MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Damn it... no I feel like the bad mum... eating Subway all the time! but honestly though, I didn't realize we're not supposed to eat them... and to be honest, again, I think its bull crap!
On to other cravings... SUSHI!!! ohh my goodness, I have been craving it for forever! then last friday I went to my sisters to help her move. They had a bunch of people over and had some leftover vegetable sushi rolls they were going to feed everyone during luch (there was also LOTS of other food) but I couldn't even wait, so I snuck like a plate full of sushi before lunch and then probably ate like 2/3 of the rest of the sushi during lunch... and nothing else! I am not only a bad mother, but also rude and selfish... goodness... poor baby, having me for a mother :wacko:
As for right now, I just had the BEST baked potato ever!! probably because I have been craving it for a couple of days now!
all in all today has been awesome, lots of food, not too tired and no MS :happydance:

Change of topic but taking the wee man swimming tomorrow and just tried my bathers on. Oh my good god what has happened to me. I know I should embrace it but my good god I really need to step away from the fridge and I reckon once I had got used to my little breast feeding swingers I kinda didn't mind them but now they are huge and the only one bather that I can squeeze into has no support. Yikes wish me luck ladies I reckon a couple of folkes may get an eye full tomorrow x

Maybe it's early but we picked a nursery theme, 'Oh, The Places You' ll Go' by Dr. Seuss... not starting any purchasing until at least 14wks though!

I love Dr Seuss and that story is one of my son's favourites :thumbup:

Do they have an actual nursery range?

xx

Nope I'll be making my own items out of different materials and using Etsy. I love that book and find the message is perfect for a LO :)

I googled it and there is a bedding set (only found the pink one thou but did say there was blue too) on Amazon and a few other places lol but not cheap lol...much better and more original making stuff yourself I would imagine xx

Damn it... no I feel like the bad mum... eating Subway all the time! but honestly though, I didn't realize we're not supposed to eat them... and to be honest, again, I think its bull crap!
On to other cravings... SUSHI!!! ohh my goodness, I have been craving it for forever! then last friday I went to my sisters to help her move. They had a bunch of people over and had some leftover vegetable sushi rolls they were going to feed everyone during luch (there was also LOTS of other food) but I couldn't even wait, so I snuck like a plate full of sushi before lunch and then probably ate like 2/3 of the rest of the sushi during lunch... and nothing else! I am not only a bad mother, but also rude and selfish... goodness... poor baby, having me for a mother :wacko:
As for right now, I just had the BEST baked potato ever!! probably because I have been craving it for a couple of days now!
all in all today has been awesome, lots of food, not too tired and no MS :happydance:

Just out of interest why are we not supposed to be eating a subway? That's my craving practically everyday so far!! xx

I am jealous you are having a subway everyday LaDY! :haha:

So cute you ware going to make your own bedding DecemberWait. I plan on making baby lots of dribble bibs. Will be so cute :)

Because of the risk of Listeria in cold cuts. They say you're supposed to heat cold cuts thoroughly and eat before they get cold. To be honest there's a listeria risk with most foods to the point where you can't obsess over it or you'd eat barely anything.

Oh and I've been wanting my mum's roast dinner, so much that I ended up making gravy and dipping everything I could find in it haha

If your in the UK your fine eating subway. If your in the states your not. I haven't quite got my head around why one country says its ok and one is a big nono. So go with your gut feeling. I've had 3 subways since becoming pregnant and nothing has gone wrong. But then again a lot of things I could do last pregnancies I can't do this and I couldn't have nuts last time, but I can this. I think they really need to do more research about everything tbh. In theory according to a report were not suppose to use shower gel as there is a small risk to our babies >.>

Subway stores do have microwaves, just ask them to heat any meat through in there. Our local one won't sell a BLT if it's not toasted or the bacon isn't zapped in the microwave first :winkwink:

Oh I love having the chicken breast warmed up in the microwave! Nom nom nom, must get OH to buy me one tomorrow!

About eating lunchmeats: It says on the NHS website that in other countries they recommend it, but in the UK they don't cause the risk is so small. I've always eaten them throughout my first pregnancy and this one, I didn't even know until a while ago that you weren't supposed to eat them. But I still eat them now and have subway if I want it, cause like it says, the risk is so small!
I also ate (and still eat) peanutbutter when I was pregnant with my son (and this time) cause I don't see how a baby is gonna be more likely to have a peanut allergy if you eat peanuts... I'd think it would be the other way around, if they've never been exposed to it they'd be more likely to get an allergy, right??? :shrug:
Anyway, my son definitely doesn't have a peanut allergy, cause he loves his PB sandwiches!! :haha:

When it comes to food "no-no's", almost any of those foods are okay in moderation. Obviously there will be some exceptions but when it comes to cold cuts/cold lunch meat, that's definitely a case of "allowed in moderation." Last pregnancy, they ordered a ton of cold subs at work and I freaked out that I couldn't eat them and so many women said they did throughout their pregnancies. Even last week, I indulged in some salami from the deli counter.

