MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

I ate peanut butter last pregnancy and this one, at one point the NHS were recommending not to because of allergies but they say it's OK now.

I think some people say peanut butter can cause allergies in children, however I am not sure if this is true... I still eat peanut butter on toast, I really doubt a small amount would have any impact

When I first was pregnant back in 2006 they decided eating peanuts caused nut allergies. You could however have caffeine and lunch meats. In 2008 they removed the ban on nuts as their was no evidence. Some older doctors and midwives still agree the with report prior to 2008. I'm waiting until the midwife before I eat nuts as OH has a bad allergy to nuts so there is the genetics in my way. I don't think caffeine is all that bad as I drunk lots of Dr Pepper with DS and he was fine and had sandwiches. So I'm not worried about the two new rules.

Morning girls. I've been sick this morning alredi :( I eat peanut butter and lunch meats and did with my son and he's just fine x
Hope ur al ok. Less than 2 weeks til my scan exciting x

good morning ladies :flower:
Yesterday I had my first day back at work after a month off for summer vacation. I was SO excited to have lasted the whole day, no MS/nausea, tolerable tiredness. It was awesome!
Today however I have a killer cold! my throat feels all scratched up on the inside, my ears are achy, I had a low fever last night, I have been coughing and sneezing :cry: and on top of that I have sore muscles from working yesterday... because I spent the last 4 weeks in bed getting no work out at all :sleep:
So back to bed for me! Thankfully my boss is awesome and so understanding. Its my co-workers I am worried about... such gossips!

Hugs to you Donna, I haven't thrown up since I was 13 (I am 28) and the thought of it scares me! I feel for you my dear! hope you and everyone suffering from MS feels better asap!

Morning ladies! I am being ordered to go to a boot market so OH can look for baby bargins! REALLY! I have backache and cant be arsed! :haha: So I wil make him pay, in the form of a subway.

I Know when I was first pregnant with Amara they said to avoid peanuts, then nearer the end they said it was fine to eat them. There is always contradicting information, like they cant seem to decide which is right.

Had a small amount of pale pink blood on the tissue when I wiped last night, but nothing since. Thinking I should still push for an early scan? Or would you just leave it and wait until your 12 week one?

Just noticed you live in Havant!! :) I was an au-pair on Hayling Island for a year (2008-2009) It's lovely down there!!
Used to go to Havant every so often aswell - only to pick my husband (bf at the time) up from the station or drive the little girl to gymnastics :p Oh and ofcourse Hobbycraft!!! :haha:

I am jealous you are having a subway everyday LaDY! :haha:

So cute you ware going to make your own bedding DecemberWait. I plan on making baby lots of dribble bibs. Will be so cute :)

:lol: its the only thing that would stay down...however I may have spoken too soon as the thought of it today makes me :sick: xx

Also if I was you, I would push for a early scan hun! xx

Morning ladies! I am being ordered to go to a boot market so OH can look for baby bargins! REALLY! I have backache and cant be arsed! :haha: So I wil make him pay, in the form of a subway.

I Know when I was first pregnant with Amara they said to avoid peanuts, then nearer the end they said it was fine to eat them. There is always contradicting information, like they cant seem to decide which is right.

Had a small amount of pale pink blood on the tissue when I wiped last night, but nothing since. Thinking I should still push for an early scan? Or would you just leave it and wait until your 12 week one?

I would still push for an earlier one -another 6 weeks is a long time for you to be worried and hopefully it is nothing and you can have your mind set at ease xxx :hugs:

Listened to baby this morning... got up to 178bpm! He or she must be more awake than last time. Only takes me a minute or two to find him or her now that I know his or her hangout spot lol.

Listened to baby this morning... got up to 178bpm! He or she must be more awake than last time. Only takes me a minute or two to find him or her now that I know his or her hangout spot lol.

aww lovely! what a great heart beat.

I cant wait to hear or even see ours on our first scan -still 3 weeks to go

xx

Theres nothing wrong w peanut butter lol... It does not cause an allergyin the baby.

^ yup - what Nikki said.

