MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

We decided to tell our parents (both sets) last night plus brothers and sisters who are all really happy for us.

But I woke up this morning with pinky brown spotting when I wipe. This is exactly how my mc started so I dig out the number of our early pregnancy unit and am on the phone to them at 7.30am, thinking they would say I had to go to my gp for a referral, but they said they would give me a scan. I hoped they could see me today, but the first appt is on Tuesday at 9am :shrug: So I will be resting up all weekend and praying that I get no more spotting. Still need to tell DH though - didn't want to worry him at work.

Fingers crossed for the others who are having scans x

Aww I am sure you wil be fine hun, as it is not red. I had the same this morning, and just going to take it easy. I would tell your OH, isnt he going to go with you for the scan? My OH worries alot, and is scared of another MC, but he wants to be involved as much as he can so ive kept him updated. :hugs:

As it happens was just on the way out to go shopping, and got a call from the docs. My early scan is on Tuesday at 11.10am. :happydance:

Hope all you ladies with spotting are ok!! :hugs:

We decided to tell our parents (both sets) last night plus brothers and sisters who are all really happy for us.

But I woke up this morning with pinky brown spotting when I wipe. This is exactly how my mc started so I dig out the number of our early pregnancy unit and am on the phone to them at 7.30am, thinking they would say I had to go to my gp for a referral, but they said they would give me a scan. I hoped they could see me today, but the first appt is on Tuesday at 9am :shrug: So I will be resting up all weekend and praying that I get no more spotting. Still need to tell DH though - didn't want to worry him at work.

Fingers crossed for the others who are having scans x

Aww I am sure you wil be fine hun, as it is not red. I had the same this morning, and just going to take it easy. I would tell your OH, isnt he going to go with you for the scan? My OH worries alot, and is scared of another MC, but he wants to be involved as much as he can so ive kept him updated. :hugs:

As it happens was just on the way out to go shopping, and got a call from the docs. My early scan is on Tuesday at 11.10am. :happydance:

I told him when he got in - no point worrying him while he was at work as there is nothing he could do. I don't think he will get time off for the scan on Tuesday - he would probably stress me out more as he hates hospitals - especially the ward I need to go to as its become my second home over the past 5 years.

He would come to the 12 week one though. I think that's in a different part of the hospital :haha:

Hope your scan goes okay:thumbup:

Hi ladies!

Can I join you? I'm expecting my first baby on 2 March after a long time of TTC with my hubby and we were successful on our second IVF attempt. We are over the moon!

As I was an IVF patient I have had several viability scans so far - 1st scan at 4w3d, 2nd scan at 6w3d (saw a heartbeat) and my 3rd scan was on Wednesday at 10w3d which confirmed that our little baby is doing brilliantly! My pregnancy was confirmed as viable. We feel so blessed!

My next scan is scheduled for 5 weeks time at 15w3d.

Here's a picture of our pride and joy from my scan this week. So in loooove <3

I'm excited to join you all in the March Monkeys thread! xx :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 3
Big :hugs: to those who are experiencing worrying symptoms. The 1st trimester is awful. Scary, tiring, bleugh sicky.. wish we could all fast forward to after the 20 week scan.

Hi JonesBaby19, love the scan pic.. i always think 10 weekers look really cute and chunky :)

Big :hugs: to those who are experiencing worrying symptoms. The 1st trimester is awful. Scary, tiring, bleugh sicky.. wish we could all fast forward to after the 20 week scan.

Hi JonesBaby19, love the scan pic.. i always think 10 weekers look really cute and chunky :)

Thanks so much Hun. I know... So cute & chunky right!

I haven't had an opportunity to read back from the start of the thread as yet... Will do tomorrow... But in the meantime I'd like to join you in wish everyone who is experiencing worrying symptoms all the very best. xxx

YAY!!! :happydance: Found babys hb tonight!!! :happydance: So excited now!
Makes me feel so much better!!!! :cloud9:

Had my first scan on Wednesday and based on measurements they say I was only 6w2d which puts my due date at March 31, 2014. But also, puts conception at July 8th and we got a positive on July 12th... is that even possible? I thought you couldn't get a positive until after implantation which doesn't occur for days after conception, right?! I'm so confused.

