MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Nikki, december, our 16 week scan (well 15w 4 days) is on the 25th too! our Ob said we can find out the sex of baby then if we would like... um yes of course we want to! I want to go shopping for baby dresses or handsome little outfits hehe!

My parents are visiting for 3 weeks (2 weeks after our due date) and want us to have the baby baptised during their visit as they are stretching it coming out right after going home, they'll be visiting us over christmas/new years and will be back about 10 weeks later. Going to be fun with a 2 week old! But it's their first grandchild and they are stoked and really wanted to be here for baby's birth, they'd already booked their christmas trip here or they would have waited and they know how much I'm going to want them here. heck when I had my gallbladder attack on new years eve, I was in so much pain and so scared from the pain and needing emergency surgery that I needed hugs from my parents. I can see me being an emotional wreck in March LOL

That sounds horrible Nikki, you poor thing! I hope you feel better soon!

Nikki, december, our 16 week scan (well 15w 4 days) is on the 25th too! our Ob said we can find out the sex of baby then if we would like... um yes of course we want to! I want to go shopping for baby dresses or handsome little outfits hehe!

My parents are visiting for 3 weeks (2 weeks after our due date) and want us to have the baby baptised during their visit as they are stretching it coming out right after going home, they'll be visiting us over christmas/new years and will be back about 10 weeks later. Going to be fun with a 2 week old! But it's their first grandchild and they are stoked and really wanted to be here for baby's birth, they'd already booked their christmas trip here or they would have waited and they know how much I'm going to want them here. heck when I had my gallbladder attack on new years eve, I was in so much pain and so scared from the pain and needing emergency surgery that I needed hugs from my parents. I can see me being an emotional wreck in March LOL

Or a literally newborn!! My parents came over from Holland the day I went to hospital, and I had my son the next day so my parents were there! I bet that's what my son was waiting for :winkwink:
I had lots of family over in the first week or 2.... which, looking at it now, was maybe a bit too much! Though my parents (and my aunty, who also came over soon after, with her kids) were really good and let me go to bed whenever I wanted and did my washing and cooking for me. But still at first I just stayed up because I felt like I should be there. I was crying every day and wasn't very happy at all, just put on a smile... Looking at it now hubby and I think I might've had a slight case of postnatal depression, but it's hard to see the difference between that and just being emotional and tired.

Anyway: If your parents are there when baby hasn't been born long, Please make sure you go to bed whenever you need/want to! And don't do too much, get them to cook your dinner and help with your washing etc! They're your parents, I'm sure they wouldn't mind!!

Morning girls hope u feel better soon nikki x
I had a gd nights sleep 4 a change & stil tired keep waking up on my bk tho x

Lol- my SiL Bil and children planned to visit us a few weeks after LO was born, and planned to arrive just over 2weeks after due date. He was exactly 2week slate, I had to stay overnight in hospital as he was born too late for a 6hr discharge and the following day my relatives arrived. It was lovely to see them, but exhausting too -if anyone plans visiting this time so soon, I will be politely asking if they can leave it another few weeks lol (I don't mean regular visitors popping in for a cuppa and to see baby; just relatives form afar needing accommodation lol)

Am sure your parents will be nothing but helpful though, as Eltjuh says, remember to look after you in this time, if will be after they leave you suddenly feel deflated and exhausted and wish you had taken it easier xxx

Hi girls have been given antibiotics, I've got white cells and protein in my wee which indicates a water infection, he's sent my wee of for testing but said to take the antibioitics anyway because water infections can lead to miscarriages and that's really worried me x

Just finished a can of Pringles Chips in one day(Not naming the flavor for you gals with the MS). I was going to mention that I don't feel bad about it, but I'm just reading the Nutritional info on the back and errr I feel bad now-aww shucks.

Hope you ladies are feeling better today. My MS seems to hit me at different times of the day.

Hi girls have been given antibiotics, I've got white cells and protein in my wee which indicates a water infection, he's sent my wee of for testing but said to take the antibioitics anyway because water infections can lead to miscarriages and that's really worried me x

Donna hope you feel better soon; antibiotics for UTI should work fairly quickly and make you feel better soon, and should not put any risk to baby, keep an eye on your temperature, it is not good to have a raised temp in pregnancy (above 38C) which is common in any infection. (paracetemol is safe if you do) xxx

Thanks donna. :) yeh I'd rather take them than stay with a uti , ! I'm sure they'll work quickly ill keep an eye on my temp I haven't felt hot tho that's good :) x

Just finished a can of Pringles Chips in one day(Not naming the flavor for you gals with the MS). I was going to mention that I don't feel bad about it, but I'm just reading the Nutritional info on the back and errr I feel bad now-aww shucks.

