MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Glad baby is doing well December, :hugs: for having to be on antibiotics and for the UTI. Fingers crossed you don't have to stay on them.

I posted this on the fb group too, but grr going to whack hubby! He doesn't like the boy name we chose as much anymore and is trying to suggest Scottish names :dohh: I'm ok with more Welsh sounding names and English names, but not Scottish ones like Hamish, Ewan, Aengus. He seems really set on Ewan at the moment and I cannot ever see me calling out to baby if it is a boy with any of those. And now he wants to double barrel baby's last name... Initials would be BS (Boston-Steib) :haha: Sorry but the same reason I never double barreled my name applies, it'd just be too mean.

We originally chose Aiden Nathaniel Steib for a boys name and a while back I had a few reservations but I'm back to loving it. Because our dr at the NT scan hinted towards baby being a boy, hubby said we had to rethink names :nope:. But baby wouldn't really cooperate and show us it's nub very well so I'm hoping he's wrong or baby will remain nameless unless it's a girl (we love Amelia Rose Steib) LOL.

I started off with a full bladder and the tech got some measurements but said the baby didn't really wanna move so she had me go to the bathroom and it seemed to do the trick a little. She was finally able to get a good view of the nuchal fold and my measurement was only 1.8 (1.75) which is well within normal range so that's good :)

The doctor came in at one point and was really nice. She said there are 3 placental cysts that we need to keep an eye on and we'll follow-up with them around my 19 week scan. She didn't offer much on them so I tried googling with no luck. There weren't many concrete answers. Most personal stories were women that only had 1 (not 3) and had different stories. One said her doctor told her it was a soft marker for Downs. One said her doctor told her she'd have to deliver early & by c-section. A medical article said it may be a reason for IUGR. A few said they went away in a few weeks. Others said they lasted the whole pregnancy and caused no problems. Others said it was near the umbilical cord and the fear is that it'll grow too big and cut off flow to the cord and ultimately kill/harm the baby. I don't see my OB until the 27th so mentally I'm freaking out but I also know that it could be nothing. Just the fact that I have 3 and all the stories I read mentioned only 1. I never knew it was a thing you could have. I wonder if that's why I'm so crampy/achy all the time?

I'm also paranoid over the scan pictures lol. I'm not a tech and I know I could just have bad pictures (she gave me a disc with 8 on it & then 4 prints.) She also switched it to 3D for a few minutes which was a nice surprise. Anyway, I'm worried because I can't really see a nasal bone which is a DS marker and then the legs look stumpy which is a marker for a genetic anomaly so I'm so paranoid right now lol. I got my blood drawn for the genetic testing immediately afterward but I'm not sure when or how to expect the results. Nobody mentioned it and I asked the tech doing the test but she said she didn't really know.

Attachments

• dunn2.jpg
    dunn2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 8
  • dunn4.jpg
    dunn4.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 7
  • dunn6.jpg
    dunn6.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 11
  • dunn8.jpg
    dunn8.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 5
  • dunn9.jpg
    dunn9.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 5
Baby's legs in our scan looked similar to yours waves and we're only a few days behind. Shhhhh or you'll make me paranoid too! Actually I swear I remember reading somewhere that babies legs are shorter than arms etc at this stage, I wish I could find where I read it!

Oh wait it's the pregnancy app I have on my phone :blush: (yeah I'm a geek) at week 11 it says "baby's legs are comparatively short during this week." by the pics it looks like they even out over to the end of 13 weeks, so bubs still have time to grow those leggies out! week 14 legs look much longer :thumbup: (it's the womanlog pregnancy app btw... only one my crappy phone would load and show the pics for)

Waves i can def see the nasal bone hun...the didnt tell me if mine was present or nt and at the end of the scan i asked her if one was present and she said yes , if it wasnt she would have told us!

Hi there ladies, how are you all doing?
I'm excited that I got my 20 week scan date for the second week of October. I didn't get a 12 week scan since I opted for the Harmony Test and haven't had a chance to see my baby girl on the screen since 10 weeks which was a quick peek to confirm dates.
Was a bit sad that my doctor said no to a VBAC. I'm not looking forward to surgery and the recovery and I don't know if its just me or common but as soon as they give me the spinal before my c-section I swear I feel like I can't breathe for a full minute or two and I panic. Well I will do anything my doctor recommends if safest for my daughter but I still have alot of anxiety over the inevitable procedure...
Hope everyone is doing well and love seeing all the cute scan pics.

Baby's legs in our scan looked similar to yours waves and we're only a few days behind. Shhhhh or you'll make me paranoid too! Actually I swear I remember reading somewhere that babies legs are shorter than arms etc at this stage, I wish I could find where I read it!

Oh wait it's the pregnancy app I have on my phone :blush: (yeah I'm a geek) at week 11 it says "baby's legs are comparatively short during this week." by the pics it looks like they even out over to the end of 13 weeks, so bubs still have time to grow those leggies out! week 14 legs look much longer :thumbup: (it's the womanlog pregnancy app btw... only one my crappy phone would load and show the pics for)

Waves i can def see the nasal bone hun...the didnt tell me if mine was present or nt and at the end of the scan i asked her if one was present and she said yes , if it wasnt she would have told us!

Thanks ladies. I think it was more so because I'd never heard of placental cysts so that alone freaked me out but then reading one girl say her doctor mentioned it as a soft marker for DS, it freaked me out even more so I started over-analyzing the scans.