If that was the case, my little brother would have had the worlds largest nut allergy because my mom ate peanut butter 24/7 with him. She would walk around with the jar and a spoon and just eat it constantly. He wasn't allergic to anything, he ate everything. Never had an issue.

The way I figure it is that for generations people did whatever or ate whatever they wanted during pregnancy and those generations were less sickly, had less allergies and weren't dealing with high rates of developmental and cognitive disorders. All this stress and avoidance of simple things is crazy. The only thing I'm avoiding is alcohol because FAS can be caused by as little as a few glasses of wine and it is a horrible disorder. I work with some FAS children. There is no determined safe amount so I feel zero is the best way to go though of course some people drink a lot while pregnant and have normal babies...just think back to the 50's when it was normal to drink and smoke while pregnant...crazy how obsessive we have become. I think most of it does more harm than good.

That's another thing my mom did with all 3 of us .... smoke .... and we were all 9lb babies, and we are all at least 5'10" as adults, and definitely not lacking in the weight department. My brother was like a freakin' line backer, my little sister is tall and very well built (bitch is like a model - I hate her lol). None of us had asthma, or ADHD, or anything they say can be caused by smoking.

I don't smoke, and I find smoking disgusting - but that's because it smells horrid and stains your teeth/clothes/walls so I personally just want no part of it. But, we lived and are all very healthy and had no low birth weight or any issues.

They're just paranoid these days. My great grandma raised 12 kids on the family dairy farm and all while she was pregnant, she was hauling hay bails and milking cows and chucking shit out of the barn .... they were all healthy, happy babies.

I fully agree with you - these days the restrictions are doing more harm than good. But, it's hard to know what is/isn't true because you always think in the back of your head, "What if this is absolutely right?" The only thing I'm not doing is drinking alcohol because it's not worth the risk, and eating a lot of tuna or any sushi - just because I don't want to risk the issues of mercury. But women in Japan have healthy babies and I'm sure they don't stop eating sushi - but I just don't want to risk that one. Everything else? Fair game! lol

Oh, I'm not riding my horses either - but that's just a safety issue. You never know what could happen and I'm not wanting to have my horse spooked and me get tossed off. So I'm not doing that either. I probably won't ride again until the baby is at least 6 months old because I just don't care that much lol

agreed with above! i admit i do have a glass of wine here and there with dinner, but i dont disagree with people who are against it!

I don't drink at all when I'm pregnant - don't drink a lot anyway when I'm not pregnant! Only once a month, a couple of glasses, and that's not even every month!
I don't see why people have such a hard time giving up drinking all together, it's for the health of your baby. I know you're (supposedly) allowed to have A glass of wine every so often, but it really isn't that hard to not have that one glass, is it??? -- Don't mean to judge anyone, it's your body, your life, your baby, but that's just the way I think of it!!

I have to admit I did drink sometimes when I was BFing, but I'd express before hand and not feed my son within a certain amount of hours of having my last drink! Either that or I'd give him formula instead!

Like I said, it's everyone's own choice though! :flower:

I'll make sure I have plenty of milk pumped for those times I want some wine while BFing LOL There is no way after this baby is out of me that I will pass up a glass of Moscato here and there :D Ohhhhhhhh I love wine so much!

I drank a little during my last pregnancy but definitely after the 1st trimester. I was out and wanted a glass of red wine but the bar didn't have it (or non-alcoholic beer) but they had white wine. So I googled to see if it was a definite "no" and apparently there was a study done in the UK not too long ago that showed drinking white wine regularly during pregnancy actually led to smarter babies in certain fields and something about being more in tune with your emotions or not being overly emotional, I forget exactly but it sounded good enough for me. I'm sure you could google it and find the study. And then a week before I gave birth I shared a beer with my fiance.

However, I haven't drank much in the last several months (before getting pregnant) because I was starting to feel hungover after just 2 beers and I hate that feeling more than anything. My hangovers last 2 days every single time, no matter what. So I just stopped drinking really and don't plan to have anything this time around.

I did read that study plus a few others w the same results... Im starting to wonder if thats why i have such a great baby lol, jk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->