MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Omg i just had a menthol epsom salt bath hubby drew up for me! Omg! Amazing! It felt like my muscles just relaxed immediately when i got in! The mixture of the extremely hot water and bath salts completely relaxed me and forthe first time in weeks my body doesnt ache whilei lay in bed! Now i know whatim doing a few tmes a week! Oh a plus is that my skins super smooth :)

You know you're not supposed to have really hot baths right?? Just thought I'd mention it. I think it's ok as long as you don't get dizzy because of it or feel too hot (cause you're not supposed to raise your body temperature too much!)
I doubt one really hot bath is really bad, but just thought I'd let you know, for future reference.

Have any of you second time or multiple time moms successfully used the Chinese Gender Prediction Chart? Looking at it as far as my first child, I was 21 years old at the time; conceived in October--the chart predicted a gender of female, which my daughter is. :)
Anyways, I was so excited tonight when I saw that the chart predicted male for this baby, given maternal age and month of conception. ;) I guess only time will tell.

No, mine said girl for my son, but this time it's saying boy, so maybe for me it's just the opposite of what the Chinese gender prediction says :winkwink: (hope so! :haha:)

Nikki, don't worry too much about taking ibuprofen, I mean, don't take it all the time. But when I was pregnant with my son my MIL said it was ok to take ibuprofen, and considering she's had 6 kids of her own I thought she'd know.... until I read online that you're not supposed to and I cried my eyes out cause I was scared that something would go wrong! But my son is perfectly fine, so it didn't have any effect on him! I think the best time to take it is in 2nd trimester though, I'm pretty sure it's a definite NO NO in 3rd tri.

Has anyone else stopped progesterone recently? I stopped mine at 13w even tho my Dr said I only needed to take it till 12. Feel kinda nervous but baby continues to sound great on the doppler. I'm not sure if I ever even truly needed it to begin with tho it was nice feeling like I had a safety net for awhile.

Oh eltjuh im not too worried about the hot bath because half my body sticks out of the water anyway lmao... No where near dizzy, just enough to soak my back, hips and neck area :)

Im going to speak to my doc about getting something for headaches when they get really bad !

Hi laies...i had my scan today!! Everything is fine...feels so real now :cloud9: x

Just got my NT/blood results back. Risk is at 1:1500, so that's pretty good I reckon! :)

lol eltjuh fab results- I got a letter from my obstetric services today , says

test for Down Syndrome - Fetus1 low risk

AND THAT IS ALL lol

Doesn't like to give anything away does he ? haha -I can spk to my midwife about my actual results at next appointment - thought it would mention other chromosomal risks too, but no news is good news I suppose and I haven't received a phone call from them so must be okay

What is normal for the NT?...mine measured 1.9mm...is this ok?

What is normal for the NT?...mine measured 1.9mm...is this ok?

Yep that is normal! Mine was 1.6 and I was told anything under 3 is normal. Have seen threads on here where NT was even 9.5 and baby had no chromosomal abnormality too. :hugs::hugs:

Mine was 1.7mm and I think the normal range is anything upto 3.5mm

UPDATE: All is well, thank God. Went to see my doctor and she did see a lot of reddish discharge-brownish and dots of bright red- but it was coming from a small tear somewhere pass the cervix. Said it should heal and not to worry. Baby is okay. I got to see the baby's long legs. Still looks like it enjoys several yoga positions They think it's a Boy, but it's hard to tell at 14 weeks. Thanks for your prayers and well wishes!!!!

Have any of you second time or multiple time moms successfully used the Chinese Gender Prediction Chart? Looking at it as far as my first child, I was 21 years old at the time; conceived in October--the chart predicted a gender of female, which my daughter is. :)
Anyways, I was so excited tonight when I saw that the chart predicted male for this baby, given maternal age and month of conception. ;) I guess only time will tell.

The Chinese Gender Predictor was right last time and this time for me. Also the needle trick on the string. Could be coincidence, I dunno. But it's always fun :)

Hope ur ok girls. I've got a terrible headache today. Paractomol aint doing nothing and I feel sick.. So glad all is ok ban vani x

Mine was 1.7mm and I think the normal range is anything upto 3.5mm

Depends on the age of the foetus, a thicker measurement is allowed if you have the test at 13 weeks instead of 11 for example.

Home from our 12w scan, baby is measuring 12w 6d, the NT measurement was 1.57mm and we got a DVD of baby chilling out in there! 2 weeks till my blood test results come in (although it's 3 till we hear anything if everything comes back normal). Dr asked us if we had any thoughts on baby's gender, I think boy, hubby thinks girl.... dr did a little raised eyebrow at my guess and then a smile, but said he can't tell for sure this early and wont confirm until our next appt with him in 6 weeks to conclude the screening scans.

Baby gave us a little wave then as the Dr switched from abdominal to internal baby flipped to face down, guess he/she wanted to say cheese for the video :D

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 3 - Copy.JPG
    3 - Copy.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 6
Ahw I wish I had a dvd of my 2 wk scan with this one!! I think mine was kinda ruined by the stressful day we had. Cause we literally went to hospital had the scan done and after that we had to go straight to the trainstation to make our 3hr train journey to get the keys to our new place. It was a very long day and I feel like all of that kinda took away from the joy of the scan! I remember being SOOOO happy after my first scan with my little boy and I couldn't stop thinking about it all day and couldn't stop smiling. Whereas this one felt kinda routine and I can hardly remember it now!! (it's only been 2 weeks since I had it!) :cry:

:hugs: Eltjuh! I was bummed at our first scan in the ER at almost 6 weeks because we didn't get a picture, I didn't care that you couldn't see baby (just the sac and yolk), it would have been at least some proof we had baby for a short while if we had lost him/her at that point. Felt rushed out of the U/S room and was left for a good 2 hours with no answers until I just before I was discharged (they waited to give me the report until my blood test results came back). I still think it was the cyst that caused the bleeding and happily it wasn't on todays scan!

I'm glad that's behind us and thankfully baby is still here, doing flips from side to side :happydance: ... https://youtu.be/uSQFFiL8Iao

Morning all! Happy scan day to all having their 12w scans today! Can't believe our day is finally here! I'm so excited I couldn't sleep last night and after finally dropping off I woke up very early.. laid in bed for a while telling myself it was too early to get up then finally thinking "screw it" so I'm up and about at 6:30am today.. my scan isn't until 1:30pm :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->