MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Hi ladies, mind if I join? I'm Calandra/ (Cal for short) I'm 24 and I have a 19month old son. I had a late mc in May this year, and am now pregnant again and hoping this is a healthy pregnancy with our rainbow baby. I'm due on 30th March going by lmp. I am so nervous because of the mc I had in May, I would love to be excited and happy but its so hard with the fear of something going wrong! I am taking comfort in the symptoms I've been having though,and telling myself its all a sign of a healthy pregnancy,don't think I've ever been so happy to have nausea lol.x

Congrtz hun & so sorry for ur loss. :) were a lovely bunch on here :) x
Hi ladies, mind if I join? I'm Calandra/ (Cal for short) I'm 24 and I have a 19month old son. I had a late mc in May this year, and am now pregnant again and hoping this is a healthy pregnancy with our rainbow baby. I'm due on 30th March going by lmp. I am so nervous because of the mc I had in May, I would love to be excited and happy but its so hard with the fear of something going wrong! I am taking comfort in the symptoms I've been having though,and telling myself its all a sign of a healthy pregnancy,don't think I've ever been so happy to have nausea lol.x

Morning ladies!

Atleast you are able to eat a little bit Donna.

Thats such a beautiful scan.

AMF, I am 7 weeks tomorrow. :happydance: Had a bit of pale pink blood when I wiped this morning and had dredful backache. So think I will get my forms in today, and ring up monday, see if they will do an early scan or something. Hopefully there will be no more over the weekend.

After disappearance of symptoms this week I had spotting today. Waiting to see what outcome our viability scan shows tomorrow

I echo waht LaDY said! :hugs:

So I have rung the doctors, told them NHS Direct said I should ring them and get a referral for an early scan. They said I actually need to see a doctor first, so I have an appointment at 2.50pm. So fingers crossed he gives me one. I will just mention my bad backaches, and bleeding on and off and the issue of 2 previous MC. Hopefully I can get one then.

Hi ladies!
I'm on :cloud9: right now. Just got to see my little person for the first time. I'm already head over heels in love!
Will know the sex in two weeks, opting for the Harmony Test :)
Hope everyone is doing fantastic! Muah!

That's a brilliant scan. I don't think we have the Harmony Test in the UK yet. I would love to know what this one is.

Nice scan alaskanwhitec!!! Can't wait for mine in 2 weeks! I remember the feeling afterwards, you just can't stop smiling can you??

Not looking forward to today.... hubby and I have to go to court, about our house! We're living in an army house, but because hubby left the army in October last year we're not supposed to live here anymore. We've been trying to get a new house since May last year, and nobody will help us or point us in the right direction. So now we have to go to court cause the army wants us out (obviously) and that's what we were going to need to get a new house (via the council) but luckily it looks like we'll (hopefully) have a new house soon. Anyway, we still have to go to court today.... :coffee: Hopefully they'll be nice to us! :haha:

The council is rubbish. South Gloucestershire is at least. I basically was almost out on the street with my son before they rehoused us as my landlord decided he wanted his house back and private housing around Bristol is about £700-800 for a 2 bed place! Our landlord was only charging £500 but he refused to fix several things, and getting him to fix some broken titles took about a year. I was not with my OH at this point and currently having a relapse in my depression so couldn't afford the new rent. Finally we got rehoused though, just miles from DS's school, so he stays with my parents during term time just for convenience as the school run would be an hours drive in rush hour traffic, which isn't practical. I still saw him loads before you all think I'm bad mum, but as I saw it, changing school would not have been good due to his autism if he already had to adjust to mummy having a new house. We're currently trying to be rehoused closer but its an endless battle, however I have the mental health liaison person on my side so hopefully we'll get there soon.

Welcome to the group. We're a lovely bunch of people. I had a mc almost a year ago (took me a year to get pregnant again). I'm sure this time we'll both have sticky beans.

After disappearance of symptoms this week I had spotting today. Waiting to see what outcome our viability scan shows tomorrow

I'm sure it will be fine. People loss symptoms and come back all the time. Also spotting can be normal. I can understand your concern though. I'm keeping everything crossed for you and hopefully the scan tomorrow will bring good news.

