watching tv, every advert I want now lmao and now really want some chicken
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->