They say to limit caffeine intake but last pregnancy, I drank so much Pepsi throughout the 2nd & 3rd trimesters and my daughter didn't suffer from any of the "risks" they say a large caffeine intake will cause.

They just have to warn against it because everyone and every pregnancy is different so you should be aware of the risks but eating those "no-no" foods or whatever doesn't automatically mean you're going to suffer from whatever the consequence is going to be.

I was devouring peanut butter through the first few weeks after our bfp, I figured the small amount of protein in peanut butter would help where I couldn't face eating other foods. I still have a sneaky pb sandwich with the zofran when I get waves of nausea.

My older brother and I both had milk allergy related eczema when we were just days old, yet my younger brother didn't. My Mum said her milk intake never changed between pregnancies. We both grew out of it by the age of 1. Mine came back a few years ago as full lactose intolerance, but I seem to be part of that 40+% that gets some relief during the first trimester, I didn't even think and had curry on our anniversary last week that had a lot of yoghurt and milk in it and didn't suffer at all (well it did help ease up some icky constipation lol). My Dr said the hormones from pregnancy slow down digestion because they smooth out some muscles in your intestines so the effect of the lactose is less severe.

That added to the constipation from the zofran and the iron in my prenatals I would actually be willing to eat a ton more dairy, I have that lovely pregnancy gas anyway :blush:

Anyway I figure the odds of passing that on to baby are probably higher than him/her getting a peanut allergy from eating peanuts/peanut butter.

When it comes to food "no-no's", almost any of those foods are okay in moderation. Obviously there will be some exceptions but when it comes to cold cuts/cold lunch meat, that's definitely a case of "allowed in moderation." Last pregnancy, they ordered a ton of cold subs at work and I freaked out that I couldn't eat them and so many women said they did throughout their pregnancies. Even last week, I indulged in some salami from the deli counter.

They say to limit caffeine intake but last pregnancy, I drank so much Pepsi throughout the 2nd & 3rd trimesters and my daughter didn't suffer from any of the "risks" they say a large caffeine intake will cause.

They just have to warn against it because everyone and every pregnancy is different so you should be aware of the risks but eating those "no-no" foods or whatever doesn't automatically mean you're going to suffer from whatever the consequence is going to be.

We like eating anything with pasta... pasta with chicken, pasta with sausages.... Or shepherds pie (don't know if you know it, it's basically minced beef with a layer of mashed potato on top, and there's boiled vegetables in it aswell) what else do we eat?? Uhm... rice with a sweet & sour sauce, or rice with a curry sauce (both with chicken) Or fish?? We like to have a bit of salmon every now and then with some potatoes and salad or boiled vegetables.

I had a nasty headache I just couldn't get rid of last pregnancy and my (old) OB recommended taking 2 extra-strength Tylenol with a Coke and it definitely worked. Afterward I came across several women on here whose doctor recommended the same thing. I don't think they'd recommend it if it was going to do serious harm, you know?

Trust me, ALL I drank was soda the last 2 trimesters of my last pregnancy and never had any issues with my daughter suffering from it.

Omg i drank so muchcoffee and soda w dd it was terrible! No effects to her!

According to a site I just looked at the average hcg level at 7w6d is 82,370 so I guess mine was a bit above average. The doctor did say I'm probably sick from higher hormone levels!

Maybe that explains why I haven't been sick even one day. I had one day of nausea, but I fully believe that's because of what I ate - it wasn't because of the baby. But my HCG levels aren't above normal so maybe that's why I'm not getting sick. I'll take it :thumbup: lol

I have had really high HCG levels- mine were 239000 at 7.5 weeks, however I haven't been sick- just nauseous and super hungry!

According to a site I just looked at the average hcg level at 7w6d is 82,370 so I guess mine was a bit above average. The doctor did say I'm probably sick from higher hormone levels!

Maybe that explains why I haven't been sick even one day. I had one day of nausea, but I fully believe that's because of what I ate - it wasn't because of the baby. But my HCG levels aren't above normal so maybe that's why I'm not getting sick. I'll take it :thumbup: lol

I have had really high HCG levels- mine were 239000 at 7.5 weeks, however I haven't been sick- just nauseous and super hungry!

Have you had a scan? That sounds twins high!

I had a scan at 7.5 weeks- only one baby seen and 1 HB heard! They would have seen if it was twins wouldnt they????

Have my OB app and dating scan on 13/8 and have the nuchal scan on 26/8.

What's wrong with peanut butter? I have it every morning on toast, mostly it stops me being sick. I had the same with my dd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->