I echo waht LaDY said! :hugs:

So I have rung the doctors, told them NHS Direct said I should ring them and get a referral for an early scan. They said I actually need to see a doctor first, so I have an appointment at 2.50pm. So fingers crossed he gives me one. I will just mention my bad backaches, and bleeding on and off and the issue of 2 previous MC. Hopefully I can get one then.

Its amazing how the NHS various from county to county. I think we can take ourselves to our EPAU but its a very long wait if its busy. I think bleeding alone they'll get you a scan.

AFM I'm going to have to spend the day chasing student finance as they lost my birth certificate. I am so annoyed. I sent it recorded delivery to make sure they got it, but they decided to post it back standard 1st class. I'm so stressed that some might steal my identity and right now I can live without that. I'm trying to get my life together and decided to do an Access course before I got pregnant. So some brilliant idea in my head decided, I know lets continue with both. I might start regretting it later on as its very demanding subjects (Maths, Higher Maths, Physics and Chemistry) which apparently are the most least liked ones in the UK. Overall though I'm looking forward to it. I like a challenge. Does mean OH will be doing most of the childcare and taking this one to swimming and music lessons once its born.

Good luck hon! I am sure all is fine though :)
My symptoms disappeared at 7.5 weeks and I was worried too, but the scan showed all good xx

Not long till I have docs, really hoping he sends me for an early scan. i wish we could do self referals at our local hospital, but then i imagine they'd get lots of people just turning up. All depends how this doctor is.... never met him before so hoping he is a nice and understanding one.

amara gone off to her nans for the afternoon, so would work out great if they do send us for one today, as she wont be back till 6.30-7pm

Not long till I have docs, really hoping he sends me for an early scan. i wish we could do self referals at our local hospital, but then i imagine they'd get lots of people just turning up. All depends how this doctor is.... never met him before so hoping he is a nice and understanding one.

amara gone off to her nans for the afternoon, so would work out great if they do send us for one today, as she wont be back till 6.30-7pm

I really hope you get one!! Keep us updated! xx

Hang in there <3. I had one brown spot at 6w1 and almost lost it....turns out spotting is common with twins. My breast soreness completely went away except for when AF one was due in week 4 and when AF two was due this past week. I was also freaked out and I'd already seen the heartbeats twice as well! Then yesterday my MS had slowed down over 3 days so I called to ask them to scan me a day early out of fear. What do you know, an hour before the scan, I vomit outside the grocery. Symptoms really do come and go. Your placenta is starting to build-up to take over too.

What a true MC feels like: with my MC, I spotted tiny pin drop cells of pink and brown everyday from 5w3 on no matter what I did. At 5w3, I had a bleed that was light but covered my panties. I had some of the worst headaches of my entire life, but no nausea and no appetite. My levels went from 2000 to 3800 over 48 hrs, not quite doubling. In my case, implantation had gone wrong and it hurt to even sit down on the vaginal area...at 8w0, I had some of the worst diarrhea and cramping...but after weeks of almost bedrest I had so much energy and didn't even wake at night to pee!!! I knew my baby was gone...because suddenly no bleeding and a feeling that the baby was reabsorbing in my body. It's a nasty, nasty dull cramping feeling. He finally came out via misoprostol in week 10...had passed at 8w0.

I hope this comforts you..<3

XxCalxX- Big congrats!!! I'm so sorry for your late loss. I hope this is your sticky one!!! I'm also 6.5 today, like you, according to my scan on Monday.

Shabutie and Hockey- Good luck with the spotting and scans! Try not to worry. I'm right there with you on the spotting. It's been going on since July 26, but the ultrasound showed a small subchorionic hematoma. It could be something like that. Docs don't sound worried about mine because it's small. It's probably something minor like that or a sensitive cervix. If you aren't having strong cramping, then it's probably something harmless. FX!!!