Did you hear a heart beat? If its 1 week either way of your EDD that should be fine, but 2 weeks doesn't look good. Unless you ovulated later than normal by say a week and then your measuring fine. I would love to give you positive advice and really hoping you just ovulated late, but I'd be concerned. Are you getting a second scan soon?

congrats and welcome Jones; and I agree your scan picture is beautiful

Eltjuh -yay! on hearing heart beat, so exciting. I cant wait to hear or even see our LO's heartbeat - wont be until our can though ; although I was tempted to use the equipment at work lol to see if I could locate baby's heart but as I haven't told anyone there yet I was scared of someone finding out. Not sure if our dopplers are sensitive to hear heart beat from this early on though, as we use them on pedal pulses in feet and not on bulging bellies haha

xx

minni - hope all is okay with your bubba - I have no experience of this, but didn't want to read and run - did they say anything to cause concern or were they happy that everything was looking okay for gestation?

thinking of you xxx

I don't think dating is totally accurate that early though, at least that's why i always thought they do dating scans at 12 weeks (in the uk) but i might be wrong. I wouldn't worry too much. Baby might have a growth spurt a bit later on or maybe just a small baby... it happens!

Unless they measured it from conception.... 6 weeks and 2 days, that would be about right if you're 8+3 by lmp

Did you hear a heart beat? If its 1 week either way of your EDD that should be fine, but 2 weeks doesn't look good. Unless you ovulated later than normal by say a week and then your measuring fine. I would love to give you positive advice and really hoping you just ovulated late, but I'd be concerned. Are you getting a second scan soon?

I haven't talked to my gyn about it yet as their office was closed by the time I got the report today. I'll probably call Monday and see what the next step is. The heartbeat was good and strong at 139bpm. I keep telling myself the heartbeat is key, but I cant help but be concerned myself.

minni - hope all is okay with your bubba - I have no experience of this, but didn't want to read and run - did they say anything to cause concern or were they happy that everything was looking okay for gestation?

thinking of you xxx

As above; heartbeat looked good. The report also said my cervix is closed and the yolk sac was visible so everything else seems to be perfect

I don't think dating is totally accurate that early though, at least that's why i always thought they do dating scans at 12 weeks (in the uk) but i might be wrong. I wouldn't worry too much. Baby might have a growth spurt a bit later on or maybe just a small baby... it happens!

Unless they measured it from conception.... 6 weeks and 2 days, that would be about right if you're 8+3 by lmp

I like your theory. My sister said the same thing. Maybe baby is just measuring small right now and it will have a growth spurt soon. I though about the fact that they may be measuring from conception and no lmp but the report clearly states otherwise.

Minni2906-

Hang in there since that hb is okay. It's the COMBINATION of measuring behind, spotting, and cramps that's a big red flag. I bet you catch back up next appt. If she used a very basic machine and this appt. wasn't at your sonographer or the ER where they have high tech ones, that could be it. For peace of mind, you could also go to the ER for a second opinion.

How sure are you about your dates? I charted so I was 100%...is it possible you got some early evap lines?

Minni, your conception date could have been earlier than the the 8th (it most likely was if you got your BFP on the 12th). The zygote could have taken a while to implant and the baby can't start growing until it implants. That's why it's hard to know date of conception even with the baby's measurements. Two babies in two different women could be conceived on the same day but one zygote implants faster, so the due dates (and measurements) could be different even though they were conceived on the same day. Were you charting? Did you have an estimated day of when you thought you conceived?

Congrats on the heartbeat, Eltjuh!! :happydance:

Yay for a scan on Monday (hopefully), Shabutie! :happydance:

Congrats on your successful IVF and absolutely beautiful scan, Jones!! :yipee:
I agree that 10 week scans are so cute! I hope to make it there! I'm only at 6.5 and on Monday (6.1) ours looked like a shark. DH nicknamed the baby "tiburón" ('shark' in Spanish).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->