With a nuchal measurement of only 1.8 I know statistically, all should be okay and I'll just have to wait for the blood test results to confirm. I just have no idea when I'll receive those lol. I see so many people on here mention like 2 weeks in the mail but my cousin said she got a phone call 2 days later (nothing was wrong) so I guess we'll see.

The blood test results from my NT scan appt go straight to my obstetrician so a three week wait to find out if all is good, I figure she'd call me in sooner if there is issues with the results. The nurse that took my blood didn't press hard enough after on my arm so now I have a delightful bruise and at least a week of no blood tests from my left arm (it's the better arm to get blood from too :dohh:) so hopefully no repeat blood tests are needed between now and then.

I have my next OB appt on the 25th of Oct and our 18 week scan to recheck baby and bloods as the second part of the NT scan on the 16th of November, My brother will be with us visiting from the UK so he will be the first in our family (and only other than my parents in Dec) that will actually be there with us to see baby on the ultrasound screen. I'm surprised at how excited he is for us, he's such a quiet guy! As much as I love DH's family they will get to see baby grow up on a regular basis compared to my family from home, we want to include my older brother and my parents as much as we can whilst they visit us. I'm debating on adding a nice webcam (there's ones on babies'r'us for $40) to our baby registry lol. DH think's it's cheeky but it would be so appreciated more than something that would sit in a closet barely used as I've seen some baby registry gifts for family members have become. Hope I'm not the only one that uses a baby registry as a shopping list for ourselves too, keeps track of what we'll need to get easier :winkwink:.

Thanks ladies. I think it was more so because I'd never heard of placental cysts so that alone freaked me out but then reading one girl say her doctor mentioned it as a soft marker for DS, it freaked me out even more so I started over-analyzing the scans.

With a nuchal measurement of only 1.8 I know statistically, all should be okay and I'll just have to wait for the blood test results to confirm. I just have no idea when I'll receive those lol. I see so many people on here mention like 2 weeks in the mail but my cousin said she got a phone call 2 days later (nothing was wrong) so I guess we'll see.

For me it took almost 2 weeks in the post. BUT they did tell me that if there was something wrong they'd phone me within 3 working days, so technically the letter didn't mean too much, as it just said what I already knew, that I was low risk for DS. But ofcourse you need to have the results with the rest of your pregnancy notes. Anyway, I'm sure you'll be fine!! :) And if they didn't see a nasal bone I'm sure they would've said something (like Nikki said!)
:hugs:

Morning girls, hope ur all ok. My doppler is arriving today fingers crossed it comes today anyway! I'm scared incase I can't find a heartbeat! Should I be able to find it easily now I'm 15+2 x

December good news about baby being all good, sorry about the friable cervix and the UTI -Hope the antibiotics do the trick xxx

Waves -your pics are lovely and I agree, I have read that the legs are shorter until about 14-15 weeks when they become longer :) And I am no expert, but am sure I can see nasal bone too xx
Lol edited to say Waves look at my brown baby ticker haha
- I just noticed lmao

Disney - Name choice is hard isn't it? I found names I loved DH would veto and likewise he would suggest something I hated and I would veto that. It needs to be something you both agree on, so don't be pressurised into anything you aren't 100% happy with :D

Remind him that Aiden is originally a Scots name (original spelling Aodhan)-after AOD the celtic God.

xxx

HappyHome--do you have any birth stories from your VBACs to share? Why did you have to have the initial c section?

My c section was due to a "post dates" pitocin induction which lead me to full dilation and the delivery phase with late decels of the fetal heart rate....
I blame intervention--DAMN induction and pitocin. Should have never agreed to it.

I really hope my OB will agree to let me attempt a VBAC---I recently switched OB providers and we have yet to discuss birth options. :)

My dopplers come and I haven't got the 1st clue were to even start ? :/ I've tried and sure all I'm getting is the placenta I don't no though. X

Hi everyone I'm Louise,35 mum to 5 strapping healthy boys aged 15,14,13,4 and 2 and mummy to a beautiful angel in heaven my first and only daughter Seren was stillborn in may this year

I'm very very nervous to be pregnant gain so soon (caught at 8 weeks pp) and terrified of what's to come. By a scan last week I'm due 26th march but I have my 12 week scan on Thursday

Hi everyone I'm Louise,35 mum to 5 strapping healthy boys aged 15,14,13,4 and 2 and mummy to a beautiful angel in heaven my first and only daughter Seren was stillborn in may this year

I'm very very nervous to be pregnant gain so soon (caught at 8 weeks pp) and terrified of what's to come. By a scan last week I'm due 26th march but I have my 12 week scan on Thursday

:hugs: i can imagine you are worried x hope all is well at your scan xx

Welcome Louise and so sorry for your loss, hope you have an easier time this pregnancy xxx

Waves -your pics are lovely and I agree, I have read that the legs are shorter until about 14-15 weeks when they become longer :) And I am no expert, but am sure I can see nasal bone too xx
Lol edited to say Waves look at my brown baby ticker haha
- I just noticed lmao

Hahah thanks that's definitely reassuring! This is exactly why I didn't get the nt testing done before- because I knew I'd freak out lol. I just wanted to see my baby once more before my 18/19 week scan since I've had 3 losses and my OB wanted to change my due date by a week.

Pffff... i'm totally energy-less today..... got up early with my little boy, which i must admit i haven't done in a while cause hubby is around so he lets me sleep in most of the time. I've just been laying/sitting on the sofa most of the day... it took all my energy just to take my boy upstairs for his bath!

Does anyone else notice hot flushes when you're tired? Even doing the slightest thing just makes me feel really hot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->