MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

The NT scan should be covered by insurance. I am low-risk and mine is covered. I have to go to a specific location to get it done which is fine. I think it's important to get the screening done though I know some women would rather not worry which I also get.

When symptoms subside its normal, they will be back! Also when the placenta takes over aroung 9-12 weeks the nausea should subside all together ( usually). W my dd that was not the case lol.

Morning girls. Hope ur all ok I'm shattered. 2 hours it took my son to go 2 sleep aftter he went to bed yday & he woke at 6am x I can't wait4 my scan I just want to no all is ok. X

Wowie that was alot.of catching up to do! Glad ms is starting to taper off for some!
Welcome newbies!!
8 weeks today yay. Had first ms on sunday and monday then from tuesday everything stopped. Even boobs deflated. Cramping started today. We have our viability scan on saturday so hopefully its all fine xx

Morning girls! Woke up with the worlds worst neck ache. Really should get my forms into the docs and get my pregnant self into the NHS.

So I have a question....for two weeks I had constant nausea but never got sick. Two days ago I finally got sick (wasn't much bc my stomach was empty) then...nothing. for the past two days I've felt perfectly normal. No nausea, able to eat regular, maybe smaller portions than usual though. Ive had more energy, and just...feel GOOD. I've read that an abrupt stop in signs of pregnancy can be a sign of miscarriage. Should I be worried??

I am worried too - I had nausea whenever I was hungry, severe lethargy, sore boobs and feeling breathless on the slightest exertion and then from Tuesday of this week nothing :cry::cry:
Even my bloat seems more deflated than usual and I just don't feel pregnant anymore. I have midwife booking in appointment tomorrow, so will tell her my fears then although don't expect a definitive answer until my scan in another 2 and bit weeks.

But then again I am emotional, got stopped by the police this morning, ran a red light (was sure it was fine when I went through) 3 points and £60 fine and I cried:cry:. Never happened to me before, so may have cried anyway lol... and it is after night shift too, so tired from that and emotional lol

xxx

Hi girls I've lost another 2lb , I've lost 12lb al2gta nw :( I've gta go and c the midwife so she can check my urine x

Hi all, I wonder if its ok if I join you. MW had my EDD at 21/02/2014 but had scan today and was measuring roughly 3.6cm so dated for march 3rd now instead. I need to go back in about 2 weeks to have another scan and the tests done. We plan on finding out the gender, we have 4 girls and 1 boy between us already, I'm happy either way, just so pleased to see that wriggling baby and a super strong heartbeat.
I'll read back through tomorrow when I'm on laptop :) looking forward to getting to know you xx

Welcome :hugs:

Aww bet your OH and son feel outnumbered :haha: So how many weeks did they say you were?

He's my step-son so yeah the boys are totally outnumbered, especially during the week. A boy of my own would be lovely but I'm happy whatever we have.
She said baby measured at approx 10+3.
We were super lucky and caught first cycle off of birth control so last lmp technically wasn't a true period so although I did explain to the doctor and MW they still went on it for EDD.
It makes no difference to me, only I feel like a whale even more being 10ish days earlier than they'd though. And I get to see baby again in 2 weeks :happydance:

Hi all, I wonder if its ok if I join you. MW had my EDD at 21/02/2014 but had scan today and was measuring roughly 3.6cm so dated for march 3rd now instead. I need to go back in about 2 weeks to have another scan and the tests done. We plan on finding out the gender, we have 4 girls and 1 boy between us already, I'm happy either way, just so pleased to see that wriggling baby and a super strong heartbeat.
I'll read back through tomorrow when I'm on laptop :) looking forward to getting to know you xx

Welcome :hugs:

Aww bet your OH and son feel outnumbered :haha: So how many weeks did they say you were?

He's my step-son so yeah the boys are totally outnumbered, especially during the week. A boy of my own would be lovely but I'm happy whatever we have.
She said baby measured at approx 10+3.
We were super lucky and caught first cycle off of birth control so last lmp technically wasn't a true period so although I did explain to the doctor and MW they still went on it for EDD.
It makes no difference to me, only I feel like a whale even more being 10ish days earlier than they'd though. And I get to see baby again in 2 weeks :happydance:

Hey welcome and congrats on your BFP xxx :hugs:

I've been midwife got slightly less keytones so must be gtn a bit betta my blood pressure is a bit low bt nothing to worry about x

Hi ladies

I see you have been talking about the 13w NT scan.

Im also getting my one done. Just to make sure everything is ok :thumbup:

Last night I had toast and peanut butter for supper it was yummy although now Im not in the mood for it :nope:

I woke up with a headache and my gums are sore :dohh:

Hope everyone is well.

Sorry I've been MIA recently. I've been reading everyone's great updates, I've just been insanely sick and stuck in bed for the past week. :sick: I'm down 4lbs now. I feel like hell. No energy and I can't eat. Ugh I'm hoping the second tri gets here fast and is better than my first.
As far as scans go, my screening scans are covered but the diagnostic testing isn't. I'm not getting any testing done anyway. The things they look for are not changeable. The only thing you're left with IMO is a possibility of a disorder/disease and months of anxiety while you wait for the birth. The screenings, which are not harmful, only tell you IF your baby has a chance of having Downs or Browns or spina bifida. Then you need the diagnostic testing to see if the baby does in fact have it. The diagnostic testing is what causes risks. The DT for downs has a chance of 1 out of 200/300 to cause miscarriage. After the dr gave me the paperwork to read, I just denied all testing. I really don't see a point in causing anxiety over something you cant change anyway. That's just my opinion.
Well I just woke up and it's back to bed for me. I'm so tired !!

U ladies are losing and im just gaining! Tons of water weight im sure but im close to uhmmm, 9 lbs! Omg lol.

I had an ultrasound for spotting--and still had to pay over $100 because it was not scheduled as the initial or 20 week us. I have insurance through my employer--I am an RN.
Everything is definitely not covered though....my insurance company said they only pay for NT scan if you are >35 years. You are lucky, Nikki.

Wow! Thats crazy! :(. I asked the other ladies from my january group and they also did not have to pay for their nt scan high risk or not... That stinks :(

Had my 10wk OB appt. She said everything looks great and she listened for baby on her doppler and the hb was 175 :) Oddly she found it on the left side which is odd cuz I always find it on the right, I guess baby wanted a change of scenery! :)

Nikki--Don't feel bad! I am gaining too! I am worried that the OB is going to yell at me--I was 123 at 5 weeks, I weighed myself yesterday and weighed 130! It was at the end of the day and after a large meal, so I hope it was just water weight! OMG!

Hi, I'm a bit late to the party but would like to join you all if I may?

I'm 37 and expecting #1. Me and DH have been trying for 4 years. Fell pregnant naturally for the first time after more than 18 months of trying in 2011 just as we were being referred for fertility treatment but had a mmc at around 6 weeks. So we followed up our fertility appointment a few months later and had one round of ICSI in May 2012 on the NHS which resulted in a :bfn:. We couldn't afford to go private so we have just been trying our best since then and finally, on what we said was our last try before looking into adoption I get a :bfp: just in time for hubby's birthday :happydance:

It has taken a while, but have finally read the whole thread which has helped me to stop panicking so much, although I am still convinced that something will go wrong!

I won't know for sure until my dating scan but am due on 31st March going by my LMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->