Good luck to all who are having scans :hugs:

Got my doppler back from my sister today - charged it for all of 30 mins before I couldn't wait any longer and wanted to start searching :haha:

Didn't find it and it went dead after like 20 minutes grrr lol - will try to contain myself long enough for it to do a full charge and search again tonight :)

good luck shabutie and hockeywife - hope you both get your scans and all is okay with bubs xx

welcome to the new ladies, hi and congrats on your BFP's

I just had my booking in apt -told her about my vanishing symptoms and she just said that it happens sometimes, and not to worry (as if I can do anything but) unless I get cramping or bleeding etc, then to go back.

And I am still classed low risk, they don't worry about age until after 40 y.o. lmao; and I have only just sneaked through the door lol

So... I had a lovely Dr.

She first did a pregnancy test to confirm. Then did my blood pressure (which was fine) had a feel of my tummy, did my weight and height, then gave me a prescription for stronger dose folic acid. And said she will ring the hospital, and will ring me with a date for a scan. She said they do do a saturday morning clinic (So much for the other doctor telling me they dont scan on weekends) but it might be tight for squeezing me in, so prob be monday! :happydance: I am happy with that, means I will be 7+3 so should see a lovely HB.

great news shabutie -why did she give you stronger folic acid? did she say a reason for it? Hope you get your scan Saturday and see a beautiful bubba with gorgeous heart beating away xx

great news shabutie -why did she give you stronger folic acid? did she say a reason for it? Hope you get your scan Saturday and see a beautiful bubba with gorgeous heart beating away xx

Thank you! And because my BMI is over 30 I need to take a stronger dose of folic acid. She said its the equivilant of taking 15 regular folic acid tabelts in 1. Also said I should be thinking about take Vit D and calcium. And was suprised I never had to take any of this when I had Amara.

So will get some Vit D tablets when out next and will just drink more milk and eat more yoghurts for the calcium.

So... I had a lovely Dr.

She first did a pregnancy test to confirm. Then did my blood pressure (which was fine) had a feel of my tummy, did my weight and height, then gave me a prescription for stronger dose folic acid. And said she will ring the hospital, and will ring me with a date for a scan. She said they do do a saturday morning clinic (So much for the other doctor telling me they dont scan on weekends) but it might be tight for squeezing me in, so prob be monday! :happydance: I am happy with that, means I will be 7+3 so should see a lovely HB.

That's awesome and good luck Shabutie! My OB won't give me more/stronger folic acid and I have twins...she wants to wait until 2nd tri. Mine is Nature Path 800mcg

We decided to tell our parents (both sets) last night plus brothers and sisters who are all really happy for us.

But I woke up this morning with pinky brown spotting when I wipe. This is exactly how my mc started so I dig out the number of our early pregnancy unit and am on the phone to them at 7.30am, thinking they would say I had to go to my gp for a referral, but they said they would give me a scan. I hoped they could see me today, but the first appt is on Tuesday at 9am :shrug: So I will be resting up all weekend and praying that I get no more spotting. Still need to tell DH though - didn't want to worry him at work.

Fingers crossed for the others who are having scans x

Thank you! And because my BMI is over 30 I need to take a stronger dose of folic acid. She said its the equivilant of taking 15 regular folic acid tabelts in 1. Also said I should be thinking about take Vit D and calcium. And was suprised I never had to take any of this when I had Amara.

So will get some Vit D tablets when out next and will just drink more milk and eat more yoghurts for the calcium.

I never took vit D with my youngest son either but had read that they were advising it now for pregnancy and breastfeeding mums; so I have been taking it since starting my folic acid -seemingly there has been a rise in children having rickets -and calcium helps the body absorb Vit D.

We decided to tell our parents (both sets) last night plus brothers and sisters who are all really happy for us.

But I woke up this morning with pinky brown spotting when I wipe. This is exactly how my mc started so I dig out the number of our early pregnancy unit and am on the phone to them at 7.30am, thinking they would say I had to go to my gp for a referral, but they said they would give me a scan. I hoped they could see me today, but the first appt is on Tuesday at 9am :shrug: So I will be resting up all weekend and praying that I get no more spotting. Still need to tell DH though - didn't want to worry him at work.

Fingers crossed for the others who are having scans x

Hope all is okay, take it easy and have a nice relaxing weekend xxx Take care :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->