Hope you ladies are feeling better today. My MS seems to hit me at different times of the day.

Same here... well, I ate half yesterday and the other half today :haha: (the light green one if you're wondering! :winkwink:)
Don't feel bad about it. Just don't read the back :haha: You'll get it off after the baby is born - that's my philosophy at least.

So I had the Harmony test done and my sister, who is also pregnant and a nurse, keeps arguing with me that there's no way to tell the gender through a test like that. I show her proof on the internet, first hand experiences, heck even my two doctors are the ones who told me about it. But she says I'm full of crap and don't know what I'm talking about. I'm getting frustrated, but she'll see when my results come out. I guess the thought of newer technology blows people's minds.

I think that with the harmony test they are looking for evidence of the Y chromosome in the mother's blood and if it isn't there then it's a girl...not exactly sure though?

I guess the 25th is an auspicious date for our March Monkeys lol!

Has anyone bought anything yet? I think I am going to wait until November/Black Friday to start buying unless I see sales in the mean time. I did start a registry though just to help me to remember what I want to buy :) I am one of the few weirdos probably who does NOT want a baby shower...I am going to throw a party a few months after the birth for everyone to come and meet bubs but otherwise I hate the idea of a baby shower...just not my style.

Hi all,
The 6 week holidays have kept me so busy with the kids I havent had time to come online much at all!
I did a quick read back and I'm so pleased all the scans are going well.
We had out NT scan done last week (13+4) and my bloods taken. NT measurement was 1.6 but I'll need to wait up to two weeks for the combined results. Its the result I'm dreading the most.
Anterior placenta again, which is annoying but in the grand scheme of things not a big deal.
Feeling fat, not a baby bump in sight, which is gross, brought a couple of new tops to try and hide things.
Next scan (20 week) will be around the 7th of October, just waiting for letter to confirm it.
Always feel guilty when I read how poorly you guys have been, I've been so lucky this time around.

I wont be buying anything for baby until we know what it is...i am not aving a baby shower this time since i had a huge one with my first! We have everything we need, minus clothes if its a boy!

Yes i just wish the sickness would ease, i was up at 6am, 9am, and just again at 12:30p sick in the toilet! Im hkghly annoyed now.

Yeah I will be eBaying all of the baby clothes you can get HUGE lots of clothes for so so cheap...once I know the gender I will start keeping an eye out for good deals. My morning sickness has let up a lot, I still feel sick first thing in the morning but that's it. Now I am just ravenous. I am going to make a list of healthy snacks and figure out what I can buy from the store to keep myself full without gaining a ton of weight.

Hi all...at the risk of sounding really silly...i am 12 weeks tommorow...am i right to say after tommorow i can stop taking folic acid?? (i can remember a thing with the 1st!)

Second question...i have my scan on Wednesday...when do you know the NT measurments? Do they tell you instantly or via letter? If letter how long did it take for your letter to arrive? xx

You CAN stop taking the folic acid, but you can also keep taking it. It's upto you. I'm still taking my prenatal vitamins, mainly cause I've still got them, so might aswell take them. But also cause of the other vitamins that come with it I guess. I stopped taking them at 12 weeks when I was pregnant with my son though, mainly cause they were huge and I was really bad at taking pills at the time.

And after my scan I got a sheet of paper with all the info on it, that's supposed to go in your pregnancy notes. It said the size of the baby and NT measurement and also what my duedate was and what else was seen on the scan (she checked the heartbeat and stomach and brain etc. - All appeared normal, ofcourse that's all gonna be reviewed at the 20 week scan).
And if you opt for the blood test aswell, then you should get your results in a letter sometime after your scan. I was told I'd get a phonecall within 3 working days if something was wrong or if I was high risk, so in this case no news is good news! Haven't received the results of the test yet though. I think that can take a while for them to be sent through (it's been about 10 days for me so far)

Good luck!! :hugs:

Yes just got my results in the post. I was also told that I would receive a phone call within 3 days too but I still held my breath reading the letter but thankfully low risk at less than 50000. I was happy for a moment then stress levels were back up worrying about the 20 week scan x

Just finished a can of Pringles Chips in one day............

Same here... well, I ate half yesterday and the other half today :haha: (the light green one if you're wondering! :winkwink:)
Don't feel bad about it. Just don't read the back :haha: You'll get it off after the baby is born - that's my philosophy at least.

Yes, same color of pringles:happydance: I am Just glad Italian super markets have a few American snacks!!! Going to New york for the first time at the end of this month. So many sights to see and things to do yet I keep thinking about two items: root bear floats and reeses peanut butter cups-non exsistent here. I think that's
Why I haven't gained weight:thumbup: New York Here I Come! Pregnant lady with an appetite!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->